Atheism

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by goggleyes, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that makes you quite manly, right?

[​IMG]

You're that starved for attention?

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So you have NEVER gone into a faith based tgread and told people who believe in God that they are delusional and that people of faith have neurological disorders?
    Ok

3. The Dark King

You insulted me directly how am I starved for attention. You feeling ok?

4. TB1958

TB1958 Active Member

I'm not going to get into the gutter on this. TDK, I respect your right to believe or not believe what your conscience and your heart tell you is right. I assume you will pay me the same respect. I'm not going to explain or justify my lack of belief to anybody. You and the world will just have to take my word that I know what I'm doing.

5. The Dark King

TB this wasnt about you. Honestly what othets believe is of no consequence to me. Live and let live. None of us truly hold the answers. I only posted what I did to show certain posters how annoying it is to have a peaceful conversation turned into vitrol and insults just because they don't believe the same thing you do. My apologies to you sir. Carry on.

6. TB1958

TB1958 Active Member

Thanks...as I said in another thread, you are a man of quality.

7. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Hellooo.:D

8. Morning Star

Nope. Never did. But I have participated in threads that allowed people to express their personal views on the matter, in which I have mentioned where I stand.

But threads involving "Thank you god" or even "Prayers", I never venture in there to stir up problems.

You, being the frequent poster on here, it should be obvious you're starving for attention. Now, if you wish to continue, I'd be more than happy to open up Pandora's box.

9. The Dark King

Most frequent? Would you like to make a wager sir?

10. DJ_1985

DJ_1985 New Member

Atheism is the best thing that ever happened to me.

11. The Dark King

Im curious. Why?

12. Morning Star

My number of posts vs. yours. And then look at some of the threads you're involved in. Most frequent.

13. goggleyes

goggleyes Restricted

Really? wow, never judge a poster by their avatar... or name. ;)

14. Morning Star

Hahaha, the irony is that the avatar is of Lucifer and my user name coincides with that.

But a lot of Bible readers wouldn't get that reference.

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Hope I don't substitute 'Atheist' anytime someone references their zodiac sign, lol. And I REALLY don't want to confuse 'Princess' and 'Pussy', LMAO.

16. goggleyes

goggleyes Restricted

The Light-bringer, a defeated god from Judaisms early days.

17. Morning Star

Hahaha you mean Atheist Pussy walking?

Indeed. And an angel that really wanted people to do good, but his methods were more forceful, hence the methods being deemed unorthodox.

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Hey, in other mythologies, isn't Lucifer more disobedient than evil? The Silmarillion's tale of Iluvatar and Melkor is similar to the God/Lucifer dichotomy. His evil has its origins in an original simple defiance of Iluvatar's creation theme, such defiance leading to willfulness and ultimately absolute evil as he gets progressively more entrenched in his position.

19. goggleyes

goggleyes Restricted

Dangerous radical.

Stick within the established framework or be condemed to work in garbage processing forever.:smt003

20. Morning Star

I guess it all depends on which version you look at. I know in Mormonism, Lucifer was categorized as an angel who simply didn't believe in the idea of free will and wanted people to do good. In other versions, there's not much more except an act of betrayal.