Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, tam. I'll pray things get better for him.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Thank you, Jordan. It's much appreciated.

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You doing ok, Tam? Praying for you whenever you come to mind. Just praying that Jesus will wrap each of you in His arms, especially you.

4. Tamstrong

It's been a rough day, Ches. A friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while passed away last night. I had gotten word that he was in the hospital, but he died before I could get there. I also found out today that someone I've worked with for years died three months ago (he owned a company that the stores do business with). It was one thing after another today, but when it rains, it pours. I was so glad to get home this evening, so I could hide out.

My dad is still out of it, but he's communicating a bit better than he was. It's scary to watch him slipping away. My mom is worn out, & I know the stress is taking its toll on her. It's draining, but I do what I can for them. They're too young to be so old.

Thank you for your prayers, Ches. They definitely make a difference. :smt058

5. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

what jordie said, t. i'm so sorry to hear of all the loss and pain that you are going through at this moment. my love and positivity goes out to you xx

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Tam, my thoughts and prayers to you and yours!!!

7. Tamstrong

Thank you, ladies. I appreciate y'all.

I'm dragging, but on a positive note, I woke up feeling a little less frazzled this morning.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Tammy. Feel free to hit the e-mail if you just want to ramble & get things out if need be.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The enemy of your soul is working hard to bring you down. I'm so sorry you are suffering such grief, Tam. I'm sure you feel helpless at times. But remember, there is a Lover of your soul who understands and grieves with you. Pour your heart out to Him. Continuing to lift you and your family up in my prayers.

10. Tamstrong

Thanks, Ra-Ra. I will definitely hit you up if I need to whine/vent.

The old adversary has really been on my back lately, & it's been getting to me. I've had my moments where I want to give up, but I keep trying to remind myself to hand it over & let the Lord take care of it & me. I need to chill out & let Him do what He does. Thanks for the encouragement & continued prayers. I have had a much better day today.

11. Tamstrong

My dad still hasn't snapped completely out of this latest episode, but he has improved a little bit. He's talking again, & although he was already hard to understand before the episode, we could understand almost nothing for a few days afterward. He still looks terrible, but I am thankful for any kind of improvement.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts & prayers.

12. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Tam, I hope you read this - I thought of you when I read this devotional (from Proverbs31ministries.org).

November 30, 2011

Completely Full, Yet Totally Empty
    Samantha Reed

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:1, 14 (ESV)

How are you? I’m posed this question many times a day, but haven’t delved into the truth lately. ‘Cause truth is, there are only a few I want to be that honest with. And those I generally share the depths with are wading through extenuating circumstances. Filled to capacity, they’ve needed a place to pour out.

Cupped hands catch their words, worries, wants. Until my hands are heavy.

I’m weary from taking in and not pouring myself out in return. I understand; they don’t have it to give right now. Yet, hour upon hour of listening… I’m not sure I have it to give right now either.

Irony is, my very name means “Listener.” Double irony is my life verse from last year: “Whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:25b NIV). But I can not take any more words into a soul cram-full. And I can not pour out refreshment that is not there.

I’m completely full, yet totally empty.

And so I selfishly check out in the name of self-preservation; retreat into myself, away from their words weighted with pain and trouble and questions. Distance my being from all words. Until the Word beckons me with cupped hands large enough to hold my needy soul, friend’s worn circumstances, the thin world.

I pour into the Word, a measureless crevice in which my words rest. He asks three words my parched soul thirsts for, “How are you?”

I’m weary. "I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10b (NIV)

I feel alone. “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b (NIV)

I can’t take much more. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28b (NIV)

I pour out, He pours in. An ebb and flow more natural than the ocean’s tides. My needy soul needs His words; needs Him: the Word.

Community is God-given. But friend’s and family’s ability to be leaned on will ebb and flow. Hence our soul’s deepest need: friendship with the Lord. {Inhale deeply that delight: we’re friends with God.} Friends with the unchanging nature of the Word, Jesus.

Will you take His cupped hand, reaching out to hold you, your cares, your friends and family members? Take His hand and take a walk through Him, the Word. Pour your truthful answers into Him and pour yourself into the fields of Scripture. Refreshment awaits. He’s asking, “How are you?”

Dear Lord, thank You for never changing. Thank You for listening and hearing. Thank You for Your faithful friendship. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Thinking of and still praying for you. Hoping things will begin to look up for you. Stay out of that ER, girl!

13. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, Ches. I appreciate this more than I can even express. So many reminders I've been in serious need of, especially that God doesn't see me as the burden that I often feel I am. He doesn't expect me to be perfect, so I need to stop expecting it of myself. His love & care is the constant in life I need to be depending on, because I know without Him I am & have nothing.

Thanks for the thoughts & prayers. :smt058

14. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You're so welcome. You came right to mind when I read this. I've learned to be obedient and share what God lays on my heart. I'm glad it blessed you.

PS I get that devotion every weekday - I can't tell you how many times the message has met me right where I am. The women who write them are all succcessful, savvy Christian women. Check it out when you have a chance.

15. Tamstrong

Thanks for telling me about the site, Ches. Good stuff! :smt023

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it! I can't tell you how many times I've sat at my desk with tears in my eyes because the devotion was exactly what I needed to read! Only God can do that!

17. Tamstrong

I know exactly what you mean. It's like those sermons where it's like the preacher wrote the sermon with me & whatever I've got going on in mind. God definitely knows how to give us what we need.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

My heart is so heavy as are the hearts of many in my county and a nearby county. Five teenagers were killed in an accident on Monday and yesterday, a family in my county lost 3 children in another - two 16-yr old brothers and their 9-yr old sister. Both accidents were the result of a combination of driver inexperience and rain-slick roads.

Those of you who pray, please lift these families and the friends of the children up in prayer. This, a time for celebration, has become a time of grief and mourning. As a mother, I feel physically sick, thinking of the pain they are enduring.

19. Tamstrong

Will do, Ches. That is so sad. My heart goes out to their families & friends.

20. Tamstrong

It's been a rough couple of days & I have a few prayer requests...

A friend of mine lost his 22 year old son in a car accident last Sunday. I heard about it this morning.

Last night my son's good friend he grew up with lost his dad to a heart attack last night. The young man is an only child & he & his dad were extremely close.

My brother has officially given up on his fight for his 3 daughters. His ex-wife has done everything she can to keep them from him, & it has turned into an ugly ordeal. After the last couple of years of fighting, he's agreed to give up his rights, so their step dad can raise them because he feels that he can better provide for them. His decision breaks my heart. I know it's killing him, but he honestly seems to think this guy is better for his kids. I think he's given up on himself, & it hurts like hell. I pray that he's making the best decision. I can't even imagine doing such a thing, but I won't allow myself to judge him.

I'd appreciate any prayers on their behalf. Thank you.