BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

She's his girl. At first I thought otherwise until their conversation in bed turned personal. Also, she came down the stairs with him to see the opening of that enormous box and attempted to comfort him.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This. Their conversations were too personal & intimate and they were too affectionate with each other for her to be just a prostitute.

3. daus

daus New Member

Who is the actress?

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

"She ONLY dates pro athletes." ...Ha!

Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

5. ColiBreh1

I don't remember the character's name & I'm not sure if it was even mentioned. But looking at the cast list for last week's episode, I'm gonna assume the name of the actress is Molly McCook.

Here is the link to her IMDB page so y'all can compare her pics to confirm if that's the right actress: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2337445/

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of IR situations on television featuring a black "gangsta" and a white woman of "dubious virtue". Subtle messaging?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

What?

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Well said!

9. orejon4

You know what I mean, lol. When the black male is a criminal and the white woman with him is "fallen", i.e. a prostitute, drug addict, gold digger, etc. The implication is that those in IR relationships are morally defective. He's a criminal and she must be bad news, otherwise why else would she be with a black man?

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Those subtle jabs :smt101

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I don't like those characterizations of black men, either. The "soiled dove" white female also gets old. But it is the vision of the writer. The writer has to survive and must create a show that would appeal to the "target audience."

12. orejon4

I would like to see IR romance portrayed as just as virtuous, just, loving, intelligent, and thoughtful as any other relationship rather than buck-run-amok and lewd bad white girl. I'm not saying those negative stereotypes don't exist, but Hollywood seems to think that's the vast majority (if not all) of IR relationships.

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

+10000000000! Must spread rep.

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Look at shonda rimes shows.

15. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

Pffff Hollywood barely portrays Blacks in a positive light.

16. ColiBreh1

Examples?

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Smh

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Still remember that uproar about Will Smith having a sex scene with a white woman in Focus :smt101

19. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

You want to list the healthy IRRs featuring black men in her shows or are we supposed to feel that the type of relationships that this forum is dedicated to is properly represented by a show about a black woman whoring for the married white President? (I know that's the ideal relationship for a lot of black women, but it's what the people in this thread were referring to.)

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Loooooossssssseeeerrrrr