Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Mindless drone and a neuter. "The unsullied" are all eunuchs.

2. Frederick

You crazy.

3. Frederick

The characters that people got pissed off about being cast with black actors in the movie were black in the books.

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

The first few episodes are very tedious and frustrating if you have no frame of reference or appreciation for the mythology & history of G-O-T. HBO GO or On Demand can catch you up if you have Verizon FIOS - By episodes 3-5 you'll be very happy with the action-packed scenes of medeval battle and magical events. The opening episodes are predominantly for plot and setting because character development takes time to really be effective and compelling.

Just cowboy up and gut it out until you get past episode 3 my friend and the show is extremely rewarding - each and every season I promise you - but without those 'boring' opening episodes you newbies and G-O-T virgins would not know what all the action-packed scenes (typically beginning about episode 4) are even about right?

5. jaym15

jaym15 New Member

this past weeks episode was one of the best episodes they have done

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

This week's episode was actually better because they put so much plot value into each scene. Two week wait for episode 9 is gonna be tuff but its guaranteed to be worth the wait!!!

Peter Dinklage/Tyrion Lannister - "I'm the God of tits and wine!!"

7. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

I've loved seeing Noah Taylor as Loche, he's such a brilliant actor

[​IMG]

8. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

I find Ms. Khaleesi frustrating. She looks way too much like Piper Perabo.

9. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I just don't see the hype. Looks cookie cutter to me.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

So... you haven't really watched it I take?:freehug:

11. Morning Star

Watched one episode, and concluded that it's no different from any other TV show of that kind.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What other TV shows of that kind?? What is your definition of "that kind"?

13. Morning Star

A [slightly] better looking TV show you can find on the sci-fi channel.

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Are you high? Dude watch a couple more episodes there is a reason why everyone loves this shit so much. I have a feel you'd really like the imp character in particular

15. Morning Star

I'll probably give it a pass since it doesn't do much for me.

16. The Dark King

You're a fantasy geek like the rest of us fam. trust me this is your kind of show. There's one line about there only about ring one God that made me think of you.

[YOUTUBE]W2XmxsBhGEQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

17. Morning Star

Hmmm, not really. I rarely watch a lot of TV and when I do, I'm usually into the likes of Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Californication, True Blood, and others. I thought the clip was okay, but nothing that spells "watch me".

I'll give this show a chance when I have the time, but now...I'll need to divert my attention to other things.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Naw dude. Put in the time. Shit is real with this show. It just takes a while to get going. They take the time to school you on the characters. It's all a about the story telling here. And the story telling is good. SyFy Channel don't have, and ain't never had, shows of this calibre.

19. Morning Star

It's just not my cup of tea. The same way how Trekkies go into utter spasms over the next Star Trek movie or series, I don't find a remote appeal to TV shows of that nature anyway.

20. The Dark King

Even the new star trek?

Its weird because you post in this thread a lot and seem to very knowledgable about a lot of the geeky stuff. I guess you're more sci fi and a lot less fantasy?