Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Oh..you are confused.

I don't believe in god the way you believe in god. I have a more open fluid outlook on the divine.

I also know that I am never seperate from this energy unless I forget or choose to not see myself as such. I am in that energy and that energy is in me. Sorta like sacred can be mundane and mundane can be sacred depending on how you look at it.

And I'm a staunch believer in prayer.
    Doesn't matter who you pray to as long as your request is sincere and for a higher good.

2. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Ok. It was just a question. Now, tell me how I believe on God. Your statement in bold insinuate you know.

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Please keep things respectful in this thread. This is NOT the place for arguments, debates, etc. Thank you.

4. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Yes ma'am.

5. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

I didn't mean it that way at all and was just marking the differences between the two.
    I wouldn't tell you how to believe in god anymore than I would tell you how to eat. If your relationship with your divine works for you, then keep doing what works.
    I do what works for me and am in no way an expert on how to conduct a personal relationship with what you take to be your truth.
    (now, if you had proceeded to tell me I was wrong for not following such and such in such a way, I might have come out swinging.)

In other news:
    Thanks to the members who kept positive thoughts out today. Work wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I did a logic board!

So yay! And thanks!

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Again, I was just asking a question, no problem.

I have my beliefs but don't force them on anyone. People can do and believe as they please as long as it don't envolve me or my kids. That's why I general don't discuss religion or politics because people get way too personal. Then the insults/bashing come flying and I have no need for those. Lol. But anyway. Glad your day went positive. That's always a great thing.

7. justmel

justmel New Member

Prayers please, I have not been sleeping and thought I had a cold and was being a wimp. I am that woman that makes the rest of you look bad, I hate being sick and am such a baby. I went to the er when I was having shortness of breathe and it turns out I have bronchitis and pneumonia. It was hard to go to the er, I have bad memories there. Anyway, I feel awful and I am so pasty my skin isn't white I am clear. Pray that I feel better and that I can breathe better soon. I am on zithromax? and off tomorrow. Yuck!

8. Tamstrong

Sorry to hear that, Mel. I hope & pray you feel better soon. :smt056

9. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

youre in my prayers...

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

you'll get better no worries ma. We need more interracial babies you're part of the movement :D

11. justmel

justmel New Member

Thanks for the love, I am starting to feel better.

12. Tamstrong

We had a scare with my daddy today. We thought he may have had a stroke, but they think it was just some kind of seizure. He refused to be admitted to the hospital and wasn't very cooperative with the doctor who wanted to run more tests, but they think he'll be okay. I'd appreciate any prayers on his behalf.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You know we got you.

14. Tamstrong

Thank you, sweetness. :smt058

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I pray it was a one off incident. I also pray he allows them to run more tests...better to be sure and safe. God-bless his health.

16. Tamstrong

Thank you, Blissy. He's always been stubborn, but since the onset of dementia a few years ago, he's downright impossible sometimes.

17. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Prayers to you and your family Tam...it's very hard to see something happen with your family, but the power of prayer will comfort you and yours...God Bless You...

18. Tamstrong

Thanks, TC, I appreciate it. He's still a bit weak and not up to getting out of bed, but he is doing much better. God bless you, too.

19. z

z Well-Known Member

Tam

My prayers for your dad and whole family.

20. Tamstrong

Thanks, Ref. Much appreciated.