Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Oh we definitely wouldn't want that that fantastic hair of yours. Not a bad idea to get it insured lol.

Just do it instead of trying to push yourself into it.

Certified bad ass. My body aches reading this.

2. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

FG you are a MACHINE! I love it.

I am running 5 k every morning and swimming about 2 k every afternoon.

I do yoga 3 times a week and a workout on an exercise ball everyday for my abs.

I do high rep low weight arm exercises to try to get some definition in my arms.
    I just bought a kettle ball and it is killing me but I love it.

My one big problem is that my calves are getting too muscular. They look good now but I am afraid they will soon look like man legs and I don't want that.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Pics please :D

4. The Dark King

Running this morning for 2 miles at 12 minutes per mile(uber slow I know)
    Karate class for 1 hour and two sets of 50 push ups.

I am sooooo out of shape. Time to get back on the grind. I actually NEED to stretch now.

5. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Pics of my calves? lol

I would like to get back into martial arts. I studied Shaolin Kung Fu for a number of years when I lived in Vietnam and I miss it. Not a big martial arts scene in the Middle East so I stopped. Just back to Canada and I might look for a school. I miss the swords :smt038

6. The Dark King

Weapons are a great exercise. I've been more a wooden weapons kind of guy like kali sticks(esacrima) or japanese bo staff. I studied nunchucks for a while but way too impratical for my taste.

I envy that you were in the middle east because thats the heart of krav maga and their training is the most practical and effective that I've come across.

What type of style were you thinking of getting into?

7. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

I took abunch of krav classes in Israel. It totally kicked my ass but it was fun in a warped kind of way! Those guys are hard core. I felt like I needed my mom after my first class lol.

I would do some more krav here but I would also like to get back to the Shaolin. I liked the forms and found them very relaxing. I loved the staff and had a great time doing the forms that used it. I would always imagine the wind blowing, music playing and me kicking someones ass! (Not likely)

I just like to mix up my routine so I don't get bored.

Having said all that......I have been back for three weeks and all i have done is visit friends and drink wine!

8. The Dark King

That's exactly why I got back into Oyama Karate I missed the forms and the structure and the traditional was always way more difficult to me even though I have to admit Krav Maga is the most practical self defense system I've ever experienced. Even more so than MMA since the idea of trying to grab a person who might have a knife or a gun doesn't appeal to me.

Where in Canada are you?

9. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

I am in our fair nations capital.

10. The Dark King

Oh so you should be able to find a school really easy and probably cheap considering Canada is totally cheaper.

11. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Ha ha...who are you kidding! All I have been doing is freaking out about how expensive things are here.

Canada is many things, but cheap isn't one of them!

12. The Dark King

I live right outside of NYC so I guess everything is cheap to me lol. I was recently there and the house my brother bought for a few hundred thousand up there would easily be a million here.

13. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

True. NYC is a WHOLE other ball game. I as still wrapping my head around paying tax on things again. I went into the shop to buy a magazine the other day and put the exact change on the counter and started to walk out. The lady started shouting at me to come back. I thought it was rather strange, but being the pleasant Canadian that I am, went back to the counter. She said.....tax, you need to pay tax. I was confused for a minute as it sounded like she was speaking a very strange language. Tax I said. What the HELL is that. 14% is what it is. Ah.....welcome home.

14. The Dark King

Where were you that didn't have tax and are there a well rounded ww there? :)

15. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

I was in Dubai. There are a lot of WW there. I would say more women than men.

16. The Dark King

Damn that's nice, Dubai on business or pleasure?

17. vanilla2chai

vanilla2chai New Member

Business. I was there for 3 years.

18. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not an expert, but I have been doing a LOT of reading lately, and everything I've read about strength training says that high reps with low weights will get you nowhere in terms of definition! You're better off lifting heavy with low reps. And recover in between workouts. And eat your protein :D

19. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

My personal trainer had me do this and I saw a fantastic change.

20. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Personally I generally lift heavy too.

Weights while walking etc are a good boost to overall exercise, but if I'm lifting then I want to really feel that shit! I don't know the science, but I do like the pain :smt048

Seriously though it does help with weight control, it's fun to get stronger, and a woman is generally not going to bulk unless she works at it in a really freakish way. It keeps the challenge up too.