Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

aint life a bitch

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I deadlifted 125 lb 3X8 last night. I almost got 135 but I was exhausted by the time I tried, saw stars. LOL

3. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Good for you girl..! btw....there are better 'good' ways to see stars..... (not that lifting isn't good...but...you know..hehe) :smt045

4. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

So busy with finals and papers I'm feeling super out of tune with my body :(.

This week my routine is basically:
    Type 2 pages.
    Do sit ups till exhaustion.
    Type 2 pages.
    Do push ups till exhaustion.
    Type 2 pages.
    Run down the stairs to the first floor and then back up to the 8th floor.
    Type some more.
    Plank till exhaustion.
    ...Continue typing.

Not the best plan, but at least it keeps me awake. :)

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I hear you. I just finished my last final on Tuesday. So, once I was talked down off of the ledge and decided not to withdraw from school... :p Just a little note to tell you that, in the words of the late Michael Jackson, "you are not alone..." lol.

Hang in there!

P.S.: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Nicole again."

6. Nikkers

Jealous that you're done, lol. Glad you didn't withdraw :p

3 more papers and an exam... about 24 hours from now I'm all done for the semester. I get rewarded with last minute packing craziness and 12 hours in the airport lugging bags around. At least it makes up for laziness :D

7. orejon4

I remember those undergrad days...a LONG time ago. Hang in there. And if you get wound up, go for a quick run, even if it's just a mile or two. The endorphins will take care of that writers' block.

8. Nikkers

I'll likely do that at some point tonight... the good thing about exam 'lazy day' wear is that it could double as running wear, lol.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Tried this tonight. Pretty nifty workout

[YOUTUBE]XisjCFZ5ZCw[/YOUTUBE]

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Awesome job folks!

12/22/11

Was in a little of a slump since losing the job last week but then anger set in so I hit the weights with ferocity which felt awesome!

I am 20lbs away from my goal of hitting 500lbs on the hammer strength chest press machine. I can't remember the last time I sprinted or ran some miles but I've been doing tv cardio workouts which has increased my endurance.

I have visibly increased the size of my shoulders, traps, and back which gives a intimidating factor. My arms still won't grow for shit. Abs are coming back more and more everyday. I hate my love handles.

11. orejon4

Put in 6.5 miles on the asphalt on Monday, 6 in the sand on Tuesday and 8.4 yesterday on the asphalt again. Taking off for 2 days to recuperate.

12. orejon4

Ugghh... I screwed up and had White Castles yesterday. What the hell was I thinking? It'll take me days to get that crap out of my system. Back to running...lol.

13. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Monster status bruh!

14. orejon4

Man, northside, that's hardcore. Congrats!

15. Stheno

Stheno New Member

started to walk on tuesday and walking everyday one more day and it is a week ... 45 minutes walk but not fast just normal.

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

A question:

I was just diagnosed w a bad case of tennis elbow. I have had pain in it while working out for over 3 months but finally, it started to hurt just doing nothing and I cant even straighten the arm out w out cringing.

Doc said I need physical therapy and no lifting weights.

Has anyone had tenniselbow and what did you do and not do in terms of working out while it healed - and how long did it take etc bla bla.

?

17. satyr

satyr New Member

You can do hiking, squats, weighted leg lifts, running, and a variety of other cardio routines that don't place a strain on your arms. Maybe there is some use for resistance bands rather than weights, if you're allowed to use your arms at all. If not, just focus on your lower body; the benefits will flow north anyway.

18. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I don't have workout advice, but hopefully pt will solve your problem. I had severe tendonitis (could barely lift a phone to my ear) and after 3 cortisone/blood patch treatments and (useless) pt, I finally had to have surgery. Have no idea why I even developed the tendonitis. The shots were a good temporary solution. My doc did a "blood patch" injection as an alternative to cortisone shots which is where they inject your own blood into the site to restore circulation and aid healing rather than using a drug.

19. orejon4

I'll ask my stepdad. I haven't developed tennis elbow yet, but I did have a bit of a twinge in it last summer. Make sure everything is low-strain and low-impact until you know more. Swimming is about the only thing you should be doing with your upper body.

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thanks guys - seems I will have to find an indoor pool to get some work out on my upper body. Argh. I am so frustrated, I was up to 45 lb bent over dumbell rows etc so I hate to see that diminish:-(