Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

fascinating post Bliss. What's weird is - if I was honest - I could see myself laughing at his routine in 1965, if I was alive .. eery. Life is crazy ...

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

On being raped at knifepoint by a stranger years ago

Madonna Didn't Report Her Rape For The Same Reason So Many Victims Stay Silent

By Emma*Gray*
    : 03/13/15 05:59 PM ET

During a March 11*interview on "The Howard Stern Show," Madonnasummed up exactly why so many people*don't report their sexual assaults.

The 56-year-old pop star spoke with Stern about her new album, "Rebel Heart," and about her experience of moving to New York City in the late '70s. During that period of time, she says she was sexually assaulted by a male stranger at knifepoint. "I was raped. The first year I lived in New York was crazy," Madonna told Stern.

The singer first*spoke out about the violent crime*in an October 2013 essay in Harper's Bazaar. "New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms," she wrote. "The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back, and had my apartment broken into three times."

She also explained to Stern why she never reported the incident to the cops or attempted to press charges."You've already been violated," she said. "It's just not worth it. It's too much humiliation."

In one sentence, Madonna got to the heart of why rape is one of the*most grossly underreported crimes in the United States. According to RAINN, about*68 percent of rapes are never reported. Likely, part of this tendency to underreport is because of the stigma, negative attention and re-traumatization that many victims of sexual assault face during the reporting process. And at the end of the day, just*two of every 100 people who commit rape*will ever receive jail time.

It's not hard to imagine why so many survivors of sexual assault*wait years-- and*even decades*-- to come forward with their stories.*Once a victim reports sexual assault, he or she must undergo an invasive medical exam to gather physical evidence if the assault happened during the previous five days, divulge traumatic details about the incident and his or her personal life, retell the details of the assault during a trial (if one ever happens), and face the possibility of being*maligned by the media, his or her peers and/or institution of higher learning.

Men and women who have been sexually assaulted also face the pressure to be the*"perfect victim,"and to have their narratives fit into a box of what is conventionally considered an "acceptable" rape story. This picking apart of one's experience of assault can also contribute to the "humiliation" Madonna mentioned...

MORE...
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6856196?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Bumped so any conversations about Cosby can take place in a thread not created as an attempt at an April Fools prank.....

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ra!! ^^^^^^^^

Took the liberty and brought the recent comments over here for an overall synopsis thus far. ..carry on.

HTML:

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Jill Scott war his most ardent supporter, along with Whoopi Goldberg.

Jill has had a change of heart..

Her previous tweets in support.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her current tweets since the testimony reveal..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]https://hater site.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/gotohell.png?w=300
    http://hater site.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/ufirst.png?w=300

https://twitter.com/missjillscott/status/618180915173433344

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the full comment? All I've heard was the one sentence that didn't say he planned to give them the drugs without their knowledge. From what I've heard, he just said he'd planned on giving them drugs. That's not an admission of date rape.

Ludes where widely used as a party drug back then. Guys would always buy liquor and drugs for women (for them to take willingly) in hopes of making it easier to get into their pants. Anyone that's been in the party scene knows that. I suspect that's why Whoopi remains not totally convinced.

Sure, it's a bit slimy, but it still doesn't make him a rapist. Unless, there is more to that statement than what I'm hearing.

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

You are correct, that's pretty much what the unsealed records said. So while not exactly a smoking gun, to my mind it is just further mounting evidence that he is indeed guilty of these horrible crimes. Add the fact that he fought as hard as possible to keep these records sealed, and that he paid the woman in question to settle, things are looking VERY bad for Cosby as this latest revelation could in fact open legal doors for others to further their legal actions.

This whole sick scandal is like a kick to the gut for me, as I always admired Cosby, his success, his family focused humor (with great life lessons), his charity work, donating millions to HBCU's in desperate need, the list goes on and on. Not to mention he was a great very public example that BM can be successful, wholesome, intelligent, well educated, I mean he was America's Dad for crying out loud! Now, his legacy is forever tainted, and it looks like he was a foul, lecherous, philandering, sick criminal....words fail...

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

End of an era.

