Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

As long as he's black I approve :-D

2. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Ha! Straight out with it.

Strange week, other than one 60 min run and half hearted plyometrics work out has consisted of lifting steady stream of food to face.

Someone kick my ass.

3. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look right above your head in your first post about your abs. Jordan posted a good video! I did them last night and they were hard.

4. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Well that is my preference after all, all i gotta do now is find one. :D

5. mama

mama Well-Known Member

I know, i know. :smt003
    I didnt read the thread before i posted, i'll give them a whirl.

6. Stheno

Stheno New Member

hmm something i can try too but maybe in few days when my leg stop hurting :mad:

7. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Just an FYI Nike just started that new campaign. It's called Make Yourself.

They have seven top female athletes and they show you exercises that keep them strong. They have videos with exercises and also an app if you have an iphone. Hopefully you can use this link siince you have to put in your country.

http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/athlete/home?locale=en_US

8. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Thanks Jordan. i use Nike Run for my training. i have the Nike + sensor in my shoe and it is fab! I am going to add this as well.

By the end I can wear a t shirt that says "Body by Nike" Just Do It lol!

9. lottie

lottie New Member

For abs I do a range of planks with and without weights. I also use the bosu whilst doing them and whilst at the gym i've just started using the powerplates too.

Completely with those who said that need to do a complete body with it tho, especially combined with cardio

My friend swears on Insanity workout at home but yet to look at that.

10. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Prone jackknife - freakin' hard and I look like a spaz doing them :p When I can do a full set without falling off, I'll be satisfied :rolleyes:

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

what I have realized if you arent getting in good amount of cardio a six pack is out of the question (along with a diet). I ran alot a long time ago (army days) and had a flat stomach due to running and a minimum amount of sit ups and I was cool. just think if I did more intense work out on my abs I would have had a six pack.

12. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Don't go teasing me now.....;-)

13. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

:::pulls up a seat along side ya and joins the party::: I bet you have some awesome biceps tho lol, I was in the same boat as you last week. Sweet potato pie all week long.

8/11/11
    Progress:
    I have lost muscle mass all throughout my body. I gotta hustle hard to make up for the losses. Mixing my sets of 3 sets of 5 heavy reps and 3 sets of 10 medium reps to shock my muscles.

14. The Dark King

Would you recommend that for weight loss as well because I'm trying to cut and build at the same time

15. The Dark King

I appreciate the advise fam. I have noticed my weight barely moves but my close are looser. I was getting frustrated

16. LA

LA Well-Known Member

How tall are you?

17. The Dark King

You drafting? Lol

18. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well thought I should get back into the discussion I actually sustained a high ankle sprain a couple of weeks ago so I had to change up my routine to allow it some rest and recovery time. But out of some bad things come good. Basically I have adjusted my regiment to include more stretching and limbering up and I have also more lower body strength training because I need to get more explosive. So basically here is it:

Current Workout regiment:
    weekdays:

Morning: Start the day off with 3 mile run, 150 pushups, shuffle drill, 600 crunches, jump rope for 10 minutes, 50 flat bench leg raises (25 straight legged, 25 legs crossed), 1 minute lying leg extension, 50 flat bench knee raises, 1 minute shoulder stand, 100 leg curls, 50 squats, 50 bench dips

mid afternoon (non gym days): in the office quickie workout 100 ab twist, 50 jumps in place, 25 situps, 30 knee to elbow crunches, 50 regular crunches, 25 pushups, 1 minute of hill climbers, 30 walking planks

Evening after dinner: Bag 15 minutes; 3 min round - just punches, 3 min round punches + knees + kicks , 3 min round punches + forearms + elbows, 3 min round punches + knees + kicks, 3 min round - just punches

5 min of quick feet in place + 5 minute jump rope + 100 pushups

right before bed: 30 minutes of stretching.

All Gym Days: 10 minute eliptical warm up to start 30 min treadmill to end usually done after weight training and before tread: 25 inclined situps, 50 inclined crunches, 100 side to side inclined ab twists with medicine ball (45lbs), 100 standing abs twists with 15lb bar on shoulders, 175 pushups, 1 min planks x 3, 2 sets of walking planks 30 count

Tuesday: Legs and abs
    Calf raises, seated leg curls, seated knee extensions, leg press, hanging knee raises, seated ab crunches, laying leg raises

Thursday: Chest and Shoulders
    shoulder presses, butterfly presses, reverse butter fly, bench press, shoulder raises

Sunday: arms and back
    bicep curls, lat pull down, tricep presses, low back pull down, pullups

Saturday:
    Start the day off with 50 mins jump rope, 150 pushups, shuffle drill, 600 crunches, jump rope for 10 minutes, 50 flat bench leg raises (25 straight legged, 25 legs crossed), 1 minute lying leg extension, 50 flat bench knee raises, 1 minute shoulder stand, 100 leg curls, 50 squats, 50 bench dips

mid afternoon: 100 ab twist, 50 jumps in place, 25 situps, 30 knee to elbow crunches, 50 regular crunches, 25 pushups, 1 minute of hill climbers, 30 walking planks

Evening: Bag 15 minutes; Bag 15 minutes; 3 min round - just punches, 3 min round punches + knees + kicks , 3 min round punches + forearms + elbows, 3 min round punches + knees + kicks, 3 min round - just punches

5 min of quick feet in place + 5 minute jump rope + 100 pushups

right before bed: 30 good minutes of stretching.

I know it seems like alot but it really isnt to me plus check out the results
    [​IMG]

19. The Dark King

You the same dude who lost all that weight?

20. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I hardly have the same set routine, as chronicled thru this progress thread, I pretty much grown tired of working out. The rewarding factor is almost nonexistent for me now....maybe is I were paid for it than my feelings would change.