Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You guys still haven't explained how he gets away with it for forty years in country obsessed with race to the point they made laws for fear this specific thing would happen and everyone from cops to DAs to judges let it slide for four decades. In a culture that thrives on knocking celebrities down a notch we all just turn a blind eye to the point rags like Enquire say nothing. It just doesn't add up.
    And to the compelling phone call coment, the woman's job is to entertain and yell a compelling story. She's a trained liar.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Histories of Several Cosby Accusers Cast Doubt on Tales"

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/12/histories-of-several-cosby-accusers-cast-doubt-on-tales/

Just sayin'

3. The Dark King

Nope they said it so it must be true because there's no way they could be lying.
    I'm not saying everyone is lying but it does cause one to question how did this happen without being reported so infrequently and the most obvious question why now and why with the media

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

So glad I'm not famous

Then again, my poor ass would get sent to jail over the word of ONE woman, without any evidence or proof to back it up

It's happened before in amerikkka

5. The Dark King

Stop it you know if a woman said it you did it you thug

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

Most rapes are believed to be true...but still you have quite a few that are bullshit

If you can't go into a case involving rape with a neutral mindset (ie stow the fucking emotions and listen to both sides)...well fuck you because many men (usually black...who knew) have been fucked over by the system and phony allegations

7. The Dark King

True story which is why I can't just cosign because people said so. Not a single rape kit, not one?
    So weird if it's true

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is the same type of 'justice' many bm have fell victim to, where physical evidence was murky or completely absent altogether. Which is why you're having all of these cases of exoneration, because people lied and even the officials charged with upholding the law decided to break it, just to get another body in prison

9. The Dark King

Because you have some woman in tears and the boogeyman had to do something because that's what the boogeyman does fuck evidence tears and conjecture is all you need.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

There's been many cases were people lied and reflexed-racism by automatically saying a black man did it

Which......gave the cops another reason to stop and detain any black guy they could find, as if we weren't being stopped enough

http://rollingout.com/shame-on-you/...t-black-boys-murdered-her-own-son-in-georgia/

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Read the account of the woman from Temple who sued the powerful philly 'icon' over a decade ago.. She went to the Philly PD. They were not supportive of her. So she sued Bill civily. He settled with her when he learned 11 other women were subpoenaed to testify.

It happens man, in the late 80's and 90's, Cosby was a very, very powerful man in the entertainment world and at NBC. (So much so, they nick-named the network, Nothing But Cosby). He was quintessentially America's favorite dad
    Now imagine if you're an actress reading for him.
    He cowardly drugs and rapes you or molests you.
    You awake groggy not knowing wtf happened to you.... but you have semen and your clothes are off.
    So here you have THE Bill Cosby who is like this father-figure helping you out his house and your mind is conceptualizing all of these things at once.
    Do you go to the police and lay all that out when you dont even know how many times or how long he raped you...or do you go home shower and cry knowing no one will believe you over him.

When FSU QB Jameis Winston's victim went to the local cops, they told her her life will be destroyed if she goes ahead with this. Her file sat for over a year and it wasnt until a tmz reporter I believe started snooping was the case even investigated. They never ever followed up on her rape claim.

Same in the Stubenville case. She was drugged and raped and it was well hidden amongst the boys club... until that one fateful photo.

12. The Dark King

Hey get them off the streets you know they were going to do something eventually.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

That's just one case..there are others

I remember growing up kinda afraid that something like that would happen to me, because the area was racist and you heard stories of it happening

14. The Dark King

I agree that he was extremely powerful by the late 80s and so on but I can't get past the hurdle of him doing this shit in the late 60s to the early 80s before he was megastar famous and essentially the same level as a Carl Winslow at that point if even. And he's not just doing it to powerless actresses he's doing it to models, actresses and Lou Ferigno's wife, he was big actor too and he just that slide?
    I don't disbelieve the possibility that he was a creep but the problem is when you weight 20 to 40 years how do we as the public believe anything?

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Such a difficult and emotional issue makes it hard to have a calm, cool, rational discussion. I remember back in the Tyson case, the accuser had falsely accused another person years prior per below. Now that does not mean that Tyson did not rape her, but considering the civil suit that followed the conviction it could be perceived as motive/pattern of behavior. Yet Tyson still went to jail.

"The woman whose rape claim landed Mike Tyson in prison had falsely accused one of her high school classmates of rape, Tyson's attorney said in a motion filed Friday with the Indiana Court of Appeals. Tyson's attorney, Alan M. Dershowitz, said his client deserved a new trial because of newly discovered evidence that Desiree Washington had falsely accused Wayne Walker of raping her in October 1989."

Is it possible that in 50+ years of showbiz success that Cosby pissed off 25+ people that would seek revenge by any means in his declining years? It's possible, but is it likely? Is it possible there are financial motives for some of the women coming forward? (Gloria Allred is asking for $100 million), Who knows, but as long as there is even a fraction of a percentage of doubt, and all we have now are multiple parties providing their versions of what they said happened, with no tangible proof to back it up and an expired statute of limitations, all anyone can do is speculate.

Now hear me clearly, I am NOT saying that Cosby is innocent of these crimes, and I am not saying that he is guilty of these crimes, what I am saying is that, as tough as it is with such an important issue as sexual violence, we have to be very careful before jumping to definitive conclusions either way.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Basically....but people will be people

Can't really expect much from humans, so I'm never disappointed

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Interesting, I had not heard about that civil suit being settled. Usually when that happens it opens the floodgates for other civil suits being filed. Settling a civil suit is USUALLY a sign of wrongdoing, but that is not always the case. I would LOVE to see the details of that settlement but it seems the terms are confidential.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

19. z

z Well-Known Member

Now Kathy Lee says he tried to kiss her once and she declined.

there doesn't appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon even ever for BC, what a tragedy he is going to his grave like this......

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

The silver lining is that according to her, he knew how to show restraint. She's not portraying him as some forceful, aggressive maniac like everyone else is

If trying to get a kiss made you a sexual assaulter, there'd be a lot more of them