At least I got to watch the Fat Albert and Cosby show(s) when I was young, dumb and stupid, before we found out ol' Bill will fuck 'em awake or asleep, doesn't really matter how.

Damn. Worse than OJ or suspecting Michael Jackson molested little boys.

Okay maybe not worse than MJ, but that's just alleged.

At least we still got Morgan Freeman and the Electric Company.:weedman:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my childhood heroes are fukcing up!!!:smt012

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

From a news report...

"Cosby made the admission he gave a woman Quaaludes and also bought the prescription drug during testimony in a 2005 civil case brought by a former Temple University employee, Andrea Constand. The lawsuit accused Cosby of drugging and sexually assaulting the woman at Cosby's home.

Cosby admitted under oath that in the 1970s he had obtained seven prescriptions for Quaaludes, the brand name for a sedative and muscle relaxant that was widely abused as a recreational drug.

'When you got the Quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these Quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?' Cosby was asked in the 2005 deposition.

'Yes,' he replied.

Asked whether he ever gave them to young women, his lawyers raised a lengthy series of objections.

Cosby testified later that he gave Constand one and a half pills of the over-the-counter antihistamine drug Benadryl."

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think we all felt that way...what you described. The whole world who loved him was shocked, not just America.
    The judge surmised his legacy this way...

"Cosby's lawyer argued that his client's deposition could reveal details of Cosby's marriage, sex life and prescription drug use.*

Cosby's reputation as a family man with wholesome values - despite the allegations brought against him - seem to be one of the main reasons Judge Eduardo C Roberno agreed to release the documents to the Associated Press.

He wrote of his decision Monday:
    'The stark contrast between Bill Cosby, the public moralist and Bill Cosby, the subject of serious allegations concerning improper (and perhaps criminal) conduct, is a matter as to which the AP - and by extension the public - has a significant interest.'

He later said: 'This case, however, is not about [Cosby’s] status as a public person by virtue of the exercise of his trade as a televised or comedic personality.

'Rather, [Cosby] has donned the mantle of public moralist and mounted the proverbial electronic or print soap box to volunteer his views on, among other things, childrearing, family life, education, and crime... He has voluntarily narrowed the zone of privacy that he is entitled to claim.'*"

11. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

BROKE. ..BUSTED...AND DISGUSTED. .......
    is where you will be in a few short years Mr. Slick....

12. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a rapist to me.

13. andreboba

When men gave women quaaludes at parties to get into their pants, the goal wasn't to knock them out. It was to lower their inhibitions.

The same reason men buy women drinks at the club.

Cosby took it a step further by actually giving some women enough pills to knock them out which is criminal.

It's the spiking of women's drinks without their knowledge that's very rape-y to me. No different than putting roofies in a chick's drink.

I don't think Cosby raped every chick he had sex with, but I do believe now he was out there committing sex crimes on a regular basis.

14. Since1980

That statement he gave is damning as hell. No wonder he wanted to keep it sealed. And it almost makes you wonder how many other victims haven't or won't come forward. This has been going on for what, 40 or so years? That's a lot of time to be out there committing crimes.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hes the one that needs to pull his pants up

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Loki,did you know there is not much intensity of condemnation of Woody Allen and Roman Polanski? I had not heard from those people who want to lynch Cos yet let those other White males go scot free. As recent as last Sunday's NYT of actress Parker Posey and she said nice things about Allen. Hope some people mention that double standard. Besides,there no brother like Cos who did a lot of good things to the community as compaired to Black critics who did not help HBCUs,bring pride in Black males,and a trail blazer of not having his Black shows turn into BET style events. He even helped Melvin Van Peebles in funding his film Sweetback.

17. Since1980

Does it really matter how much good you do if you're a serial rapist?

18. andreboba

Yeah, it' the numbers of alleged victims.

And Roman Polanski can't enter the country for fear of being arrested.

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

But hes black. Hes gave to charity... dont that count

20. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Basically.

Souls comparison is not relevant.

Woody will be forever tainted because of his relationship with his ex wife's adopted daughter. I should add that she was 21

Roman will be forever viewed as a child rapist and can never step foot in America.

Cosby is a serial rapist who is yet to be convicted and by all counts, making light of it