Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm reduced to tears because I have to deal with dipchits like you on here. I'll take FG's exercise advice any day over yours because she actually knows what she's talking about and the science behind it.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U honestly wouldn't have to deal with 'dipshits like north' if you simply put him on ignore

You choose to deal with him...there's a difference

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Uhhh, he has initiated the last couple of exchanges, including this one, between us. Tell HIM to put ME on ignore. Please and and thank you.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't have a problem with you and you don't affect me in any type of way. You and Unique been acting as some vindictive scorned lil bitches lately and need to get over your hard on for me by carrying your personal beefs with me from thread to thread. It's tired.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

7. 4north1side2

For people who want an idea of calories burned during strength conditioning vs cardio

a January 2014 study from Arizona State University reported by RunnersWorld.com found that strength-based exercises like lunges, crunches and pull-ups might actually burn more calories than previously thought:

Push-ups burned 8.56 calories per minute (514 calories per hour)
    Curl-ups (crunches) burned 4.09 calories per minute (437 calories per hour)
    Lunges burned 9.33 calories per minute (560 calories per hour)
    Pull-ups burned 9.95 calories per minute (597 calories per hour)

Obviously no one does these exercises for an hour straight. Strength routines typically take just mere seconds but can last up over a minute depending what you do.

If your able to burn more calories strength conditioning than doing cardio

[YOUTUBE]eMe-WzQQcZ4[/YOUTUBE]

8. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Seriously chile, stop trying to blame shift. I posted a link to an article I found interesting and you tell me to stop pushing people's bullshit books. How is that me following you around??? Truly, after some of your remarks to me over the last year, I couldn't care less what you do here. I certainly have no need to follow you around this board. Please be clear on that. I had no beef with you whatsoever until you started some bullchit claims about me. Just stop it right here.

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

North, its not about what a specific excersize burns in itself. The fact is that a lb of muscle burnss more calories than a lb of fat ever can
    Thus, if you want to increase your burning capability, you want more muscle on your body. The other issue is that if you utilize cardio only, you will burn muscle as well, which is not what you want. Add more muscle mass, and you'll burn more calories This is not bro schience. This is simply physiology/ metabolism and well known. In the weight loss world.
    I am not saying forget cardio, I say use it correctly. And for god sake, lift weights to add your burning capabilities

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Which one of you are going to clean n jerk me

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Do what you usually do, and clean & jerk yourself.

And I say that with love. :smt080

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

With all due respect to 'daddy ra,' if I had two minutes alone with you I'd
    [​IMG]

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Bring it on, babe. Lord knows it's been a while...I could put your ass to some serious use. :smt047

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

15. 4north1side2

Can you point out where I said don't weight lift or do any strength conditioning? You don't have to appease Ches and make her feel better about posting an bullshit article (cardio makes you gain weight, laughable) which you know it which is why you disregarded the article completely.

I'm sure you know this, but this is for the people who don't.

You really have to do some really excessive aerobic activity to burn muscle like training for a marathon.

Burning muscle for your average person should be an after thought, just like gaining huge muscles is for your average female. That's hard to accomplish. With an regular work out routine.

The body uses sugars/carbs/glucose (they all the same to me) for energy first, once that's depleted then it uses fats for energy and then, only under extreme conditions the body breaks down protein aka muscle for energy if your fats are depleted.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  16. 4north1side2

Always hilarious, people who say that don't care always typing walls of paragraphs spilling out their emotions.

The fact remains, the article for the most part is bullshit with an agenda and anyone in the fitness world would tell you that who's actually looking out for your best interest.

On an related note, I just burned 1140 calories tonight on the treadmill. How much did you burn strength conditioning today? :)

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

(All this from the dude who can't write a grammatically correct sentence.)

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Fucking lovebirds

You make my heart all warm n gooey

You can't live with each other and u damn sure can't live without

19. 4north1side2

What does the way I communicate have to do with anything to do with the thread weekly workout progress or fitness in general???

:smt017

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member