BM/WW Celebrity Families with children

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by xoxo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

that's a god awful story

just makes you respect how far she came even more

i just hope she has something to fall back on like college, because i don't know too many non-gold medalists that get endorsements and stuff

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

She got an economics degree on scholarship. She survived out of the kindness of strangers. I think it was thru a church group and like a boys and girls club.

Here. I think this gives a good synopsis of her life. Also she is 30........how long can she do track?? Isn't she on the older side?

Lolo Jones, the Best of America

by Joe Lindsley
    August 6, 2012
    Life’s hurdles are not obstacles but ‘opportunities to overcome’

I just became a huge fan of Lolo Jones. Actually I’m in love with her. I don’t know how I’ve missed out until this morning, when I watched her win her 100 meter hurdle heat to advance to tomorrow’s semifinals. I’m probably not going to be able to write about anything else today.

In the Beijing Olympics, this sunny girl from Des Moines was favored to win the 100 meter hurdles but, while she was surging to the finish, she tripped and came in seventh. She’s won some major titles since then but she’s probably spent most of the past four years focused on redemption in London.

Like many great athletes, Lolo struggled as a kid. Her dad was in prison, and she briefly lived in the basement of an Iowa church. In high school, her mom had to move to a town with no track, so Lolo lived with other families and attended appropriately named Theodore Roosevelt High School in Des Moines. Not an easy life. Full of hurdles, you could say.

But as Lolo tweeted the other day, hurdles are just “opportunities to overcome.”

She’s beautiful, she’s achingly cool, she takes her Christian faith seriously—giving prize money back to her high school and her community in Iowa.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,” she said quietly to herself as she got set in the starting blocks today.

And she’s funny: She sent a tweet to actress Rashida Jones today—who looks a lot like her—thanking her for running today’s heat for her so she could save energy for the semifinals.

A few of her other tweets from the Olympic Village:

“Italy’s in next building.Could hear shouts of joy from open windows when they won… Either that or their espresso machine finally got fixed”

“USA Men’s Archery lost the gold medal to Italy but that’s ok, we are Americans… When’s da Gun shooting competition?”

That last one got some criticism from oversensitive twitter police (I guess we can’t even mention guns anymore?), but Lolo, by being herself, is representing the best of America: hard-working and happy despite some bad shakes and a tough start. As a runner I was never a fan of the hurdles, but that race pretty much sums up life the best: One thing after another gets in our way, often just when we hit our stride, and like Lolo, you just got to keep going.

You can see the womens 100 meter hurdle semifinals tomorrow at 2:15pm eastern time

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

dunno but 30 is kinda eh

she seems well-rounded tho..she'll live

it's just that with that gold medal dream, some people probably forget about the other stuff they need in case they dont get that endorsement or fame.

4. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

I noticed that as well. :)

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

basically

what better place to see some swirls than the international olympic games?

isn't that what that shit is all about?
    :p

props to babygirl from the middle east too

[​IMG]

her performance wasn't stellar, but it's still a stride in the right direction for women that still live in male-dominated societies

6. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

One of the announcers was talking about one of the 24 year old gymnasts like life was over for her. :p But as you get older and new younger stronger ones come.....the gold win gets farther away from you.

7. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Yeah gotta agree there.

Its a very good start for women in that society to have that opportunity. Shame it took so long.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

gymnasts have the shortest shelf life i think

they say their sport is really tough on their bodies

gabby is 16 and i think she'll be done when she's 24

they really dont last long

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i didnt know prior

10. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Richard Wright

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Athlone McGinnis

Athlone McGinnis New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i love this family

their kid was so freakin cute when he was younger, and still is. He's going to be one spoiled-ass 8)

as a side note, i just found out the kid's name is Hank Jr

oh boy:smt029

14. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Expecting

15. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Harold Perrineau and wife Brittany are expecting their third child in late winter, their rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The new addition will join older sisters Wynter Aria, 4, and Aurora Robinson, 18, at home.

Perrineau received much acclaim for his role of Augustus Hill on the HBO series Oz, and as Michael Dawson on ABC’s Lost. He currently plays the antagonistic Damon Pope on FX’s Sons of Anarchy. Later this year, Perrineau, 49, will star opposite Brian Austin Green in the TBS series Wedding Band.

Brittany, 36, is the co-creator of Ice Cream Heads, a children’s bath and shampoo line due to launch in October. The products will be available online and through select retailers

16. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Harold Perrineau......from the movie "The Best Man". Yeah, that's him.

17. quantumblack

quantumblack Active Member

I thought these pictures were cute so I posted them here. It's Kim with nephew Mason and school friend - Scotty Pippen's daughter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. LA

LA Well-Known Member

So this is what our (me & kim) children will look like! :heart:

19. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

You look like Scottie Pippen? :)

20. LA

LA Well-Known Member

It was a theoretical statement.

I look nothing like Scottie, but I do favor Tiger Woods quite a bit... or so people have told me numerous times. :p