Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

I managed my longest run this morning. 16kms! The last four or so were not pretty but I was very proud of myself.

2. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

The current thought regarding stretching is that you shouldn't stretch cold muscles. Stretching cold muscles can lead to injury, which is a problem if you aren't insured, lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You should warm up muscles with a short amount of aerobic work on a stationary bike or cross trainer. If you are lifting weights you perform sets of exercise with light weights to warm up the muscle you are working.

Stretching is best done after working out when the muscles are warm, or on days when you don't work with weights and you warm up first with some cardio work.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao I can take a joke good one. And you're right because now that I think about it. In karate we do a lot of stationary kicks and punches to warm up before stretching.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]gCQGZkaM5jU[/YOUTUBE]

Teasing my Son with the slight taste of victory.

I've been trying to get the kids a little bit more active doing push ups, jumping jacks, sit ups, burpees and very light lifting here and there.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

looks like fun

another good reason to have kids while you're young

i'd like to be able to lift or go to martial arts classes with mine, if i ever decide to have any

:rock:

6. 4north1side2

Believe me they will wear your ass out no matter how old you are...

8/20/11

It's amazing how quickly your body can change within a week's time. Regaining strength back, just got to continue mixing things up so I don't become bored.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[​IMG]

8. 4north1side2

Motivation.

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

My regular core work out - did this tonight:

I do a version of this but moving the ball over my head at (straight arms, touching the bench above my head) the bottom and standing up at the top throwing the ball above my head and catching it on my way down - 10lb 3 x 10 ( I do higher elevation that in the video).

[YOUTUBE]eY7DiV3vDao[/YOUTUBE]

Then I do these w a 18 lb medicine ball 3 x 40

[YOUTUBE]t5Ph4Fk0A_U[/YOUTUBE]
    and these w 12.5 kettlebell 2X10 each side
    [YOUTUBE]pt6NEz-HpDc[/YOUTUBE]
    and Turkish get-ups 2x10 12.5 lb each side

[YOUTUBE]0vhJza-2xiI[/YOUTUBE]
    I add 10 per side of laying on a weight lift bench touching toes to each side of the bar and jack knives w a 10 lb medicine ball between my knees.

Good mornings - 3 x 50 lb
    [YOUTUBE]Iycq-kJann0[/YOUTUBE]
    add to that back and obliqique extensions 3x 10 w 25 lb for each
    and I do burpees in-between and elevated feet push-ups 25 at a time plus 1. 3 minute planks followed by 20 walking planks and wall marching planks
    [YOUTUBE]BS6qYEahFhQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Then I end with this as many as I can
    [YOUTUBE]K7DaRCQh0lY[/YOUTUBE]

I don't do them necessarily in this order and if my heart rate goes down (my goal is 80%), I do either burpees or do a minute of chucking a 10 lb medicine ball on the wall fast (one throw per second) at waist level.

I forgot, that is after I do 20 minutes warm up at 3 speed (15% incline) forward 1 minute, sideways 30 seconds, backwards 1 minute other side ways 30 seconds, then run 3 minutes at 2.5 incline, repeat.
    After the core work out I walk (3 speed) for 30 minutes, comfortable breathing imperative here (2.5% incline) with two 12.5 lb weights and I do various biceps and shoulder work outs (I am doing 20-lb and up if I am actually working these muscle groups) so 12.5 is a cool down work out.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i did do wall crawls when looking for ways to boost strength and balance for jiu-jitsu

they're tough

i weighed 220 (down to 209 now) and benched waaaaay more than my bodyweight, and still found difficulty doing them:smt103

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

They are though... but there is something w them that I find very challenging and I just want to do more of them.

12. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Eff Geeeee, you're a machine!

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I seen another guy warming up with walking hand-stands before class one time, and got jealous. That, along with the fact that the coaches warm us up with backwards rolls to handstand, where we shoot up and vault from the mat.

they said i was pretty nimble for a big guy:eek:

although i would make loud thumps on occasion

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LOL. You know that is my nick name at the gym.. I am so focused that I get spooked by sudden noises and I jump.
    So they call me "the machine" because I get that blank look, I just zone out and do it.
    Its really not that hard to be honest.. its just a matter of time before you exceed me.

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You see some crazy stuff at MAA gyms that is for sure. LOL some of them are made of rubber I swear! But of course its easier for me to do the wall crawl at 118lb than you. I do appreciate that.

16. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

haha! I appreciate the vote of confidence, but it's a long shot :) I'll just keep pluggin' away!

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lmao

i lost serious weight there that's for sure

i would eat a $20 KFC family meal right after, shit made me so hungry

that's a sign of a good workout tho. Before training there, I couldn't remember the last time I was that exhausted. My home routines never took me to the edge like that..but you get so much stronger and so much faster as a result.

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You be surprised of the advances you will make! Just keep plugging away and mix it up. The plateau is your enemy, don't get down if that happens, switch your work-out.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i thought u were the enemy

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

'
    I love that shiet!!! I eat a whole farm once I'm done:) I have to keep up w my eating or I actually loose weight, which is NOT my goal.