feminism vs. meninism

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Dec 27, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Here's the thing I think most men are empathetic towards women. We all have/had mothers grandmothers aunts cousins sisters etc that we love and want to be treated fairly. It's a little different with the race thing because unless you make the choice you don't have to be around other races in a social setting. Soon we aren't going to have to deal with people in person much at all so it takes a little bit more empathy in that case if that makes sense.

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i think i do but if you can elaborate more so i can get a full understanding...the last part of ypur statement

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Boy I could use another beer

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

6. The Dark King

Well the problem with race relations in this country is the narrative is directed by media and entertainment that coupled with the fact that a large chunk of white America (I'm saying white America because we live in a country focused through their perception mostly) isn't acquainted with other types of people in an intimate way ie friendships, dating, etc.
    For a lot of people they actually see a real live black person until they go to college so that's two decades of absolutely no contact outside of what they see on tv which isn't too flattering most times.
    As technology advances there is less reason to come face with most people. How often do you see a bank teller, when's the last time you saw a paper boy or had a tv repair person come over. The more we phase out face to face interactions the more empathy we are going to lose. And not just for black and white ALL people because you won't have to deal with anyone. It's scary in some senses but good in others.

7. The Dark King

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol...

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i often said that the feminist movement is another civil rights movement but repackaged .

10. goodlove

goodlove New Member

so do you think it can be a good "relationship" when u look at her statement as it relates to this topic

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I thought that was the gay movement since they're constantly saying they're the new blacks (wtf happened to the old blacks?) and comparing their struggle to ours

Gotdamn I'm getting my movements confused

Which one of them were denied voting rights again? Separate drinking fountains and bathrooms?

Oh wait women do have separate bathrooms...lol...gotdamn injustice to peeping toms everywhere

12. The Dark King

Lmao
    Everyone wanna be a Nigga but nobody wanna be a Nigga.
    I wish some of these new blacks could actually live a year as a black person of their socio economic background and then say that shit.

13. The Dark King

Of course because she takes the time to examine my experience.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Baw haaa ha haa!

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

someone has said a poor white person would not to be a rich black.

however...civil rights movement was headed by blacks it was a human rights movement. whites benefited from the civil rights movement ..eg the American disabilities act.

im saying the feminist movement is just another civil rights movement.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'd rather be a buck-toothed white guy with a limp dick, dead dog and a missing leg than a black guy any day

17. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain you don't mean this :(

[​IMG]

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's hard to troll with you around lol

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think the issue is not so much about gender equality as it is about gender rights. But I may be wrong. Men were raised to be leaders, builders, providers and protectors. Women, were believed to be, and treated, as second class citizens, who stood behind their men(if married) with no voice of their own. But the times have changed. Women are doing just as much as men.

My mother once told me to respect women no matter what she does or says because she is fighting for her survival. Men will always be stronger physically(although women have a higher pain threshold than men because women can endure the pain of childbirth).

As I had mentioned more than once, that equality is regarded as a myth because there must always be someone in charge. If all things were equal, then there is no one in charge.

I believe that the issue of rights for every human being is being distorted by the need to dominate. That need to block a person's path to ascension out of fear or jealousy.

Woe be to the person who does that. Because the person on that journey will find another way around. This is part of that person's survival instinct.

It is all about individual survival. If one makes it, it is an example for others to follow, if they are interested.