Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Is any profession clear of favoritism/referrals :p

When we were hiring one time, one of the directors flat out told us to recruit people we knew

Then there was the time when they were giving out referral bonuses

Not to mention everyone is related to someone somehow

There's something neater about dealing with people you already know and vouch for, instead of taking chances with joe blow no one knows

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Great point, but I wonder if that's such a good thing in a sector like law enforcement, where most urban departments feel like a white Catholic labor union barbecue. Seriously, some of these guys even trace themselves back to the same parish.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

No, because there are quite a few people that can find jobs in the military that will never put them in harm's way and at the same time get the same benefits.

I don't know how you can manage to not be in harm's way as an officer. If you pull someone over, you could be hit by a car if this person does not shoot you. As a correction officer, you could be stabbed.

If you rat on a fellow officer, they could come back and kill you and claim self defense. Too many scenarios. I always try to sway people against being a cop.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

No one likes a rat

:p

If everyone's 'family,' indoctrination becomes easier and you're less likely to risk hurting someone when you went to their kid's baptism

5. orejon4

Remember this one?

[​IMG]

And how they handled him?

[​IMG]

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Seriously for a cop.....it's not even about doing the deed yourself

Sometimes it really is as simple as not providing backup or sabotaging equipment

7. orejon4

What did they call it in Platoon when they were talking about revenge on Tom Berenger? "Fragging"?

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yup...right before he walks in and criticizes them for smoking dope......all the while nursing a bottle of liquor and staggering around himself

:drinkers:

I AM REALITY

9. orejon4

And then they get deathly quiet because they're all shit-scared of him.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The only one that can kill Barnes IS Barnes

He's been shot FIVE times, maaaaaaan

Platoon was my shit

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

True dat! My encounters with police have been only traffic stops, and the black cops were often assholes. One seemed anxious for things to escalate.

12. orejon4

Yeah, I loved it too. My stepfather won't watch it because he feels that it depicted too much black GI "shucking and jiving" that he says he saw exhibited more often by white GIs. He's pretty serious about all things Vietnam, so I definitely don't test him on that.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's one way of avoiding being put in the cobra clutch

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You know brothas like to scrap, be real cuz :eek:

15. orejon4

Dude's in his 70s and has an iron grip.

16. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Islamic terrorists kills 17 people in France and it brings a massive protest with 40 major world leaders coming together. BoKo Islamic terrorists kills over 2,000 people in one day in Nigeria and you hardly hear a fucking echo. Black lives do not mean shit in this global world. Not even from the blacks themselves.

17. orejon4

Nigerians have been trying to bring attention to it for at least a couple of years, and no one seems willing to focus on it. It's just treated as another "Black people in chaos" newsfeed.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's fucking horrific and sadly reminds of the Sudan genocide. We cared for a few weeks and then moved on. Poor lives in general don't matter. My only hope in this life is to become wealthy and separate myself completely from all you crazy humans. Humanity is fucking insane and I don't see any way to treat the problem. We'd rather line up for sneakers and ipads than even give attention to the suffering of others let alone help. It's why Walmart destroys local economies while everyone brags about saving so much. Just disgusted.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

if boko haram were a bunch of white thugs making the news for slaughtering blacks this forum would be fucking bananas (and worth the fee of admittance)

20. orejon4

It's all fun and games until these lunatics expand their reach or start taking command of oil production facilities. And the US and Russia share in the blame for empowering so many repressive regimes to get the oil.