The Best IR movie and TV episode of All Time

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Soulthinker, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

G,had you seen the flicks that are directed,produced,and stars Fred Williamson where he gets WW? It is under the name PoBoy Productions.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That is Williamson's production company. A company that makes film for actor that are not working. When I saw South Beach, the cast included Peter Fonda, Robert Forster, Stella Stevens, Gary Busey,and I think Henry Silva. His Black Cobra films, I think were not produced by PoBoy. But, I may be wrong. I'll have to look them up. Of course, you can find them in DVD collections that are sold in Best Buy, Wal-Mart or any dollar store that sells DVDs.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The best is Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. I place that movie at #1.

4. Soulthinker

I had to disagree on that one since it got just a little kiss nothing like a WM kissing a BW. I may had to go to IMDB and ask on those individual forums of his movies to ask if he made love and got the WW.

5. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

any films/TV shows in 2011 - 2013? just curious.

6. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

A PATCH OF BLUE was a GREAT film. Saw it a couple of times. Strongly suggest seeing it.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw Patch Of Blue. I thought it was a beautiful film about equal to Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. In almost every film I had seen with Sydney Poitier, we see more of his dignity and humanity as well as his skin color.

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

So far, I had seen The Man With The Iron Fists. RZA kisses and embraces a Chinese woman.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You can also look up the Clint Eastwood film Bird with Forrest Whitaker and Diane Venora as Charlie and Chan Parker.

The Rat Pack with Don Cheadle as Sammy Davis, Jr. and Megan Dodds as May Britt.

Who's Life is It Anyway with Richard Dreyfus. The is a scene with a Jamaican hospital worker trying to ask out a nurse. Around the end, he succeeds.

10. RestlessRita

I couldn't agree more. Such a fine man. Loved his autobiography. Special person.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I agree that Patch of Blue was a good movie. But it's also one of the most depressing flicks you'll ever see. That poor girl was crapped on from all sides.

12. Ray9968

Ray9968 Active Member

13. Soulthinker

Got to rent that flick. I did not know that movie existed.

14. RestlessRita

It was a depressing movie but the acting was superb.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Shelley Winters played her mother. I think the scene when Sydney's character sends the girl away, to me, was dumb because she loved him for who he was. All that time together in the park and becoming familiar figures there with no incident until her mother and uncle arrive to start a scene. Of course he was reminded that he is a black man by society. But the girl reminded him that though she was blind, she saw the beauty in him and that was all that mattered. This was not the first time that Sydney Poitier and Shelley Winters had been in. Check out The Greatest Story Ever Told. Sydney plays the man who carries Jesus's cross to Calvary. Shelley played a woman who touches Jesus's garments to become well.

17. Soulthinker

G,I had mentioned a list of Van Peebles' flicks on this thread.

18. Caerdydd

Caerdydd Active Member

Arrow - Episode "Keep Your Enemies Closer"

Basic premise of the episode is the character of John Diggle (BM) travels all the way to Russia to save Lyla (his white ex wife/current girlfriend).

John Diggle and Lyla Michaels
    [​IMG]

Also in season 1 of this show the main character's mother (Moria Queen) was married to a BM played by the one and only Colin Salmon.

Moria Queen and Walter Steele
    [​IMG]

19. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

How was Billy Dee Williams and Morgan Fairchild's kiss in Deadly Illusion?

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's a pretty comprehensive list.