Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I hope you had a good time. I totally forgot that you were coming to town as I hadn't been on the site regularly as of late.

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I saw this on the news the other week.

The guy was a VP of some restaurant or something. He lost his job. :smt081

What a jag bag.

This is one of the reasons that I thought about becoming an Uber driver and then quickly dismiss the idea. LOL.

It's a shame that people are just immediately going to violence today.

It's a scary time.

3. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think I'm ever going to do uber

I know people that do it and have no problems but I just don't want to end up being a statistic

here in the DC/Northern Virginia area we "slug" to work and I used to be OK with it, but times have changed and you really just never know

I don't have a gun I don't have a bat my car

I have no way to really protect myself

It's sad because we cannot be a community and help each other out
    Without having to worry about douche bags like this acting out and resorting to violence at the drop of a dime

4. DudeNY12

I drove for Uber earlier this year for about 3 months. Overall, my experience was good. The sole reason I was open to it was because there's no cash involved. I would drive pretty much only after 8:00 PM as I didn't want to deal with a lot of traffic. Most people were great. Often, I had really pleasant people, and we were able to have good conversations.

I think everyone gets tested here and there. On my very first night... I nearly had an incident where a couple was arguing, and the guy was acting as if he was about to hit the young lady. Eventually I made eye contact with him in the rear-view mirror, and I think he got the message.

Another near incident where a young couple asked if I could make a stop at McDonald's. I agreed, but told them that I don't want them eating in my car. the guy says OK, they get the food, then I hear the sound of the bag opening. It was about 1:00 AM. the young lady sucked her teeth, as I politely reminded that the last bus had already left, and that the ride would end there if they started eating.

A lot of them, especially the guys liked my car.

I learned early to avoid certain areas like most of the Georgia Ave corridor in DC.

I had some drunk people, but nothing horrible like throwing up, and so on. They were simply looking to get to their destination.

I generally got good feedback, and high ratings. One lady commented on how she appreciated that I waited for her to get safely inside before driving away. That's just something my Mom taught me as a youngster. That along with walking on the outside whenever walking with a lady.

I agree. It really sucks that we have to always be worried about safely and such. At work, we hire student staff for clerical duties in our office, and I'm often reminding them to have fun, but to always stay mindful that the creeps are out there looking for opportunity to strike.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Was Uber worth it? I gave it thought but then decided it wasn't worth the wear and tear on my car being that it's brand new.

I've caught a ton of ubers, some of those drivers go thru hell.

6. DudeNY12

Actually, I don't think it's worth it. I think it's OK for a while if you just want to make some extra $$$, but not at all a career move. Of course it's better than nothing for someone who is otherwise unemployed/under employed. The big thing for me was the flexibility in that you control the times in which you work.

7. 2legit

2legit Active Member

It was winter wonderland in my area, I had new camera to test funny thing is all the clouds disappeared in 2 hours and sky was totally blue,...... as you can see in the second photo. WOW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Snow already? Lol

9. 2legit

2legit Active Member

yup already !!!

I am thinking of relocating to someplace warm, with good nightlife, I would really be happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, Florida pays low wages unless you are in a Technical field. If you are in a Technical field, you can pretty much take your pick between Florida, Texas and California.

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

This forum is very pleasant lately. No bickering no nothing. What changed......?

:smt017

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Some of the usual fighters left. They haven't posted in days to weeks. so there isn't much fighting going on just.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Speak of the devil and he shall appear lol

14. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Charlie Sheen is no longer winning.

15. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

:smt033

16. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Is this a throwback?

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Nope, headlining as We speak. Not a surprised i guess.....

18. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

OMG let me guess ...

can't write this sh*t

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

No kidding.....

20. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I honestly can't decide if I'm shocked or not even remotely surprised.