WW/BM in advertisements

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by xoxo, Feb 4, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

where's Paniro and his intellect on this matter

oh right....nowhere to be found

must not be a cheerios fan

:smt043

2. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

that cheerios commercial was cute as hell <3 fuck the haters for real.

3. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

It's interesting how a simple Cheerios commercial can get Americans worked up.

4. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Axe Body Wash

This was a popular commercial a couple of years ago.

It stars a white boy.....but you know what they are implying.

[youtube]y0MfbJE69Bo[/youtube]​

5. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

ww love chocolate?

6. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

7. Resurrected Fear

Resurrected Fear New Member

Exactly what you said, this commercial was about how women stereotypically love chocolate. It doesn't relate to black men at all.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

IDK, I can see a slight double entendre if one wanted to interpret it as such.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

While the opposite, just riding on the cusp of the Cheerios commercial (is why I post this - ok, and because the lil' kiddie is just so darn' cute!! :smt050) ..... but I didn't see any flack for this one (thankfully), I guess because the father is not in the Ad?

[HDYT]-YeGQzG6YK8[/HDYT] :heart:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....I don't know. Dad could be White, light skinned Black, Hispanic or even Asian because although mom is Black (or biracial possibly?) she has a light skin tone as well. Just my opinion however.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The child is def a mixed child, and I think the father was deliberately left ambiguous, however I do feel the makers were specifically highlighting a bi-racial child to rep their product. They probably feel the potential clientele gravitating toward their particular product would most likely be IR, or blended, as well as noting the ever-changing face of society in general... lots of lovely mixing. I loved it! :D

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Oh definitely a child of mixed parentage and definitely the father was left as ambiguous because as you say the ever changing face of society with the various IR blendings, it's no longer so easy to look at many biracial children and tell what their parents racial make up is, especially if the parents themselves are both products of an interracial relationship.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had seen a Sprite commercial. It showed the bare back of a white woman falling to her knees before a bare chested black man. It looks like she is giving the black man a blowjob. And the black man has his climax and and a huge spray of Sprite covers the woman's face. The commercial was in German. They couple spoke German. Has anyone seen that commercial?

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Cute. But, I have seen diaper and Ivory Snow commercials that showed a baby's backside. Why they pixellated everything is beyond me. But, it is a cute commercial.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been posted here. In the Locker Room and the Funny Joke thread.

Not sure if it is a 'positive' representation per-se, but TBF, the Europeans do tend to be much more edgier (cheekier) and (push-the-envelope) sexual in their commercials, while in the U.S, ours are more 'wholesome' or comedic.

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2638B6D4828E9266B0BD26&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That's it. I didn't know it was a fake. Those commercials definitely would not see the light of day if they were made here.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Cheerios Parody: Hilarious Spoof Of Biracial Ad Responds To Haters :lol:

[HDYT]gwReRl4Z7EQ#at=14[/HDYT]

19. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

:smt042 Loved it. Wonderful find B. But you know what they say.

[​IMG]

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That's too funny. I just love it!