Police Sergeant Fired Over Trayvon Martin Shooting Targets

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frederick, Apr 14, 2013.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

come on now.....they found jesus as a criminal..wtf you think will happen to you

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I was going to answer that question with the opposite: because he's white, but either answer is true. Sad, but true.

I really just don't see how anyone in their right mind, white or black, conservative or liberal, can see Zimmerman as a victim.

3. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

When everything stated he was given specific instructions to not engage Martin in the first place, yet he took it upon himself to accost him, wonder if he would have pulled that stunt with a white teen walking. :confused:

For some reason he felt seemingly compelled to engage Trayvon Martin.

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Exactly.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

To be fair he was already following Treyvon when he was told not follow him and did turn to go back to his vehicle after he was told to do so. My gripe is he never once indentified himself. Had he done that this entire thing could have been avoided.
    "I'm withe neighborhood watch Ive already called the police. What are you doing herr"
    Funny how that hadnt been brought up either

6. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Was thinking about that as well, in this day and age a lot of sick folks out there, you don't know who is who that is walking up to you.

You have the sickos that use a ruse to kidnap women and kids, or a robbery attempt so you can't put anything past someone in that situation.

Funny how Zimmerman could stand his ground but Martin couldn't in the eyes of the critics. How do they know that Martin didn't feel threatened because this individual was following him, almost anyone would be if a strange, unidentifiable person is following you persistently.

The tough part about this situation is that the entire affair was preventable, but Zimmerman saw a young black male and thought he must be suspicious, nefarious in some way. Stereotypes 101, its a dangerous thing.

7. The Dark King

To aire on the side of fairness I can understand Treyvon looking suspicious to him since physically he looked like people who had be robbing shit in the area but like I said ot was all preventable had he identified himself. What gives him the roght and authority to question any other citizen.

8. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Its just that in these situations I tend to insert myself as a black male and realize I could find myself in such a situation one day, simply for being black and nothing else.

Never robbed anyone, never slang rocks, not a gangbanger, etc, but all some will see is your skin color and make virulent presumptions about you as a person.

Then when you read the internet comments about the "ASSumptions" about Trayvon Martin as a person, it is eye opening about what some folks may think of you as a young black male and what you represent and how little meaning your life has that you can't even be given the benefit of the doubt when you are killed.

You must have been up to some nefarious deeds that led to your death.

9. The Dark King

Oh yeah like the supposed gun in the bathroom pic i mean talk about reaching, fuck reaching just plain lying to make a point. Desperately trying to make the connection that this kid was a thug in training when in fact he was just another goofy self absorbed kid who loved posting nonsensical pics of himself online.
    Sometimes I wonder if there is hope for race relations in this country I know I should be all ra ra we elected a biracial president but it seems like that set us back a few years rather than pushed us forward. All it did was make everyone's hate boil over. And you have to wonder why, I can't understand this obsession with skin tone and phenotype to the point where it convinces people of the worst about a person.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  10. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Spot on bro. Some folks can't help but to start foaming at the mouth when they hear the name Obama. :shock:

The obsession with skin color is rooted in the history of the nation. Still many folks alive from a time in America when blacks were legally 2nd class citizens.

Folks who were exposed to "Back a tha bus boy, We don't serve your kind, etc."

11. The Dark King

Makes you wonder if there is a place or time where black people won't be judged based on skin color

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

we can only wish.....as long as man live there will be hate.

look at what they did to jesus...hell if they can jam him surely they will jam us

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i thought it was just me.......

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Not if you're a Christian. That's how believers get through hard times. Their faith tells them whatever shit you think you're going through, being forsaken by your Holy Father and hung on a cross to forgive ALL the sins of mankind is a tiny bit worse than the frustrations in your little daily life.

It's not a coincidence that most of the Black Civil rights from the '50s and '60s were Christians.

People knock faith, but true believers have a reservoir of emotional fortitude most folks can't understand.

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

there u go