Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Well, I did agree with Cosby on the issue for young black men to straighten up and become polished. I remembered his objection to Ebonics. A long time ago, I recall the black community using the African language(s) as a means of communication to have a connection to Africa.

The black community, like everyone else, does not like to hear the ugly truth, even though it is true. And when Bill Cosby stated these observations, he did as a way of saying, "What I say to you is not for anyone individually, but I what I say will be for everyone." I agreed with that. What does one want to hear? They have to listen first to the message and then think it over.

2. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Sick of this. The major media is going ape over this story while ignoring ISIS beheadings, Jonathan Gruber calling the American people "stupid" into believing the scam Obama Care, millions of invaders from Mexico who will take benefits at our expense. Distraction as a technique does appear to work in controlling the thinking of the masses.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You make an interest point repp coming

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think he delivered his message poorly, though. There's a way to emphasize collective effort at improving social conditions, as well as individual responsibility for bettering your lot, w/o making it sound like the black underclass invented the word 'pathology'. I chalk it up to the crankiness of old age, lol.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol

Don't worry

Charles Barkley is picking up the slack now with calling black folk on their BS

and..just like clockwork..people are starting to pick him apart for saying the truth :smt104

Blacks do attack other blacks, physically and verbally, for 'acting' white and it's disgusting, but no one wants to have a real discussion about that and how it keeps people down / suppresses talent (imagine how easier it would be to demonstrate your talents and embrace excellence if people would get off your back)

And no...acting white doesn't mean being like panino or archman...

That's a whole other animal

:p

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

DNA is exonerating men...with a majority of them being black (didn't see that coming :roll:)

Pisses me off so much

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Damn, you're on a roll...:D

You're right about the "crabs in a barrel" thing. So much fear of the group disapproval of what you're doing has probably kept many a brother from doing something different that he enjoyed or excelled at.

8. The Dark King

True story, kept me from pursuing karate as a teen. In NY it's ALL ABOUT basketball. If you weren't playing AAU trying to go to the Rucker or get on an And 1 mixtape you were wack. And being all state in cross country and playing chess didn't help either. And if you were dating white girls in the mid 90s forget about it lol.

My biggest issue with people like Charles Barkley and Cosby is one their criticisms from their Ivory towers further promote the idea that "black problems" aren't human problems. This insistence on being model citizens before criticizing systematic problems is both hurtful and unsuccessful in getting anything done.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

But people ARE criticizing systemic problems (Michele Alexander, Tavis smiley, cornell west.....any article over on black voices by huffpost)

Barkley and Cosby are just making sure people don't forget about their own responsibility

Stop playin fam u know this :p

10. The Dark King

The problem with the look at yourself first method is when atrocities happen the quick go to is "if they didn't act like ____ then maybe cops wouldn't stop and frisk them, wouldn't shoot them in Walmart for trying to purchase a toy etc"
    And it promotes the flat out lie that its a behavior problem and not poverty/oppression problem. Yes other peoples are poor in this country but no other group is targeted with as much tenacity. Its hard enough making ends meet but to be systematically targeted does create a fuck it attitude.
    Not only do I start with nothing but from the minute I'm old enough to go to school the system is against me. Teachers are more likely to suspend for the same exact behavior other poor kids of different races commit. I then become a documented problem case more likely to go to group homes and end up in the system for bs like truancy or petty theft. Once I'm in the system I gotta play the survival game. My area is impoverished and the only way people can make money is drugs because the education system has failed me from day one.
    Of course there are people who through hard work and determination make it through but why does life have to be an uphill battle to begin with and criticizing me for having a steeper start doesn't help the problem.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I wasn't aware that Cosby and Barkley were saying 'look at urself first'

Maybe cosby but definitely not Barkley

Are u trying ur patented spin-game

12. The Dark King

Of course Barkley does in the same way Cosby does. Like the whole criticism of blacks being up in arms about white on black crime but not black on black crime as if its the same exact thing when its not. Don't play dumb Philly

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Who cares what's first as long as it's done eventually

Jeezus

Like I said u have blacks all across the board tackling personal responsibility and systemic oppression

They both go hand in hand

You can't get rid of systemic shit and expect people to fall in without cultivating a sense of personal responsibility

That's just illogical

14. The Dark King

Interestingly enough no one else is tasked with personal responsibility while being oppressed. Maybe the need wouldn't be has heavily needed if there wasn't a boot on everyone's neck and a gun pointed to their head.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

And all of this was started by some comic named Hannibal Burgess. He is not even a big stand up comic.

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Agree to disagree then

I'm tired of repeating myself when google can lead you to high level discussions around racism, oppression and individual responsibility

So many people have made it regardless of what happens that it's a cop-out to completely forgo the belief that at some point you need to take responsibility for your actions

If personal responsibility didn't matter, there would be NO successful blacks and everyone would be in jail

17. The Dark King

You're missing my point I am not saying personal responsibility doesn't play a part.
    Look at it this way, like is a race and yes its on me to pump my arms and kick my legs as fast as I can. Its up to me to train and eat right but we can't dismiss the fact that you and I have a hundred hurdles to jump and weighted vest to carry as we do it. Of course there are Tyson Gays and Usain Bolts out there crushing it but I think personal responsibility for your own development carries you so far.
    My training won't do as much to better my track time as much as removing the hurdles and dropping the weight will.
    And I also want to point out that yes there are a lot of black people who fuck up but the vast majority are law abiding and employed yet for some reason the assholes carry the image of us all.
    No white person his being made to carry the sins of other whites they are individuals based on their own merit. Why should you and I have to be held responsible for what Tyrone does?

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Damn.....im going back to my little popcorn threads...fuck this shit

19. z

z Well-Known Member

In a same week where you have one of the most respected African American Entertainer gets his name dragged in the mud with rape accusations…. you hear one of the craziest murderer (Charles Manson) who is 80 years old locked up in high security prison gets proposed for marriage by his 26 yo girl friend who is vowing to fight the justice system to clear his name.
    Hmmm.....

aint that about a bitch….

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

No...

Ain't that Amurica