Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Aiming for fitness doesn't require the drastic changes that some here have made. It all comes down to what you want, and the effort you can/will put into it. I'm not disciplined enough (nor do I see the need/desire in my life) to strictly structure and outline my diet and exercise regime. I have a busy life and little ones at home so I need to be realistic with my time and meal options! Simple things like a clean diet full of fruits, veggies and lean meats, mixed with daily exercise will, in time, get you the results you desire. I prefer running, but if you want to be kinder on your joints you can do things like water aerobics. For the longest time I was discouraged about managing a diet/exercise plan because all I saw around me were people who had the luxury to change up their entire lives to accommodate their weight loss/weight management goals. I didn't (and still don't) have that luxury. I finally had to get serious about my goals and create a plan that worked for me and my family. I've seen you post before about fitness and it seems like you have an honest interest in it. If you ever want to chat about exercise options or diet/meal plan ideas, you know where to find me. Whether its about weight loss or weight management, I might be able to help you with some realistic ideas you can incorporate into your daily life. Just throwing that out there :)

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thank you, Raider. I appreciate the offer very much. :)

For me, I'll be honest and say that my issue is just pIain down laziness. As a diabetic and someone who likes to cook, I know how and what I should be eating, and I eat much healthier than I used to. But I'm a slug when it comes to exercise. (And right now, I'm sidelined by a knee injury and just had surgery so I can't even go for a walk.) I just can't be bothered to make the time to exercise and I know I need to correct that. Not to mention that I've been basically donating money to Planet Fitness for the last year. Lol.

I would like to go grain (or at least wheat) free. I notice a difference in my body when I abstain from wheat products. But alternative solutions are expensive, both to buy outright or to make at home.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Trapper of the year

[​IMG]

4. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Making the necessary changes to eat better is a huge start! Trust me, I understand the laziness aspect...that was me for way too long! I know it's easy to say, but try to find something you like...it doesn't feel as rough that way :D Load up your ipod with ridiculously energizing tracks and walk, or jog (when you can)...maybe form a routine with a friend. Or get something like a glider which you can park right in front of the TV and go to town on (it's silent, and very low impact). Again...easier said than done, I recognize that. Like you said, you know what needs to be done...you'll have tremendous success when you're ready.

P.S.: Cancel that dang membership already! If you know you're not going to go...put that money towards groceries or an at-home piece of exercise equipment! Or send it my way each month...I could use a few extra bucks!

5. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

First of all, every individual has a different genetic and biochemical coding and make up. When I was training athletes, I never had two athletes perform the same training program.

Second, there is not a single program or best way to perform physical training and a healthy lifestyle. We were created and blessed different talent, gifts, and goals.

Third, if you have diabetes and you are challenged with laziness, nutrition, etcetera, your issues maybe spiritual, mental, hormonal, and metabolic. Have you made a in-depth inquiry, with respect to your spirit and faith? Have you addressed the mental barriers or challenges surrounding your health? When was the last time you had an extensive hormone and metabolic blood panel performed?

Fourth, make sure you find a good physical therapist for your knee rehabilitation! I cannot emphasize this enough.

6. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Your shirt is on

7. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I think it's inside out.
    What did you do that you had to rush so much to put it back on? ;)
    Dig the shoulder though, very nice :D

8. 4north1side2

My bad, I forgot to follow WWBM protocol.

[​IMG]

Gosh your observant, you weren't supposed to notice that. I dropped pizza sauce on my beater. Thanks dear. :D

9. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

Hot!:D

Does anyone do cross fit? I've been thinking about it but so many women I see get pretty buff. Big legs and a square shaped torso. Or isn't it that bad?

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

11. Cherj

Cherj Active Member

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Now that Junior's back with his mother, I've got no tennis buddy, so it's back to the daily 5K, the medicine ball and a few sets of 20 with the dumbbells.

13. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

Awwww...I know the feeling.
    I used to play badminton but it's a little hard to do that alone as well :smt056

14. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

I have a lot of experience with CrossFit. Personally, I do not do CrossFit, because I need to perform sports specific exercises and drills, and I do not want to have a high foundation of general of physical fitness. Also, my physical appearance has no importance, with respect to my goals.

CrossFit can be very good for people who want to have a high "fitness" foundation. A lot of CrossFit enthusiast adhere to the Paleo Diet, because ninety-nine percent of other CrossFit enthusiast do the same. I highly suggest you create a physical training and nutrition lifestyle that is specific for Cherj

What are your goals? Can CrossFit help you reach those goals?

15. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

I was a certified USAW Weightlifting Coach; however, I did not renew my certification. My concentration is in overall sports performance/strength and conditioning, which means I can instruct any athlete in any sport, with respect to general bio-mechanics, kinesiology, VO 2 max, cardio vascular conditioning, etcetera. Since I have extensive training and experience in martial arts, boxing, wrestling, and sambo, I can provide more sport-specific training.

16. 4north1side2

[​IMG]

Digging up tree stumps is very taxing on the body.

17. 4north1side2

Man this is the best I've felt in years! Cosistently been working out 6 days a week for weeks now. I ain't on no diet or watching calories but I've been burning fat like crazy. My shoulders are so broad now, it's hard not to notice. Looking youngish in the face. Got that V shape going on. *brushes shoulder off* WOO!!!

18. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

Looking GOOD!!

19. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I just hired a personal trainer. Meeting a couple of times a week and feeling great. I plan on getting into great shape soon. Been way too long.

20. 4north1side2

Thanks doll! :freehug:

That's wasup, I think you look great already. ;)