Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from. I was the same way about "The Sopranos"
    and "24" until I got the full season DVD set at my local library; season 3 of "24" was the greatest tv experience of my life and I finished it in one wintery weekend January 2006.

Game of Thrones has been promoted by HBO executives as a combination of "The Lord of the Rings" & "The Sopranos". If you ever get bored this summer and theres's absolutely nothing on weekend programming, give Season 1 - episode 2 a roll of the dice and decide from there whether to go forward to further episodes or backwards to begin with the premiere.

It's the fastest hour of tv this side of "The Walking Dead" in my opinion - theres's absolutely nothing like G-of-T because the budget is $55 million and rising each season. They shoot on location all over the globe (Iceland, Scotland, Morocco, etc, etc) rather than in some green room with CGI in Hollywood. It's like watching a grand chess tournament with various national teams plotting several moves in advance before even executing just once + "The Sopranos" + "The Lord of the Rings" because as Queen Cersei said "When you play the game of thrones . . . you win or you die"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoemaxLkgRQ

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I'm not a die hard fan of any genre. I like shows that would appeal to me and so far I haven't seen any fantasy shows, save for True Blood, that really piqued my interest whatsoever. I'm more inclined to watch documentaries or stuff from MTV than watch an hour of any of the popular programs.

I never got into either one of them and I have a little more knowledge in The Sopranos. I've seen Big Love enough to get an understanding on the characters and the situations at hand. I watched most seasons of The L Word, but that's been fizzling out as well.

I'm sure I may catch onto the show someday, but not right now.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Knowing what was to come during the "Red Wedding" just made it more difficult to watch........

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I gotta quit coming into this thread. Since I have to wait to watch the new episodes, I know there's a strong spoiler possibility, but I can't seem to help myself.

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Somebody got killed and a Throny had shit-fits.

And then...they all had pie and weed.

The End.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You've read all of the books so far. There are no spoilers for you unlike someone who hasn't read any of the books. Plus I didn't really give anything away.....:p

7. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Good point. I guess as long as I don't watch any videos that get posted, nothing will spoil it for me. I do wish I could watch it now though.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

what are you waiting for?

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

She doesn't have HBO if I recall correctly. She's been watching when the seasons come out on DVD.

10. The Dark King

there are so many sites where you can see shit for free. Get some good anti virus software and have some fun

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

English stuff is almost always boring in their time. There are exceptions. Monty python.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

"English stuff"?? :confused:

Some of ya'll allegedly educated mofos up in this joint........

13. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

When a man hasn't gotten enough sleep. He starts using the word stuff. Time for me to head to bed.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  14. The Dark King

I mean holy crap GOT. Not since they killed Opie on SOA have I been so damn shocked. This is fricking crazy. I seriously don't even know how they can continue. AND HOW THE FUCK IS GOEFFRY STILL ALIVE.

15. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ Think of it like this Dark King, there are only so many minutes per episode and the books have gotten bigger with multiple storylines and characters. Now the HBO executives have freed up some room to introduce other storylines and characters. Sucks to have that happen to Arya though when she was so close but the Hound knew what was what and saved her from witnessing what would have been too much too bear

16. The Dark King

All I know is some Lanisters better fucking die. I have had it with this rich incestuous fucks getting away with barely a scratch. Especially Geoffry, that little shit is evil personified. Everything that's wrong with humanity is represented in that little shit.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Whoa! That was fucked up. But Entertaining.

18. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Not sure when Martin is going to have the next book out, but it's become impossible to talk about this book in public now, lest you ruin it for people watching the TV show.

19. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

still shocked but should have seen it coming. the starks were the players of the game

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lmao

damn im fucked up after this last episode

tbh tho..i was devastated when Ned Stark died

this show pulls no punches at all