Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's because they think everyone else is more foolish/stupid than they are. That hateful granny I was working with at the hospital who was off for almost all of the last month it was open. She fell at the bank and hurt her elbow...she was running around in a sling, one minute claiming it was broken and the next minute using the hell out of it. I'm not complaining though; I was happy not to have to work with her stupid ass.

I also had a few employees of my own over the years pull that crap. For most of them it didn't work out the way they thought or hoped it would though.

It sounds like you've seen it all. As for who's worse, it's a toss up.

My old fucktard boss was one of those deadbeats who screwed over a woman who was injured at one of the stores. A foldable step ladder collapsed under her (it was old & the holding latch broke), and she fell hitting her shoulder on a sink and landing in a mop bucket. Her shoulder and back were hurt. Procedure was followed and I arranged for the treatment she needed, but as soon as he found out she needed surgery for her shoulder, he stopped paying for her treatment. He found a chiropractor friend willing to lie for him by saying the injury was old and due to her age to get out of taking care of it. Even I could see the fresh blood in the MRI, which his asshole "friend" tried to say wasn't there...the dude hadn't even seen the MRI.

When I told her he wasn't going to take care of her, she was afraid to push the issue. She was hoping he'd change his mind, and she was afraid to lose her job. He told me if she pushed the issue, he would fire her. My off the record advice to her was to get a lawyer ASAP, but she waited too long and no one would touch the case. Over a short period of time you could see her shoulder getting worse, and there was no way she could afford to get it fixed on her own. He could've taken are of it easily though...he lost more money than that every week with his idiot gambling habit. She ended up jobless and crippled up all because he's a sorry motherfucker.

What's crazy is just a couple years prior we had a girl with a phony injury claim that he willingly spent a lot more money on...even paying her lost wages, all the while saying he didn't believe she was hurt!

2. Tamstrong

Ah, the joys of home ownership!

I'm sorry you're dealing with that, FG. Problems like that are stressful enough, but when it's something that an inspector should have caught, it's a million times worse.

I've been dealing with some plumbing issues myself.

What a nightmare, Ches.

I had an issue with my lateral line being busted as well. I couln't afford to hire someone to fix it, and my insurance won't cover it either. We dug up & worked on the line ourselves, which sucked. There was also a crazy complication to go along with the busted line.

What brought the problem to my attention was draining problem with the washing machine. I went to unclog the line and found a tiny sinkhole next to the clean out pipe in the backyard. When I hooked up my water hose unclogger attachment, I could hear the water splashing underground! I had been told that the house used to have a septic tank before being connected to the city, so I was told there was a chance that that's where everthing was going.

One of my old customers at my old job owns a septic tank cleaning company and he offered to come check it out. It turned out not to be a spetic tank it was draining into...it was actually an old storm cellar that had been covered up years ago. The leaking line had caused the cellar roof to collaspe and it looked like it took that part of the line with it as well! I basically ended up with a cellar full of sewage, which he thankfully pumped out for me at no charge.

My backyard is a roughed up mess, but at least everything is working now. My house is old and at some point all of the plumbing will need to be replaced. Hopefully everything will hold up until I can afford to have someone do it for me.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  3. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

I'm at a loss for words...no one should have to go through any of that with their hard earned home.
    ...just terrible...

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Tam! That sounds horrific!!! We are all three sewe sisters lol! Thank you blusky!

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Youz nasty

8. orejon4

I bet that, as gross as it looks, it tastes great! Lol

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

No Patrick Stewart gif can express how disappointed I am with u, cast-iron

10. orejon4

If my gullet can handle it, then I'll give it the Seal of Approval. I'll make sure I don't eat it with greasy lips and bugged eyes, lol.

11. Tamstrong

Thanks, bluesky. Yep, it sucks. It's life though, so all we can do is soldier through and be thankful it wasn't worse.

Thanks, FG, it was hell. The Sewer Sisters, huh? LOL It sounds like either a good name for a woman-owned plumbing company or a rock group.

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

All this plumbing ish. I had another fun issue. The tenants I had prior to the dear lady I have now, cracked a radiator pipe. It was so tiny that it wasn't discovered until I was painting some baseboard and the paint kept "floating" away. Long story short (besides a $200 water bill), I had to bring a mold remediation team in, they removed half the kitchen floor and wall to remove the mold and then had to bring a contractor in to replace what was torn out. My son laid new floor tile. All told, those tenants ran up approx. $12,000 in damages, lost rent, filing fees (had to evict them) and they only lived there for 5 months. Thankfully, my insurance covered about $7500 of the damages, but the rest came out of my pocket.

13. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

Tenants from hell...sorry to hear of all your house troubles

14. Tamstrong

Cosign. It is good to hear that you have a good tenant in there now though, Ches.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. Sadly, we will probably be giving her notice because my son and his gf will be finished with school soon and obtaining f/t employment so they would like to get a place together. I suggested they rent the part of the house we're currently living in and I will move down to the apartment. They agreed - it's cheaper than looking elsewhere and we can keep all our pets. Also gives us more of an opportunity to try to make the improvements we want to make (instead of putting out fires), so the house will be ready to sell in a few years. I dread telling my tenant. She loves it here. :(

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

son and gf moving in ....that sounds cool

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

They've been living there since I bought the house... :p I bought it when his roommates graduated and moved out so he could move in with me until he was finished with school. Now, they'll stay in the part of the house we're living in and I will move downstairs.

18. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

i m really glad to hear that things with the house work out for you in the end, despite all the drama you had with your former renters, that you really didnt deserve. :freehug:

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Glad to see you are a landlord, make sure you are getting all of your tax benefits, very good way to build wealth and residual income. I know all the tenant horror stories all too well, glad this one worked out for you.

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, all I'm building at this point is debt. I bought the 2-unit house so I could actually afford to buy a house, the tenant income paying much of the mortgage. But the house has been such a money pit that it's not doing me any good. :(