Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. lottie

lottie New Member

I'm certainly with you on this one! Oh the memories...

GOT is being shown tonight in the UK, I have a heavy night of football and GOT.. nibbles and wine ready and excited now.

BTW if you ever come to the UK, you might enjoy the Royal Armouries in Leeds. Watch the live jousting, war tournaments falconry etc. Not that I'm biased you understand ;)

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Great post. All I kept thinkibg is if you want to damn yourself abd rally the people against you then kill defenseless kids. This is going to be a great season.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:eek:

anything used as a tool of warfare interests me

if i ever went to the UK, id definitely have to take some castle tours. I'd love to pick up some of the blades and shields too...maybe even dress up in the armor.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

-Spoiler-

Is it just me, or is there a lot of implied and/or actual incest on this show?

-The queen and her brother
    -The creepy way That blond exile guy acted with his sister (season 1)
    -The perv who lives in the forest and marries his own daughters.
    -Tonight's episode were that girl on horseback was a little to comfortable with letting her long lost brother feel her up.

Anyway, tonight's episode also featured the show's first Black character with dialog.

5. The Dark King

incest was common in the old days fam, Especially the marrying of cousins. It was a way to keep the wealth close.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Both the wealth and what they saw as keeping royal/noble bloodlines pure.

I don't think the pirate character that the brother is portraying was black in the novel and I'm not complaining either. That shit cracked me up when he said "I will not rape the queen. I will fuck the queen."

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

You're right in the books the character is described as tan, in fact he is suppose to be from the same country as Daenerys handmaiden Doreah. He also delivered the great line “The only true god is what’s between a woman’s legs.”

8. The Dark King

So true lol

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No surprise with this news. HBO has officially confirmed go for season three.

10. lottie

lottie New Member

Tis got posted on my facebook.. I don't think I could manage this lol..

[​IMG]

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA!!! I would die of alcohol poisoning:)

12. The Dark King

Im so gonna do this

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You'll be fucked if you do it during an episode with Hodor and he has lines....

14. The Dark King

I wont be alone my friend

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They should add "drink every time they introduce a new character".

That would guarantee that you would get really fucked up. :D

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Other Hollywood projects should take note. When your going to have a women be tougher then a man, it seems more believable when you get a 'mac truck' of a woman like they did in tonight's episode.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

All Hail King Joffrey, the Undisputed King of Evil Little Shits.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Mild spoilers ahead

I'm really liking the glimpses into the rest of the world they are given us this season. That brief view of the inside of that walled city was great.

And you'd think Tommy Carcetti would know better than to give cryptic hints that he knows a royal secret, especially after how Cersi put him in his place when he did the same thing to her.

19. The Dark King

Hope that dude from the Summerlands gets some serious action. He showed great presence and honor in his first appearance.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Mini-Spoiler Alert:

I think he'll get a good deal of screen time when they focus on Qarth. If memory serves me in the book the character was actually the leader of the Thriteen, and he wasn't from the Summer Isle. I wonder if they are still going to play him as the leader since his objective was/is to befriend the princess and gain her trust in order to try to get her to give the Thirteen her dragons?