Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I just got word that my neighbor who works at a funeral home was sewing up the body he was working on when the needle punctured his glove...the dead guy was HIV positive. Please pray that he wasn't infected and for God to ease the stress he and his family are under while waiting for the test results.

Update on my daddy: he finally quit being uncooperative and agreed to further testing. They did a blood profile, which came out fine, and they also did a CT scan. Although his recent incident was a seizure, his CT scan showed that he'd had a stroke at some point in the last few years. They do think the beginning of his problems several years ago had to do with TIA (mini strokes), but the tests and scans back then were inconclusive. They also tested him for everything else they could think of, but nothing came back as an issue. Other than the dementia and the physical issues he was already having when he started going downhill in the first place, he showed no signs of a stroke or anything else in the time they said it had to have happened. The whole thing blows my mind.

2. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Hope all turns out okay for your neighbor.

With your father at least you can be comforted that they did a battery of tests on him and everything showed up clear.

3. Tamstrong

Thanks, GQ.

Yeah, it's good to know he doesn't have anything else going on. It was extremely frustrating when he first got sick with no indication what the problem could be. At least now with the past stroke showing up on the scan, it shows they were thinking along the right lines with what they thought was wrong. I'm thankful they figured out what we're dealing with now.

4. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Tam,
    You have to that know the stronger you grow in the faith,.. the more the adversary will come at you to test your patience and to test emotional resolve.....Just keep your composure, continue to pray for those you love and remember the prize awaiting you for that caring Christian heart.......

5. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

God-bless his health

6. Tamstrong

There's no doubt about that. The adversary never rests, so I'm doing my best not to let him get the best of me. ;)

Thanks, Arch. :D

7. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

I'll pray that your neighbor test results comes back negative and that him and everyone close to him can breathe a sigh of relief. As for your dad Tammy, im happy to read hes allowing testing to be done and I wish him better health now and in the future. Good luck to you and yours.

8. Tamstrong

Thanks, BD. Much appreciated.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Tam,

Good to hear your dad has finally entrusted the doctors whom God worked through to tend to him....
    at least now you, he and they know what happened and are going from there..continued prayers.

Your neighbor...prayerfully the blood's air exposure made the tainted needle moot. Praying God keeps him safe and lessens his anxiety.

These words ring true in general. Must remind myself of this, especially lately. Good reminder, Arch. :smt023

10. Tamstrong

Thanks, y'all. Now that they know what's up, they now what to treat & what to watch for. :smt023

My son talked to the neighbor this afternoon, and thankfully he's okay. His test came back negative, but it turned out the body he was working on wasn't the one infected with HIV after all. He was a bit upset about the mix up, but he said he was glad he got test since he'd never gotten tested for it before.

11. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Im happy to hear the good news about your dad and neighbor Tammy. Now lets pray your father gets and stays in better health so that the only time he has to see a doctor is when he's watching ER(assuming he watches ER lol).:smt023

12. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

:D Yes..

13. Tamstrong

Thanks, fellas. I appreciate it. :)

14. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

I've been working on moving back to California. My mother is worried about me moving back since I haven't been on my own before, so I hope you pray that I can move back to California on my own, & do well.

15. Tamstrong

Prayers on the way, BlackBelt. You'll do just fine, and you'll be glad you got out there on your own. As a mom I understand her worry, but maybe reminding her of the good job she did raising you will help ease her mind.

16. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Thanks Tam

17. Tamstrong

You're welcome. :)

18. ChocolateLoverTrish

ChocolateLoverTrish New Member

I will say a prayer for you. The important thing is to just keep the faith and remain positive.

19. Mazing Xavi

Mazing Xavi New Member

I prayed for you. You will excel amidst all the anxieties.

20. Tamstrong

A friend of mine died last night. She complained of not feeling well and went to bed early, and she never woke up. Please say a prayer for her family, especially her three children and her invalid mother she was taking care of due to a recent stroke. They need all the prayers they can get right now.

RIP, Kristi. I love you, and I'm gonna miss you.