Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hey BD. You're very welcome. :smt058 Great to see you are no longer in misery. Could not imagine going through that!

Absolutely, continued prayers to those still without power.

2. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Black DeNiro,
    I don't think we can package this in a prayer, but we will try........

3. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Tamstrong I didn't notice the date on this post but I've been where your brother has been. It is a dark and deep hell that no parent should have to experience. It can literally make you question everything about who and what you are and the answers come up empty. There were months on end when the only solace I could take from the situation with my ex and his mother was that because I was a sexual abuse survivor, at the very least I didn't repeat that with them. Days would go by and I honestly could not tell if I loved my children because they were kept from me for a year. To this day, and it has been 6 years since this all came to be, I break down and sob over what my children had to endure because no one would listen to me or have faith that I loved my children. The abuse they suffered at the hands of his mother is something that I will carry guilt over for the rest of my life.

Please know Tam, that my thoughts and energies and prayers are very much with your brother.
    I know the situation isn't exactly the same, but the pain (on all levels) of having to let go and give up because you have no hope left is torture beyond explanation.

4. Black DeNiro

Black DeNiro Well-Known Member

Yeah Arch. It never hurts to try. I just hope and continue to pray everybody has their power back on by now.

5. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

I would like to request prayers that my ex does not get murdered over the money he owes other inmates, that the staff in Internal Affairs won't force him back into general population, like they are considering, before his release in less than a couple weeks. Thanks.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You got it, Britty. I hope and pray they leave him in pc until he gets out, so nothing happens to him.

You're in my thoughts and prayers too. I know it's gotta be tough on you worrying about him and his safety. *hugs*

7. Tamstrong

I got word this week that an old schoolmate of mine lost his 14 year old son. His son was walking on the railroad tracks not far from his home and was hit by a train. He had his headphones in and didn't hear the train coming. Please say a prayer for his family. Thank you.

8. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, Ali. I appreciate it very much. It's so hard to see him suffering, because I know he loves his girls more than anything. My thoughts and prayers are with you too...there's no doubt in my mind how much you love your babies. :smt058

9. Black DeNiro

My prayers are with you and your friends Tammy and Brittney.

10. Brittney

Thank you both.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you and your ex, Brittney....that he will be kept safe.

Tam, so sorry to hear the tragic news. Prayers of strength to them.

12. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Oh my Britty.....definately sending prayers your way.....

13. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

How awful Tam....what a sad sad loss of a young life, prayers to the family...

14. Tamstrong

Thanks, y'all.

15. Brittney

Thanks ya'll. He was put back in gen pop, but was able to work something out so he'll be all right.

16. Tamstrong

That's great news, Britty. :smt023

17. Black DeNiro

Co-Sign

18. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Tam,

I haven't scrolled back to see if there was an update on your brother. Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are still with him.

In other news:
    I'm having a mean allergic reaction to something and my body is broken out in hives..but especially my hands are itchy and swollen and numb.
    Could y'all whisper a few breaths of prayer?

Screw work is going to be highly painful in this condition and I'm sure I have to start training a newb. I'll get through it..but it's going to huuurrrtttttt...

19. Tamstrong

Ouch...painful stuff. Prayers on the way. I hope you feel better soon.

I haven't heard much from him since it all happened. My mother says he does still get to see the girls from time to time (my mom doesn't know about the custody thing though). I appreciate the thoughts.

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Hey babes, I hope the allergic reaction gets better. No disrespect but I'm confused, (just alittle). Why would you ask for prayer from people who pray to GOD when you don't believe in his existence?