Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

http://www.thewrap.com/law-order-sv...accuses-bill-cosby-of-inappropriate-touching/

Black actress on cosby

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Like i always say ww have it bad like bp and should and most have recognized we are all in the same fucked up boat.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So based on your and other like minded individuals logic, none of us black men up in this peace should not even be bothering to be with any white woman at all, especially some ya'll in here who like to think you're entitled to a white woman simply because you have an education, good grammar & manners, an a little chump change in your pocket, because if racism is that powerful that it will always trump money & status, why bother? White folks just waiting around the corner for that black ass with a noose..........

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Class envy is a motherfucker

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Class envy? :smt043:smt043

Obviously you think you fall into that category I mentioned, huh? :smt043:smt043

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

On the contrary

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Oh, so how & why is it "class envy"? I don't think I'm entitled to anything nor do I owe blind loyalty to anyone, especially any black person who may be of a higher social standing. What successes or failures that come their way in life is theirs to enjoy or suffer through, just as any successes of failures that come my way or mine to enjoy or suffer through and no one elses. So where is the envy?????

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

No my point is that based on that premise its hard for me to believe dude did what he's accused. Too many examples suggest otherwise.

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Im leaning toward him doing it.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why is it hard to believe? Yes, America is racist as all hell, but it's not so racist that black people can't achieve some level of success and power where SOME white people actually have respect and even awe for them. If you actually believed that was the case then you yourself wouldn't be trying to be best person you could be and get the best out of life, now would you?

11. The Dark King

I'm not disputing the attainment of power but I don't buy him being a serial rapist over the span of 40 years and even in the Jim Crow era they let it slide because of his celebrity? Not to mention many of these things happened way before the Cosby show and at that point he wasn't a mega star he was Benson

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dude, do you realize that Cosby was already considered an entertainment icon before the Cosby Show right? You realize the Cosby Show only elevated his status and cement his legacy as not just a black entertainer, but an American entertainer. You honestly think that the Cosby Show alone is what made him?

14. The Dark King

No I get he did shit like Leonard 6 and other movies as well as Fat Albert. Trust me I get that but he wasn't John Wayne Benny Hill Clint Eastwood, he wasn't an institution above accusation not mention the racial climate of the country at that point. We were only a few years removed from Jim Crow and its hard to see a white woman reporting a rape by a bm and the cops ignoring it

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Son. Seriously? You're going to try to tell me about the racial climate in America? You're going to try to tell me you some how are more versed in just how racist America is? You really want to go there???:confused:

16. The Dark King

Ra relax lol
    I'm saying that's why I don't believe it you're free to think as you wish.
    I've seen too many dudes do the perp walk with less credible witnesses and Cosby runs through over a dozen and everyone just sits on their hands? Really hard to believe.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And if you choose to believe he didn't do it so be it. I'm not trying to change your mind. All I'm saying don't be too quick to dismiss that just because Cosby was a black man during the 60's & 70's during racially hard times does not mean he did not have any clout. The same way people are rallying around him now, guaranteed he could have had them doing it back then and for the same reasons.

18. z

z Well-Known Member

Agreed

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Sammy Davis Jr. came way before Bill Cosby. He was performing when he was a little kid and if it weren't for the belief and influence of Frank Sinatra(who was also very protective of Sammy), he would not be where he is now. Frank Sinatra pretty much held the entertainments spots in Las Vegas and other places to task by threatening not come to their establishments unless they let black performers and consumers into their establishments. Sammy Davis Jr.(and others) was dating white women in a time when it was frowned upon. He and the rest of The Rat Pack poked fun at each other on stage all the time. But on stage, it was a private joke. When they were together, it was altogether different. Bill Cosby pretty much came up on his own, in my opinion. There was no doubt that both men faced racism early in their careers. Would Sammy had been happier if he did continue his relationship with Kim Novak? Would he have married her instead of Altavice? It's hard to say because it didn't happen.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

To me the race argument on this case is mute....bill got too many women coming out on him. Like most of us i hope its not true but it doesnt look good