Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Nah, I am a whiner for not taking Petty's shiting on what I've done, remember:)

Love you girl!

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

ahhhhh...that's right, sorry...!!! shame on you whiner for sticking up for yourself...you should allow a man without a head shit all over your accomplishments...!!! :p

love you mostest :smt050

3. Stheno

Stheno New Member

wow all this about lifting weights :)

I used to be very strong and lift a lot of weight ...but after i got that bad that even a fried pan i could not hold on my hands... i got worse a lot .. having swollen hands, not much you can do ..i had to end up in surgery or not make my hads tired...and this will not help much but will be better.. so i started not to use my hands a lot doing even the housework seperated in days... this help with my hand and the pain... and the swollen.... but made my hands very weak .. :mad:

4. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I know, that's why I felt comfortable continuing what I thought was a joke, lol. I hope that you didn't mind me dovetailing your comments to discuss my own training accomplishments as well..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  5. swirlman07

Scraping your shins is a hazard of performing dead lifts, lol. In the past, during training, I'd often wrap my shins, and still I had permanent bruising from doing them every week. When people ask me about performing the dead lift I always tell them to imagine first the squatting position and then transitioning, using the legs and only then the back and imagine pulling the bar through their knees to completion.

I never used straps because I wanted to build my forearm strength, so it was counter productive for me to use straps on max attempts or reps. One kind of helps the other one. As for belts, I'll only use them for near max or max attempts, meaning one to three reps, otherwise no belt either. I feel it helps to build you build you back muscles, especially the erector muscles, if you do't use a belt.

If a person has a bad back, I don't know that I would advise them to perform dead lifts...

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

seriously

i used to wrap an ace bandage around the shin to protect it

then i started wearing high socks because i got tired of wrapping and rewrapping

:smt021

7. swirlman07

What a coincidence, lol. I did both, I wore long socks and I wrapped my shins with wrappings thicker than ace bandages. Sometimes, at the end of heavy and long dead lift sessions I'd go home and notice that I had small blood spots near the top of my socks, lol. I'd have to peel them off when I got home and they would bleed a little again..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Absolutely not:)

9. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Holy Mars Bars FG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AMAZING!!!!

You are a BEAST!:smt049:partyman:

10. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

wow..didnt know u did deadlifts...I like you even more now :) good stats too.

deadlifting is extremely taxing on the body but the benefits are great. Only max out maybe once a month or so. right now at 435lbs.

to everybody else posting your progress/stats, you are all inspirational.

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thank you LB, I do appreciate that.. I will continue and see how far up I get:)

12. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thanks! Lets drink to that!!!!!!!!!!! :)

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I've got a question on behalf of my son...

What is the best approach to correcting muscle symmetry when one side is bigger or more defined than the other. He's right handed, so his right arm is slightly larger than the left. He also has more oblique definition on his left side than his right. He was asking me if I knew the best way to fix it, & since I've never dealt with that issue, I don't know what to tell him.

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, it's not much you can do other than using dumbbells. It's just genetics.

Progress:

Met a goal, dumbbell pressed 200lbsx6 for 6 sets 1 minute breaks. Working my way to 200x10 for 6. Probably be a year or two...

15. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I'm no expert but if you shift your grip on whatever exercise you are doing with weights so it's not evenly spaced on the bar, eg move dominant arm inwards you can stop it guiding all the work. Also doing cables each arm individually helps a little bit

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Should correct itself, the underdeveloped muscles should work harder when doing most workouts. For example, if he bench presses 150, the stronger muscles will stop developing as they plateau and the underdeveloped should continue to build as they compensate.

I'm probably wrong.

17. Athena

Athena New Member

I'm keeping my weekly workouts simple: run one day, swim the next, rinse and repeat. :p

18. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

nothing wrong with that.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

9/22/11

Progess:

30lbs away from doing 500lbs on the chest press machine. Working on barbell curling 135lbsx10. My cardio game is straight doodoo, I become winded after jogging now lol.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You bench 470?