Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Its not bias.....its common sense. Lol

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Congratulations FG! Very exciting, I hope the job offer makes you wanna do flips!

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thanks sweetness, waiting for the official HR offer to see .......

4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

5. Cherok33

Soft food ideas that are nourishing and filling... Go!

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Smoothies with protein powder
    Yogurt with or without fruit (canned fruit in its own juice is pretty soft and low cal)
    Oatmeal with or without fruit
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Cottage cheese with tomato and black pepper

I literally live on the that list. Like seriously lol.

Some other soft favorites...

Albondigas
    Spinach and cheese egg white omelette
    Baked fish with sweet potatoes
    Low fat chicken and dumplings (like falling off the bone crockpot chicken)
    Cheese enchiladas
    Pb & j :D
    Spinach, artichoke and Parmesan pasta bake
    Chicken pot pie

If even shredded chicken isn't soft enough right now, stick with fish. The soreness will ease up soon though :freehug:

7. Cherok33

AWESOME recommendations, thank you!!

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I hate interviews.:smt069

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What I dislike most is the assumption that everyone looks for the ideal job were they can use all of their talents. They think you will otherwise leave on the first thing smoking. My talents are very broad in scope so the ideal job for me does not exist. Usually my priority is simply finding something that i can work around my other interests. Can't tell the interviewer that tho. Lol

10. archangel

Tell me about it. I straight up don't like web development. I applied to a company but their child company sent me an interview request. There isn't enough money in the world to get me to do web development. It is not that I am bad at it. It is that I am not a fan of it. I'm trying to think of a way to say no thank you without offending the recruiter as I would love to work at the parent company doing something fun but not web development. I got enough of it a previous company. I'm not a fan. I'm dragging this guy on and I hate to do that because this is the second time that he emailed me. He did it in July ...... I feel really really bad and I don't want to get blacklisted but honestly It wouldn't be the worse thing. I don't care for California.

I had an interview earlier today with another company(New Jersey company) and now they want a video conference. I usually just take the first job offered to me. I feel bad letting someone on hold and I sort of shortsighted myself with this company by low balling my salary requirements.

There is this other place I applied at and didn't hear a thing yet though admittedly. I applied today or was it yesterday... so....I should be patient. This company could let me do a degree there. My assumption is that if I don't hear a thing from you in a day or so. You've moved on.:smt012

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What happened to med school

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

For some reason interviewers can't grasp this simple concept. I recently had an interview to do industrial electrical/electronics work. Since I have work experience in avionics and the interviewer apparently thinks it is so awesome I had to explain that I'm not hell bend on doing it now, I have other things going on in my life as well. I'm not just a job applicant, I have other interests too. sheesh.

I'm also waiting to here from another interview that I done. This particular job doesn't require any skills at all really, but I like the stability of the company. The simplicity of the work would allow me to focus on school. Besides that, I'm ready to capitalize on my A1 credit and do some spending.
    The guys I interviewed with were trying to sell me on the job, talking about advancement opportunities and shit, all of that was unnecessary. I'll give them at least three years if not four or maybe stay much longer, because all I care about right now is learning all that I can at school and using my credit to make moves outside of work. I will gladly perform my duties at that place to the fullest with ease if they decide to hire me. Let someone else become a manager. That's too hard for them to comprehend because I'm capable of doing more.

I want to straight up tell them that I'll do "more" outside of this job and still be content with it, but that's too hard for them to comprehend. lol

Simple folk just don't get it. They think all people are the same.

13. archangel

It is a long story that I would rather pm but short to say that there are cheaper schools and The USA forgives loans if you are at a USA school and work for 10 years at a public Hospital(Pointed out to me by a teacher at the school that I was going at.) The School was not in the USA..... I went to an international school because I felt that I could start immediately but I prefer not to pay 200,000 and wait til usa med school starts up. even if it takes a year or so to do it here.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense.
    I've been contemplating a career as of late. It's fun making decent money but I would prefer something that has more impact and not as much demand on my life. I work round the clock which has killed more than its fair share of relationships both romantic and otherwise.
    Really makes one think about the two wolves.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

My cousin is a programmer in Tampa. Based on what he has said and the jobs I saw advertised in central florida, there are plenty of opportunities for software engineers and programmers here.

16. archangel

Yea, Orlando is Florida's silicon Valley. I applied there to try to get back to Florida but most of my interviews have been big name companies . The problem often is you have to live near by. I had one tampa company interested but they wanted to do the interview near by. There is also the added issue of high cost of living and low pay.

At this point, I don't care being the cog in the big wheel since my plan isn't to stick to the tech field.

17. archangel

I just had a second round interview and burned that bridge. :smt012

I was honest and that cost me. :smt069

Basically

Interviewer: People use this job to go to better paying jobs. We need someone who will stay here for 5 to 10 years. Will you do that?

I tried to go around saying no.

At one point, one interviewer said something similar to if I had to do this all over that he would do it differently.

really really sucks. any how practice for interviews. I'll get better. I just don't know how to curtail the truth:smt069

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's that bullshit that I'm talking about. Its really a lame question because no one really knows what they are going to be doing 5 especially 10 years from now. If you had a crystal ball you wouldn't need a job.

The job market tends to penalize intelligent people just because they have options.

Its probably a good thing that you are not getting a masters in a tech field because I guarantee you that you would have to keep it off of your resume about 80% of the time.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sorry fam. You have two strikes against you.

1.) You are intelligent

2.) You are black

But you will still win in the long run

20. archangel

Yeah I see what you mean with the options. I got to just put it behind me. I got three(4 if I can get correct answers from the recruiter) more interviews.