Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Free pass? Polanski went to jail. He was arrested, convicted and was imprisoned.
    In fact, the judge wanted to actually give him more time in the plea agreement and that's why he fled to France after he was released from jail. He was also rearrested on the same charges in 2009.

Not only that, U.S authorities have recently filed to 're-extradite him... so this man is never going to escape it.

Now, how many arrests and days in jail has Bill Cosby done?

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

lt's ridiculous to compare media heat given to somebody 30 years ago... verses today's Internet, 24 ht TV news coverage, and whatnot. During Polanski's time, it was huge news and he copped huge heat. And when Woody Allen took off with his adopted step-daughter, hell yeah, he copped heat.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Polanski is not in jail as I type this. He is still scot free. What about how many arrests and jail time would Woody Allen get? Polanski and Allen would had copped heat if A-listers and Hollywood reject them. To date they are not pariahs as compaired to Cosby.

4. Soulthinker

Correction:Allen's film primiered last Thursday in LA.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Wasn't Soon-Yi legal when they got married? If so then what he did was pretty nasty but it still pales in comparison to what Cosby is accused of. Unless Woody Allen has a history of drugging and then having sex with unconscious women then it's not a fair comparison.

6. Soulthinker

It is a fair comparison plus Dyan's account of what Allen did to her. Also,Allen has a thing with younger women. You think of his scenes with Mariel Hemmingway not creepy? As long as Allen and Polanski got that double standard while Cos' career and rep are destroyed I will still mention them as the ones who got away.

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

This.

It's ridiculous to try and compare.

Soon-Yi was 21 and wasn't drugged and raped.

Grasping much?

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

When we're talking about crime, I don't like dipping into moral equivalence arguments.

I don't care if a thousand other men drugged and raped women, what Cosby did is still wrong.

Dragging Polanski and Woody Allen into this discussion is a useless diversion.

It's hurts me personally to think it, but it looks like Cosby was a serial rapist and got away with it all these decades because his fame and wealth shielded him from scrutiny.

9. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

If you want to talk about double standard for white celebrities...

If you want to talk about double standard for white celebrities...

What about Robert Blake? Sure it is not a sex crime. But he literally got away with murder. I love Baretta when it was on TV. It was a big disappointment he was acquitted for killing his ex wife.

OJ Simpson got acquitted too. Should he have been? It doesn't matter. He is in jail right now.

10. Soulthinker

Great example Black Dragon. To think the double standard of White celebs does not exist is a diversion? It is real and to put Black celebs into worse punishment than White celebs who mostly get away with crime is not useless-unless the person thinks Black celebs deserve more punishment.

11. Soulthinker

The fame and wealth excuse can go so far when it comes to a Black celeb. You can count with your fingers of Black celebs getting away with crimes as compaired to White celebs.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I have such a hard time swallowing that pill, no pun intended, because the allegations go back as far as the 60s. This far before the untouchable status he got with being on the Cosby show. I simply can't get my mind around him raping a bunch of white women, let alone any woman for that matter, in the 60s and 70s when they were still lynching black men for daring to show interest in white women. Keep in mind we weren't even legally allowed to marry white women until 67, so I have to believe that white women were making rape allegations against dude and everyone from the cops to the prosecution to the judge just turned a blind eye. White women were so coveted in this country that the entire purpose of the ku klux klan was to protect them from black men and suddenly a black man can rape a bunch of them and skate completely unscathed. Am I missing something? Were ISPY and Fat Albert that huge, were they making the networks hundreds of millions of dollars so he simply couldn't be touched. Its difficult to get passed that mental road block.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Who are the White celebs getting away with crimes. I'm interested in the list.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

He's referring to Roman Polanski. I had heard that they're still after him. Polanski is staying put in Paris, France.

Glam rocker Paul Francis Gadd, a.k.a Gary Glitter has been charged in England for messing around with younger girls. He was caught in S.E. Asia messing around with younger boys. If he set foot there again, he would be doing time there.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well considering he's 70 and is rotting in jail -literally - for the next 16 years, l doubt he'll be going to visit Asia. Like, ever.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Cant get thru a thread w/o it being something about race.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I don't think women thought about filing charges against Cosby in the '60s and '70s because I don't think those encounters were all rape. Many of those women IMO consented to taking pills they knew would partially incapacitate them, and back then giving chicks 'ludes was a huge aspect of the party scene. Like trying to turn a female on to molly today and hoping you'll get laid.
    Cosby didn't invent giving quaaludes to chicks, he just was doing like everyone else.

Cosby I think evolved towards spiking women's drinks and that's where he really fucked up

Part of me thinks if Cosby had been White, the accusers prior to 1980 would never have come forward. Regardless, I think some of these women were horrified to find themselves semi-conscious and this Black celeb was having sex with them.
    If it was Hugh Hefner, Burt Reynolds, Steve McQueen or Warren Beatty who gave them party pills, I think those chicks would have begged those celebs to screw them.

But still, that's how it goes.
    I've said before that I've had a woman in MY bed, ass naked, my condom on about to insert, change her mind.:smt078

As soon as a man skips the basic consent part of a sexual encounter, he's tipping into rape territory.

What's bizarre is Cosby has had probably several hundred sex partners in his life and I have to think most of them weren't drug conquests, but now it's almost like the media is suggesting whenever Cosby had sex back in the day, he was raping them.

All men need to learn how to process rejection from a woman because all of us get turned down. Rich or poor.

Men ask so that women may choose.

As soon as you think you're entitled to take the pussy because that's what YOU want, you're on your way to becoming a sexual predator.

18. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Nope.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I know. Its unbelieveable.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

His attempts to deny Cosby's accountability for his rapes, by trying to deflect to another race, is failing miserably.

From his first post to his last, he has said nothing else but the words "Roman Polanski and Woody Alan". If he feels that strongly about them, he should go start a thread on them.