Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I hear you. I wight 118 lb now - working hard to gain. Was 110 lb almost a year ago and wa down down in in the 95 lb range before that.

I cant do much cardio because I drop lb like crazy. I have a metabolism that play tricks on me.
    Weight lifting makes you gain weight - as in muscle and it increases your metabolism, burning fat if you do it correctly in combo w light cardio, nothing hard if you want to maintain weight. But doing weights, you will gain weight, but its muscle, not fat and it will not increase your measurements if you do it correctly.
    You need to talk to a very good trainer to determine exactly what.
    As long as you take in appropriate calories and you do weight lifting, you should be fine.

If you don't want to talk to a trainer, do basic weight lifting and slow walks afterwards (w appropriate warm-up before hand).

Someone said do pull-ups... and that was a man, you cant do that I'm sure, its not where you are so don't bother, it will just get you frustrated.

Do knee-push-ups, planks, sit -ups, crunches and light weight biceps and triceps, shoulders etc. You can do lunges and squats with out weights to tone legs.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

3. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

haha!! that gif is awesome :D

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Going for strength last week so....

Cable Cross Over's 3 sets of 5-7 reps Under Cable Cross over's 3 sets of 5-7 reps
    Barbell Shoulder Shrugs 6 sets of 5 reps
    Dumbbell Concentration Curls 6 sets of 5-7 reps
    Tricep Press Down Machine 6 sets of 5-8 reps
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 6 sets of 5-10 reps
    Close Grip Pull Down Machine 6 sets of 5-10 reps
    Ab Flex Machine 6 sets of 4-10 reps

All I take is 1-1.5 minute breaks between sets, 30 sec's when it comes to abs. 2 minutes of rest when moving on from different body parts.

20 minute break eating breakfast

Stairmaster 1hr 240 floors climbed, over 700 calories burned

10 minute break drinking protein shake

Reverse EZ Bar Curl 6 sets of 5 reps
    EZ Bar wrist curl 6 sets of 20 reps
    Dumbbell lateral wrist curls 6 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell Calf Raise 6 sets of 12 reps
    Dumbbell Machine Calf Raise 6 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell Machine Calf Raise Drop set 6 sets of 10 reps

30 sec breaks between sets

15 minute walk

BEAST MODE!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  5. 4north1side2

Who you telling, I have a life time membership to that club lol.

6. 4north1side2

09/05/11

It seems that I have surpassed my old strength levels before I fell off months ago.

7. qnet

qnet New Member

I just started hitting the weights again last week and, although I was sore; it felt good.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

9. 4north1side2

9/12/11

Only worked out 4 days out the 14 past days. I ain't built for this fitness stuff anymore. Gamer 4 life!

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I just modded armed assault: operation arrowhead with ace (community mod that beefs up the vanilla game) along with some cool capture the island missions, which plays out like a dynamic land campaign. Shit kept me up all night, but I managed to get in an endurance plate workout before work

battlefield 3/ mw3 ain't even out yet lol

11. Sage

Sage New Member

Good information.
    I was started my workout before 3 month.
    Then my weight is under 65 lbs and after 3 month
    i got 30 lbs weight by doing hard workout
    and my workout progress is very good because i got 30 lbs weight in 3 month.

12. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Lol..

Maybe you are too tough and spend too long in gym when you are trying to build back the habit?

I think spending a few weeks, a month or what it takes to build the habit is necessary- even 30 mins cardio or weights, 4 x weekly or whenever. Do it at the same time each day, shape the habit.

For me its as much about mind as well as body, for switching off the brain and maintaining serotonin levels.
    Then start pushing yourself to get results.

Anyway that's what I did, worked for me. I do 45-60 mins 5 times a week, wherever I am- even a hotel room. Then longer once a week, time permitting.

Exception is traveling where it's extremely hot, the desert driving etc alone is taxing enough.

13. 4north1side2

Just checked out some youtube video's, Mod is kick ass! Hey you ever hear of, Red Orchestra?

[YOUTUBE]ihDjGvRiutk[/YOUTUBE]

I want it!

It's a feeling I've held since last year, ever since I achieved my goal of having a chiseled body last year my interest in the gym dramatically dropped. I'll regret becoming a fat lazy slob down the road but right now I am so enjoying just relaxing in the comfort of my man cave doing nothing productive.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  14. lightbrotha4u

lightbrotha4u Member

Good post FG...

by the way your metabolism is a lot like mine.

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LOL, lost of eating going on huh?
    :)

btw, I deadlifted 110 lb last night, 3X10, that is pretty much my own weight. I wonder how much I could do maxing out, never tried. Of course I would risk having the bellybutton dislodge and fly across the room - or that is at least what it feels like. LOL

16. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

No need to worry about your belly button, it will remain intact, lol. I have maxed out at 4 x my body weight and I suffered no bellybutton ruptures. I will routinely go to up to 2.5 X body weight for 10 reps. The real killer is doing 315 lbs X 30 reps. Now, that takes a lot out of you.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

if someone is really worried about injury, they could just wear a lifting belt until their body adjusts to the amount of weight being thrown around.

dead-lifting is cool tho...I seen it translate to sport when I was on top of a guy that had me in an armlock, and lifted him straight up into the air like a feather. Granted we were training and the coach was trying to get me to posture up and control the guy's body by clasping onto his gi. I wasn't supposed to lift him straight up (which is what many guys do, followed by a slam to break a hold), but it just happened so effortlessly. strength in lifting ability and grip go way up with those lifts.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Anyone ever do yoga, I'm thinking of getting into it.

19. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Me.........I take a class every Sunday and do it at home the rest.

It will make you strong. Trust.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

but can it make you fight?

:p