Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Thought the martial artists might enjoy this. I did some sticky hands this morning and damn I really love the martial arts. Talk about a body mind connection.

[YOUTUBE]PpFSwQztptQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

...which is why I prefer cross training in mma over traditional single style and forms any day

although when I did TKD we did use forms against strikes, so you got to see the practical use

3. The Dark King

Forms are great for training on your own and the best workout I've ever experienced by myself

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

In a way we all use some sort of forming.

When I'm practicing wrestling and takedowns at home, all I'm doing is taking a pattern of movement and using it against imaginary opponents. However on the mat, I'd rather pay for time spent working against live opponents than spending time doing shit I can do at home

5. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Had a great run this morning 5.5 k and I have found a krav class here that I am going to this afternoon.

I am a bit nervous as I told them I have only had a few classes so I would like a beginners group. He said We have no beginners groups just come and work. Yikes! Mommy?

6. The Dark King

I love your instructor's attitude but that's the great thing about krav maga. It's designed so that unskilled person can gain useful techniques in weeks not years

7. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

I know, but I still don't want to get my ass kicked or look like a total spazoid! :smt079

8. The Dark King

How old are you? 14?

9. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Yes:D

10. The Dark King

Wishful thinking like a motherfuka lol

Btw all those who need a little inspiration to work out I looked at this this morning and my hour of cardio flew by. I can't remember the last time I felt so focused, I CHOOSE TO RISE NOT FALL, I CHOOSE TO LIVE NOT DIE

[YOUTUBE]dZ1E6N9bhas[/YOUTUBE]

11. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Ha! I WOULD NEVER want to be 14 again. Good god that was terrible!

12. The Dark King

Speak for yourself. I had a hot girlfriend and I was on a championship track team. Life was good :cool:

13. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Hahahaha! I get it, but I knew nothing about anything, I was insecure and I lived in a small town that I SO wanted to get out of!

14. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

For the ladies who want to work on their abs. Hope Solo, goalkeeper from USA Natl. Team. :

[YOUTUBE]tqvIl-5rqhE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

15. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Nice one Jordan. I will be trying those tonight :)

16. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Just got home from the gym, trying to tone up after having the baby. I didnt gain much weight during the pregnancy so thats a plus.
    Does anyone know of any good stomach toning exercises i can do?

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

sprints..but of course many people neglect those because they're too high intensity

crunches are good also..when i do them, I tend to do around 5 sets

I do around 40 the first set, then 30 the next then 3 sets of 20

mind you I run the gauntlet as far as working out is concerned, so what works for me may not work for you.

Exercising all parts of your body reduces fat, which helps your midsection as well, even if you arent doing situps or crunches.

basically what im trying to say is dont be lazy and just do situps, without doing other exercises

18. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. :D

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

this shit is like common knowledge:p

seriously tho, even if you would like a more toned mid-section, id suggest you workout the entire body as well to get faster results

a little sex here, a lot of sex there....burn those calories...oh wait..no more sex for u :eek:

20. mama

mama Well-Known Member

Lots of sex it is..:cool: