Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

All you have to do is read through this thread to get the answer as to why most rapes go unreported.

I listen to sports radio on my way home from work every day, and with this Patrick Kane rape investigation going on, there have been tons and tons and tons of rape apologists calling in.

And the hosts rip into every single one of them. But my reason for bringing that up is that they said something last week that is so fitting for this conversation.

When someone has been robbed, you don't question whether or not that person was a victim. They are immediately viewed as a victim.

But, when someone claims they're raped, then all sorts of people come out of the woodwork and the person (most of the time it's a woman) is left trying to prove that she was actually a victim.

It's disgusting. And it's also the reason that most rapes go unreported. Because the woman (in most cases) has to deal with her guilt of wondering if she did/wore anything that could have caused this to happen to her, and she has to deal with the backlash by most everyone who won't believe her.

Back in the time of free love and free flowing drugs of the 60s and 70s and back before "date rape" was a thing, who would believe ANY of these women???

It was the perfect cover for a serial rapist to go unnoticed.

I had no idea that it was common knowledge back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s that Bill Cosby regularly drugged women and raped them.

:roll:

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Apparently it was at least in those circles supposedly, that's how the story broke because Hannibal brought it up.
    And just like you said it was the 60s and 70s please show any indication that a black man of any caliber famous or not wealthy or not could get away with number one crime against whiteness in this country and that's raping a white woman.
    I think the disconnect comes from a place where we are just focusing on our own groups me a bm and you a woman. From your perspective you look at like women have been getting raped and people dismiss it all the time. People try to push the blame on them as if they can control it and I totally agree with you. It's absolutely wrong and totally unfair.
    However from perspective not only experiencing being a black man but also being a student of politics and history in this country whiteness trumps gender. All men may be created equal but definitely aren't treated as such so your whiteness trumps my maleness. The reason for me pointing it out like that is everything I've learned about this country from anti-miscegenation laws to Jim Crow won't allow for the mental leap to believe this man (again before his icon status as Dr.Huxtable) as a black man was raping dozens of white women only a handful of years after the civil rights act and EVERYONE let it go. They were killing black men for whistling or even looking at white women too long and he's raping them by the dozen and everyone from producers to fellow actors to cops to prosecutors just say ok no big deal it's the guy from ISpy. I know for those of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s can't really fathom this, well maybe not until recently, but this supposedly happened to and around people who literally grew up in a world where they were told on a regular basis these negroes are beneath you, it was common practice to treat them like dirt and this negro is raping left and right and no one says a thing.
    For heaven's sake the sole reason for the creation of the Ku Klux Klan was to protect white women from these black savages and this guy his total violation of this and not so much as a burning cross?
    I don't know what the motivation would be for anyone to lie about this maybe money, everyone keeps saying these women didn't know each other, well yeah then but who is to say that a few of them didn't get together later and hatch a plot. I know the idea of women falsely accusing someone for money sounds out of this world but we exist in world where people traffic children for money so nothing is beyond the human scope for greed and money.
    Just weird to me that's all.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lol...

Actually it was the late Dr Leroy Amar, and likely Huxtable was an ode to his drug-pusher enabler.

[​IMG]

"Dr. Leroy Amar is the gynecologist doctor who prescribed Bill Cosby Quaaludes.
    Cosby said in a 2005 deposition that Amar did this knowing that he had no intention of taking the drug
    The disgraced actor admitted he planned to possibly distribute the drug, and to knowing that it was illegal to do so
    Amar lost his license to practice medicine in 1979 for 'most serious misconduct'
    He had his license reinstated in 1985 but never practiced again in California, and died in 2002"

See, Cosby was a slick rapist. Very easy to drug and rape vulnerabile young girls in an era where rape was the hardest crime to ever prosecute, which is why Cosby got away with it for so long. His enablers certainly helped feed his rapist lifestyle.

5. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Cosby's daughter is my friend and I don't defend him but from her eyes you can't imagine. I wish we'd stop talking about this. I really wish you'd stop.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

FIXED!

Maybe you could tell her to tell him to tell the truth.

7. The Dark King

Which is?

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He drugged girls to rape them.

9. The Dark King

And where is the proof?
    Look I'm not saying it's not creepy but this is why we have the burden of reasonable doubt. If it's pure hear say we can't just simply convict. In what other circumstance would he hear someone allegedly committed the same exact crime without a shred of proof and convict.
    How can one person do this dozens of times and not one slip up nI illegitimate kids, no clothing with Cosby DNA, no police reports no investigations, no tabloids just no trace at all? He must be the greatest criminal master mind to be so controlled and disciplined to never make a mistake. Not only that he had to be so pursuasive to convince law enforcement that grew up in Jim crow America to look pass allegations of rape against a black man in the 60s and 70s.
    That's a shit ton of mental hurdles to clear.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I agree it is bizarre to think Bill Cosby got away with this for so long especially during '60s/'70s, but it's the fact he was getting illegal quaaludes prescriptions from his doctor that both admitted weren't for his own personal use that tips the circumstantial argument against Coz.

The only question I have is how many were actually victims, and how many are jumping on the money train??

There's no way of knowing but I wouldn't be surprised if a quarter to half these accusers are making false claims.

You still can't get away from the fact that even if it's your GF or wife, having sex with an unconscious woman(who hasn't given her consent beforehand) is always rape.

I just wish the media would address how COMMON date rape was on that party scene.

Most of the drugs that were considered social lubricants in the swinging '60s were meant to incapacitate women for illicit sex.

11. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I do find it ridiculous that someone would even post such a comment, to much info and not inclined to get a good reaction.

So we shouldn't talk about a potential serial rapist as it upsets a "possible" friend of the family, don't read the thread would be my answer if you are that upset.

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Satchmo,I did not know you knew one of Cos' daughters. I could imagine the drama she had on what happened to her sister and brother. Her brother dated a WW before he died.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Agreed. Sach, You have Always added good stuff to this place and i Always read your posts. This one is wrong, cosby is a huge celebrity and so is this story. We have no obligations to a friend of yours and a relative to cosby. and i suppose she is not on here and the best You Can do is not read it

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Spot on.

15. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

You're right. I lost control of emotions for a sec. My bad. Thanks fam.

16. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

TDK, you change your username? :p

17. The Dark King

Nice catch lol
    I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't use any of my catchy words thanks lol

18. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Lol

[​IMG]

19. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

No probs, sorry if I came off as harsh :)

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Satch,you have not lost control on your emotions. I would like to know if someone knows a relation of a celeb and others said they lost control? I would not heap on you if you knew a relative of Polanski,Allen,or any one who never got the heat like Cos got.