Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

3. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

4. Soulthinker

He is a great actor.

5. darkcurry

I like shadowandact, I follow them on twitter, unlike other publications they don't ignore or set aside IR movies and shows that involve black men and white women. And place high parise to bw/wm pairings above the rest.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Well that's a because Shadow & Act is a black-owned blog that focuses on Film & TV involving the Global African disporia.

BTW they just recently got bought-up by Blavity.

7. darkcurry

Yeah, but you know even some of these black media publications fear giving much attention to bm/ww couples over that backlash from those sistas. It isn't just White mainstream media that praise bw/wm and sit bm/ww aside. I give them props for being bold and TRULY celebratory of diversity.

8. Reverie

I am still angry for the chance I missed to get to know him. ;)

9. Soulthinker

Hope you get that chance again soon.

10. Soulthinker

Hope you will be at those premieres in London where his movie would be played.

11. Reverie

I am not that thirsty for it. ;)

12. darkcurry

First Look photos at The Mountain Between Us

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Soulthinker

Hope to see that flick soon.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think it's smart that the tone of the movie doesn't focus on the romance at the expense of the danger.

15. darkcurry

Danger? I think it would be smart to not fear the danger as it will turn into an excuse for producers to go back to nixing on IR between black men and white women. A United Kingdom faced that danger head on and was successful.

Speaking of that, I just hope they didn't take out the romance all together, but fans of the book will notice if they did so I don't think they would. It would be The Pelican Brief all over again(in the age of social media this time.). And the latest movie based on a book where they take out the romance because a black man and white woman is playing the parts, like they did with The Circle.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I thought "A United Kingdom" was a limited theatrical release movie though?

17. Soulthinker

I saw it in my cinema twice.

18. Soulthinker

If that flick has no lovin in it it is just a action flick with a Black gelding.

19. darkcurry

Yeah, but it was successful while showing on very few screens(I managed to find it.). It ended making $14 million which was the budget of the film. Imagined what it would of done if they released on more screens. And that's even with the comment section on youtube for one the trailers with racist attacking it.

20. darkcurry

Yeah, that's why when the trailer dropped I didn't forget that this is still an issue for Hollywood. But if somehow they go that way I think fans of the book will notice, 20th Century Fox's 1st trailer isn't putting it out their that it's a romance, but when you Google the movie it says Drama/Romance, shadowandact put it out as a romance, so that's why I doubt they will try and Pelican Brief this.... but then again it's hollywood so you never know. That kissing scene could easily be deleted along with the love story angle.

But looking at the trailer and although I don't like judging by the trailer especially the first one, it doesn't seem interesting enough to go to the theatres and see. Hopefully the 2nd trailer or the movie itself is better.