Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Someone had to remove a image where in one of the heads in a pole there was one that looked like W.

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You stole my thunder Thump. Anyway they had to apologize because HBO had shown the documentary of Bush 41 aka The Life and Times of Poppy.

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Typical overreaction IMO. Looking at it you can't even tell it's him; that's probably why they had it angled away from the camera they way they did. No one would know if they hadn't said anything.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]4l5grGMUAZM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]F9LMw9T4TK8[/YOUTUBE]

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Best show ever done by HBO next to The Wire. Can't wait till next season

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

no doubt

I should give the Wire a 3rd watch in full.

7. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

[​IMG]

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]Qkg4svkg9qU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-5BbmswhqRc[/YOUTUBE]

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]AaedhISdshA[/YOUTUBE]

10. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]C1pbtBX9Kok[/YOUTUBE]

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

game of thrones; new season

So... After a 100 years of waiting. On the same night as the season finale of walking dead, we finally start.

As I have read all 5 books, I find it hard to follow the real story as there are some discrepancies.. But all in all, very exciting. I'm elated!

Your thought?

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Even with the changes as compared to the book it still overall stays true to the whole of the saga so far. My only big gripe so far with the series is how they have downplayed the presence & importance of Jon Snow's direwolf, Ghost. The relationship between him & his direwolf is similar to one between Dani & her dragons. In fact all of the Stark kids have or had a bond with their wolves. I didn't like that they just had Ghost randomly appear out of nowhere in the last season when the dead watch soldiers were "resurrected" and tried to kill the commander and don't like how they had him stayed behind with the other Nightswatch soldiers rather than being with Jon when he's with the Wildlings as he was in the book.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

--spoilers--

Zombies, Dragons, Warlocks, Witches and now Giants.

I like the way they slow played the fantasy elements at first, but its fun to see more classic fantasy elements.

15. Mighty Quinn

Mighty Quinn New Member

^ agreed

I didn't get the hype at first, but I caught myself up with the first two seasons and was eagerly anticipating the third. This is gonna be good.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

More good news for fans of the series though. HBO has renewed the series for a 4th season. Really a no brainer though but you never know with tv execs. Plus it is a pricey show roughly 55 million per season. But still good news to know.

17. Tamstrong

I'll be glad when the next book comes out. Unfortunately they say it could be 2016 before it's released. :(

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Shit. I was waiting for A Dance With Dragons to come out in paperback before I read it. That means it probably won't be out in paperback until the new book is released because that's usually when they release the paperback editions of the previous book in any series.....:smt099

19. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Its gonna be worse torture than waiting like 8 months for the new season. I completed the 5th book like 6 months ago and can't wait!

20. Tamstrong

Yep. The waiting always drives me crazy. He's also got one more after The Winds of Winter planned (A Dream of Spring), which he says will be the final book in the series.