Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

you went to work? seriously? get your ass in bed right now!

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I've actually been feeling not so well for a few weeks now. I started feeling super tired and a little depressed. At first I thought it was my crazy work/sleep schedule, but I couldn't shake it off even when I was able to take a break & get some decent sleep. It's gotten to the point all I want to do is sleep...even though I've been sleeping a lot, not much of it has been restful. Too many crazy dreams & not being able to turn my mind off have been keeping me from quality sleep.

I told the doctor what I've been going through, and he saw that I was taking thyroid replacement and asked if I was taking it like I was supposed to (I have been). I've been having the symptoms of my thyroid levels being off, but it never occurred to me for some stupid reason. Already feeling badly and being really stressed out yesterday (work & the loss of a family member) did a number on me...my BP was up, my head & heart were pounding, I was nauseated & dizzy, and weak...in his opinion my thyroid is out of whack again & I was having an anxiety attack due to stress. He told me to follow up with my doctor. I have an appointment with my doc Monday, so hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

3. Tamstrong

Thanks, Ches. Scared me too.

see here:
    http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showpost.php?p=826894&postcount=499

Yep, I had no choice. My boss was aware of the issue though, so she gave me an easy assignment today. I am in bed now though.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Before you added the full details here, going by your previous post, I was going to suggest that if it wasn't found to be anything medical, it sounds like you had an anxiety attack. Classic symptoms.

Hope you're feeling even better....

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

:freehug:

6. Tamstrong

Thanks, Blissy. :freehug: Still feeling a bit rough but much better than I did yesterday.

Feeling so crappy & stressing out definitely pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately I'm no stranger to anxiety; I've had both anxiety & panics attacks way back when (also related to stress & medical issues). Not a fun thing to revisit.

:smt058

7. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

i need help segueing into a new career. I have been extremely frustrated/disappointed in the past 10+ months... Peace--

8. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I sort of feel mixed about asking for prayer. I'm a big believer in prayer of course. And I pray all the time in one form or another. I'm one of those "I won't ask unless I *really* need it" kind if people.

Anyhow...
    I come humbly asking if you all could keep me in your prayers things have improved so much in the last 2 months and I'm very thankful for that. I say a prayer of thankfulness everyday.
    But I'm still struggling on a basic level.
    My income is messed up because its been hard to find a job here. I'm working on starting my own business..but that could be months before I'm ok from profits.
    If anyone could offer up a prayer from some relief of being so worried and stressed out over that...
    I would be ever so grateful.

The other issue I'm struggling with, and it's far more heart breaking and serious than my current struggle with money is that we got news that my brother died on the 31st of August.
    It was unexpected and he was only 52.
    I want to ask that you pray for him. But I also want to be selfish and ask if you could pray for myself and my family as well?
    We are all in shock and the emotional toll has been almost too much.

I always say my requests for prayers are tit for tat. I don't view it that way exactly. But I do pray a lot and one of the types of prayers I do is prayers for all sentient beings.

I'm doing ok given the circumstance but my fear is I might fade fast with the death and all the stress to pay bills. And just in general. Emotionally, I'm coming to the end of a rope. I ask for strength but it gets hard to believe it will come when you're so low but know you are going to need a heavy reserve of it.
    Prayers for strength and faith through crisis would be helpful.

Thank you all so much.

9. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Sending you prayers Alinoa, may you find peace in your prayer. My very deepest sympathy to you and your family.

10. Tamstrong

I got you, girl. I'm sorry to hear about your brother & all that's going on. It's never selfish to ask for prayers IMO, and there are plenty of us who are always willing to pray for someone in need. The way I see it, as human beings we're all in this together, and ideally we should be looking out for one another. Much love & lots of prayers on the way! :freehug:

11. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Thank you TC. It is greatly appreciated

12. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Thank you so much Tamstrong.

Much love for all your support and kindness.

I've cried so much in the last 2 days. I didn't know you could cry this much.

13. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The bolded sentence is so beautiful, Ali. God says he inhabits the praises of his people. One of the ways we praise him is to simply thank him.

My heart goes out to you - I hear the pain and sadness in your words. I'm sorry that you are suffering so. I am praying for you as I write this. One verse that came to my mind (and I may have shared it with you before) is Phillipians 4:6-7. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I'm often tempted to gloss right over this verse. But Ali, if you will take a minute to calm your mind and heart, and really read this verse, but more importantly, do what it says, I believe you will find the peace and strength you need to face the difficulties you are experiencing. When I truly follow this verse, I'm always amazed at the results. It's not a magic formula. It's simply placing your faith in a God who loves you. And he does, Ali. I know this from the bottom of my heart, even if you doubt... He sees every tear. I promise. :freehug:

14. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Thank you Ches

I don't think it there's a normal. But I wonder what is normal for the stages of grief of a loved one?
    I will just fall apart at seemingly random moments and and just sob.
    So much that I can't breathe and I think my head hurts so much I want to die.

Like I said..I do numerous prayers. Prayers for all kinds of things.

Theres a teaching by the Buddha wherein a young mother goes to him with her dead child. She says: "this is my precious child who has died. Can you please bring her back from the dead?"
    Buddha tells her that he will..
    But she must first go to a house in the village and collect a single mustard seed from a household there that has not had the suffering of death.

So goes and knocks on every door and seeks for the house that can give her this mustard seed.

She comes back to the Buddha after a time and he asks how she faired.
    She tells him that she could find no such house and therefore could gather no seed to bring her child back.

The Buddha tells her, "this is your lesson. That no one living or dead now, no one who will live or die after you will be untouched by the pain and suffering of death. When you can feel compassion for wll who have suffered that loss and accept that you cannot change it..you will be at peace and the suffering will be no more."

I feel as if I'm crying for every loss I've ever felt. Even if I thought I had processed them well enough.

I didn't know what bereavement meant until I looked up how to deal with it.

Reave: to be parted from something precious or valuable.
    Bereaved: to be in a state of reavement.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I didn't know you could bereavement losses. I thought it was just through death.

It's different when they go away as opposed to when they die. That's so common sense. But it's hard to accept.
    So I suffer the pain of loss.
    And people do. Animals do.

We hurt when we lose things that's have meaning to us. I just want to not cry so much.

That was a long tangent.
    I apologize.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Loss is loss, Ali. If it was valuable and precious to you, you will grieve, but not all losses are equal and so we grieve differently over each one. But loss is one thing we all have in common. As your story illustrates, there is not one alive who hasn't suffered loss in some form. And when we suffer loss, we develop empathy for the suffering of others. That's no comfort when you're going through it, but just know that your loss is not for nothing.

Don't apologize for your post. That, too, is part of the grieving process. You have people here willing to listen and walk the journey with you.

16. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Ches is so right Aliona, there are many here that are willing to listen and never judge, as who are we to judge. We all go thru loss and we all handle it differently, there is no right or wrong way. You have to handle it your way and what makes it comforting for yourself. Please don't apologize for your grief, if writing is a way for comfort for you, then write, and write what ever comes to your heart. No criteria here.

17. Tamstrong

Listen to these wise ladies, Ali. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to grieving, so please don't apologize for feeling how you feel or for expressing yourself or grieving the way you are. You have to do what works best for you, and we understand that and are here for you. We'll love, listen to, and pray for you, but no one is here to judge you. :freehug:

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I need prayer. Please. A number of financial setbacks, a car accident and a personal issue have left me financially drained and overwhelmed with fear. It's hard to stand against the enemy's onslaught right now. Thank you, faithful ones.

19. Tamstrong

I got you, sister. Holler at me if you need to talk; I'm here for you. *hugs* lots of love & prayers.

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I have been there and the important thing to know is that you will come out on the other side of this. Don't be afraid to tell people about your situation...help has a way of finding you right about the time you need it the most