The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

So they should make him superman for the CW universe, gotcha

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I was going to say how the mighty have fallen but your comment is nicer lol

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah superman was his chance at becoming Chris hemsworth or some other young guy made insanely famous by playing a superhero

Now he's like in d-list purgatory

4. archangel

He should have run to marvel.lol He'd have a good shot at another movie.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Yes, he was. Superman Returns.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember how every fan of the Power Rangers went crazy over the White Ranger.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

I remember how crazy it was trying to buy them back in the 90s

And ur right, once the 'white power' (hmmm) ranger came out, it was over

He was hands down the baddest out there....even better than the green ranger

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The White Ranger was more coordinated, skilled and stronger than the other Power Rangers. And he was created by the bad guys. I thought Red Ranger was the toughest one in the group.

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Actually, the Green Ranger was created by Rita Repulsa, thanks to a green jewel housed in an alternate dimension. The creation of the White Ranger was by Zordon and Alpha-5 once Tommy lost his Green Ranger powers. And, for some odd reason, that gave him the role to become the new leader of the Power Rangers. Whether he was stronger is debatable since they all share the same Morphing Grid, which disperses their powers evenly.

But Tommy (Jason David Frank) is the most recognized Ranger and is still like that adult that won't forget his high school glory days when he was at his prime. Because of that, he has returned numerous occasions for different Power Ranger iterations.

11. archangel

I'm watching stonehearst asylum on netflix. Love it just love it.
    The cold dark settings.

I hoped it was a tv series but sadly a movie be warned an hour and 45 mins long.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm binging on xfiles on amazon prime

I'll check that out later

13. archangel

I never understood x-files like battlestar galatica, firefly or Dr.Who.
    I feel like I had to be in the moment when it first came out but I was too young to understand x-file. It was always that show was before the simpsons.

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Uuuuuuuuuu understand these shows now, right? :shock:

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

To better understand The X-Files, watch the show Kolchack: The Night Stalker. The X-Files' creator admitted that Kolchack was the main inspiration for The X-Files(and the spin-off The Lone Gunmen), in the premise of the exploration of the unknown and secretive worlds that we see and don't see.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]VK1mrTQd8D0[/YOUTUBE]

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

With Darren McGavin. Used to watch it on the CBS affiliate on Friday nights after Letterman, back during his first 1-3 years. Good show. I had no idea that the creator drew inspiration from that show, but it makes total sense now that you mention it.

18. archangel

Understood was the wrong word. I meant interest. I'll give the x-files a shot in a couple of months.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Don't force yourself to like it

Xfiles was more of a cult classic anyway

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member