Ferguson, Missouri Community Furious After Teen Shot Dead By Police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sirius Dogon, Aug 10, 2014.

1. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I later saw that. Quite frankly, I'm of the thought that people should riot the officer Wilsons neighborhood., and those of his supporters, tbh.

2. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

But he don't hear you though.

3. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

This is where we begin to differ. I agree with you that in each community, peole are more likely to die at the hands of their own race. But, then I look at victimization rates and see more of an epidemic. We've had this debate many times before though.

What is entirely shocking to me is that paniro and Richard Bare see the shooting death of Mike Brown as an acceptable outcome. To them and other anti-blacks like them, all signs point to Mike Brown being a thug so he didn't deserve due process.

4. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

5. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Have some respect for the dead

6. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But then we have to realize epidemic is the result of poverty/institutional racism not the cause.
    I think Paniro and RB are of thr mindset that "cracking down" will make blacks fly straight when in fact it will just cause more chaos.

8. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

9. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A silent protest in Love Park, downtown Philadelphia orchestrated by performance artists protesting the murder of Michael Brown in Ferguson. The onslaught of passerby’s wanting to take photos with the statue exemplifies the disconnect in American society. Simply frame out the dead body, and it doesn’t exist.

Here are some observations by one of the artists involved in the event:

I don’t know who any of these folks are.

They were tourists I presume.

But I heard most of what everything they said. A few lines in particular stood out. There’s one guy not featured in the photos. His friends were trying to get him to join the picture but he couldn’t take his eyes off the body.

"Something about this doesn’t feel right. I’m going to sit this one out, guys." "Com’on man… he’s already dead."

(Laughs.)

There were a billion little quips I heard today. Some broke my heart. Some restored my faith in humanity. There was an older white couple who wanted to take a picture under the statue.

The older gentleman: “Why do they have to always have to shove their politics down our throats.” Older woman: “They’re black kids, honey. They don’t have anything better to do.”

One woman even stepped over the body to get her picture. But as luck would have it the wind blew the caution tape and it got tangle around her foot. She had to stop and take the tape off. She still took her photo.

There was a guy who yelled at us… “We need more dead like them. Yay for the white man!”

"One young guy just cried and then gave me a hug and said ‘thank you. It’s nice to know SOMEBODY sees me."

10. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

Latest Time Magazine cover

[​IMG]

11. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

A line of roses lines the street where Michael Brown was shot

[​IMG]

12. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member

13. Sirius Dogon

Sirius Dogon New Member