The Final Bosses in Gaming

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Morning Star, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Really Thump?? Tyson is easy to beat!! Actually most people would agree that Mr Sandman was actually the hardest one to beat. Overall it was a good game, but it was just too easy.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Well I probably should have mentioned that I haven't played Punch-Out since 1988.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

I know man. I can tell by your posts that you could figure a basic pattern in less than 20 years. :smt005

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Devil May Cry part 1 Final Ending and last Boss fight

When console games first went from 2D to 3D they lost some of the game play as far as the accuracy and control of the main character is concerned. The new 3D games simply looked better without adding any benefit to the game play. Devil May Cry was the first action adventure game to synchronize the new 3D format to the controller in a smooth dynamic fashion and served as that much need bridge between the new and old formats. To this day the DMC series reminds me how fortunate we are as a gaming community to have great action adventure games in 3D format. Enjoy

[YOUTUBE]UUCBTVuWAmE[/YOUTUBE]

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I agree. Fuck each and every one of them.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[YOUTUBE]u2J4CJncwYU[/YOUTUBE]

ha..i had the ghetto version
    [​IMG]

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

brings back memories..

i like how the ref looks like super mario

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I'd like some examples. But yeah the SNK brand of fighters have always been about "cheap" bosses.

9. Morning Star

That's because that is Mario.

10. Krogy

Krogy New Member

Ares from God of War in hard mode (could never beat God mode).

Half the bosses in the God of War series were ridiculous.

[YOUTUBE]5l14WBXlsr0[/YOUTUBE]
    ^Took a least a day to beat this guy.

11. Morning Star

I'm actually at that point too. And I'm doing it without any special costumes too.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Two games that I still have currently sitting up on the entertainment console shelf somewhere that I never got around to beating. Might have to break those suckers out again some time and have a go at them on a weekend when I have nothing lined up to take care of or committed to attend.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Both are awesome games. The DMC should take less time to beat. DMC is certainly difficult enough to be very enjoyable but it does not get as difficult as God of war until the third installment. Skip the second installment if you have not heard already.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I got pretty well along into both games. I think I may have been in the final stages of DMC and getting close to confronting Ares in God of War before other things, mainly the birth of my kids, took me out of extensive video game playing. I still play every now & again, mostly goofing off with the kids, but nowhere on the level I did before they were born.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I can imagine, still far behind in my gaming even without kids. I am stuck halfway through DMC 3, and the GOD of War bosses are redonk. :smt119 My best bet is probably to jump on DMC 4, then go back to those harder games later. Time constraints must always be considered.

16. Morning Star

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Final Boss: Pious Augustus

Description: Alexandra Roivas, with all the artifacts of the Ancients, descends down to the world of Enh'Gha to and confront the licht, Pious Augustus, who is using the power of the selected Ancient to take over the universe and become a god. Combined with Alex's strength are the the fallen Chosen who have sacrificed their lives to prevent the Ancients from coming form.

As you wittle down the power of the Ancient with its opposing power, you then deliver the final blow.

Why is it great? Rarely would you stumble upon a video game where a very well-told story is treated to a worthy final battle. Not only that, the boss fight is very much a puzzle in of itself because you're generally use to figuring out the pattern and it's readily exposed. In this case, there's a great deal of detail used to symbolize just how epic this boss battle is. And also, you're treated to FMV of the Ancients battling it out and with each progressive fight, your Ancient is the victor.

A truly satisfying and rewarding experience that can only be rivaled by the best of them. Sadly, this game has been overlooked tremendously and it's time for a revival of the game.

[YOUTUBE]BvOVuDPoc9I[/YOUTUBE]​