Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

I will continue to keep you and your son in my prayers Tammy.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, BD, you're a sweetheart. :smt058

He had the MRI, and there's a lot of swelling/bruising but no bleeding or sign of a stroke (thank God). Evidently the concussion wasn't as "minor" as they originally said it was. I feel guilty because I've been so busy and didn't notice just how shitty he was feeling/doing. Most of the time he's still asleep when I'm leaving for or coming home from work, so other than looking in on him I was letting him rest. He scared the hell out of me Tuesday night...he was staggering around and having a hard time talking, complaining about his head hurting. He even told me he'd been afraid to go to sleep because he was worried he wouldn't wake up. Needless to say, the results are a huge relief.

3. Black DeNiro

Don't feel guilty Tammy. The only thing you should feel is blessed that you were able to get him to a Doctor in time enough before it got worse. Some parents(not even busy) wouldnt have ever noticed their child not being themselves. Im glad the concussion wasnt very severe and that he should be ok with some rest now(im hoping). Ur son's a trooper and I wish him all the good health in the world. Best of luck to you and him.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

Tam,

Many good wishes to your boy

5. Tamstrong

Thanks, babe. I know I shouldn't feel that way...it's not like he's little anymore. I guess that just goes with the parenting territory. He is resting better and worrying less since he got the results back. I'll also be glad when he feels better and the mood swings stop (I'm about ready to slip some Midol into his food or drink LOL).

Thanks, Ms. Toes. Much appreciated. :smt058

Update: For those who were asking about my friend who passed away in her sleep...according to the autopsy it was a heart attack. :(

6. Black DeNiro

LOL. Im happy to read that he's resting better and worrying less. I always say(no matter how big or small it is) one less thing to worry about in life is a great thing.

7. Tamstrong

Thank you. Yes, it's definitely a great thing when the weight of a worry is lifted. Worry doesn't accomplish anything anyway. Most of the things we worry about are things we don't even have control over. Besides, God is always there for us to turn our cares over to Him, so we're always better off letting Him handle it. Life would be a lot less stressful if we'd let Him take care of us rather than trying to handle it all without Him. I'm still trying to bounce back from being laid off back in September, but I actually feel less stressed now than I did before it happened. God is taking good care of us, so I know everything will be okay.

8. Black DeNiro

Thats right Tammy. No matter how bad things get, leave it to God and he'll help you sort it all out sooner or later. You just gotta believe. Patience is a virtue. And TY for the kind words, they're very much appreciated.:)

9. Tamstrong

Amen! :smt023 You're very welcome. :freehug:

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Rarely (if ever), do I come to this thread to ask for help. But I am today. I'm just going through it right now. Facing criticism, rejection and negativity on several fronts. Lots of struggle and tears. No need to respond to this post, but I covet and appreciate the prayers of my praying brothers and sisters. Thanks. :)

11. Tamstrong

Hang in there, my sweet sister. You know we got you. :freehug:

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Aww. *tears* Thank you, Tammy. :heart:

13. Tamstrong

Any time, sis...love you bunches!!! :smt058

14. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

What Tam says Ches....many hugs and prayers going out to you....! Hang in there, God loves you!!!

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thank you much, TC. :freehug:

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Pray for Oklahoma

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Hey Ches,

I've been steeped in what I'm calling "toxic shit soup" for almost 3 months now.
    Nothing but criticism, rejection and negativity all day, every day.
    Honestly, I'm very barely keeping my head above water and after drowning everyone else in a stream of my own negativity I've decided to suffer in silence.

Wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you my dear.

Also, I'm sure you know this but Proverbs 16-21 are helping me immensely with the keeping my mouth shut to the source of the abuse as well as keeping the dysfunctional negativity to myself.

Prayers to you chicka.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ali. Very much.

I'm sorry you are going through it as well. It's terrible when you feel like every where you turn, there is darkness. But, when we reach out, we find that ray of light - in the prayers of others who step into our shoes long enough to feel our pain and take it to the One who can do something about it.

I'm glad you are finding comfort in the Scriptures! There is great comfort in the Psalms & wisdom in Proverbs. Keep seeking.

I will pray for you, Ali. Thank you for giving me the privilege to do so in a specific way. Please let me know how you are doing. It gives me hope when I know that God is healing someone else and I pray that he does bring healing & hope to you. Walk in faith that he hears our prayers.

PS: You know God will use whatever it takes to get our attention - especially "toxic sh*t soup." Lol

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  19. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Thanks, yah?

I was introduced to a book called bible promises to live by.
    I couldn't find it in iBooks but I downloaded something like it called the NLT bible promise book by beers and mason.
    It's not in paper form but I use it pretty much the same way. I say a prayer of thanksgiving (I'm focusing on this as a way to deflect the crappy inner feelings of crartasticness I feel as a result of dealing with the present situation) and with an open mind/heart, I ask for a message of clarity and understanding. Then I slide my finger across the slider bar and read wherever it opens at.
    I close with the serenity prayer or the prayer of saint Francis.
    It's kinda neat.

I don't know. I'm not a Christian in the traditional sense of the word and I don't ascribe to most religions.
    But whatever I can do to cope with the present down turn in events... And I do think that there is a fundamental truth about reality and humans and being human.
    It's just expressed differently, I suppose.
    I know that being human is hard and painful along with joyous and blessed.

This song has also helped tremendously in the dark times lately:
    [YOUTUBE]RdapAqrcuvw[/YOUTUBE]

<3

20. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Imo, you can NEVER go wrong with thanking and/or praising God! There is a song that speaks of putting on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (based on Isaiah 61:3). God inhabits the praises of his people - I frustrate myself when I whine and complain first, THEN I think to praise & thank God. :smt073

Another scripture to leave with you: 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~ Phillipians 4:6-7. When I quiet my soul and really grasp this scripture and DO it, I'm amazed at how God works things out. Every time. Sadly, I think of this last instead of first. :smt012

Being a Christian is simply entering into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. John 3:16. It's a love relationship, not a religion. :)