Police Sergeant Fired Over Trayvon Martin Shooting Targets

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frederick, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...t-fired-over-trayvon-martin-shooting-targets/

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The fact that some idiot manufactured targets of Trayvon Martin is even more shocking. What in the fuck is wrong with America? Don't we have better sense than this?

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They did the right thing to fire the cop for his stupidity alone. It's perfectly fine to use male and female targets (which are normally race undefined). This police officer needs to find a different occupation if he can't figure out the infamous TM targets would ignite emotions.

5. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

.......Bad decision, Bad timing, Bad destruction of ones career, Bad apple in the lot of policemen........

6. The Dark King

I personally think he was arrogant enough to believe no one would care especially in Florida where so many stand behind Zimmerman on this issue. And honestly I don't blame him on that front because this was a case ready to be swept under the rug until that boy's mother launched an FB campaign bringing national attention to this shit. As much as I am beginning to hate social media if it weren't for FB this would have never been brought to light.

7. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. But there's always gonna be crazy & stupid.

8. shellshock30

shellshock30 Member

He probably found the website to buy the targets through racist site or some ultra right wing consevative blog site. His problem is that he's lived in his on little right wing world for so long that it distorted his view of reality and sensitivity to anything that doesn't look like him or share his beliefs. This is why he felt so comfortable bringing those targets in to work. He deserved to be fired and all of those around him needs to be investigated to see if they share the same views.

What's a trip ie that if this jackass was in Sandy Hook and he saw a black guy in a hoodie and Adam Lanza walking towards the elemetary school, he would stop the black guy first....scary.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If it ain't white it ain't right

10. The Dark King

holla

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

SM is a help and a hindrance

I though it was Change.org his parents utilized that launched the investigation, and FB later aided in organized protests.
    Regardless...on your SM point, while FB helped the surge of TM marches and support, it also hurt Trayvon in that his 'questionable/gangsa' SM behavior painted another side to him that many Zimerman supporters or anti-TM's seized upon. On the flip, we also saw a side to GZ too, his MYSPACE comments on flouting the law in his domestic abuse case, for example.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

people are actually defending this clown, saying it had nothing to do with race

:rolleyes:

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i cant read, maw

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

they crack me up when they get into trouble

all of a sudden they try to squirm or spin shit to keep their paycheck

:smt043

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Clearly hun, since I noted it was in the VIDEO. Now remove your thumbsies from the gaming console, place your hand on the mouse, and click play on the video in the link. :)

YW :smt061

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

this statement is clearly racist

20. The Dark King

The fact that his fb hurt him further speaks to how racist some people in this country can be. How often do you see pictures of rape victims partying that can be easily downloaded from their fb pages? Really think about it. In this era of sm I can't recall a single time that's happened but their are people racist enough to use pics of a kid making stupid poses to paint him a gangster. Absent criminal record or history of wrong doing outside having weed shakes. The kid made stupid gang signs like I see plenty of white girls his age doing but no one would ever assume they were up to no good.
    People constantly leave out the part where he was being followed home on a rainy night out of their logic. I could give a fuckless if he was on the cover of a rap album with two mac10s dude was minding his business and a grown up was following him in the darkness. And keep in mind Zimmerman's entire platform was there were recent break ins in the area so how on earth could any rational person not use that as a basis for Trevon's possible acts of aggression. Some unknown person lurking in the shadows on a rainy night on his way home suddenly asks you what you're doing there. That boy had no indications of what his intentions were but the fact that people can't even allow for that to enter their minds shows how racist this country still is.
    Those stupid fb pics should have nothing to do with this.