Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Serious as high blood pressure. I found an old Halloween basket of candy and got to work lol.

I'm sooo jealous but it's ok, the weekend is near and I plan to treat my stomach out to a grandiose supper.

2. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Did you have that supper??

3. Stheno

Stheno New Member

Nooo raining will ruing my hair :p

but i need to start soon not just once a week and then i give up until after few months for a day again :cry:

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Having no kitchen for the past like 2 months have put a serious dent in my usual clean eating... Now comes the challenge to get back to that, it will not be easy. Argh.

Apart from my regular weight lifting stuff 3 times/week, I have added this twice per week:

25 burpees
    25 regular push-ups
    30 sit-ups
    25 hindu squats
    30 russian twists w 10 lb
    20 hindu push-ups (dive bombers)
    30 lunges
    25 burpees
    and then I walk at a setting of three w 2 12.5 lb weights for 40 minutes doing different arm exercises on the treadmill.

Another one is alternating 50 jump ropes and 50 leg flutters for 30 minutes, as many reps as I can.
    Another is 20 seconds slide lunges (with sand bag) with lateral arm raises with weights (20 sec on each side), max effort x 8.

I have a few other of that type of work-out I switch between for cardio.

The MMA gym I go to have 2.5 inch ropes I work out with as well, that really kicks your ass.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Everyones falling in love with mma now

:)

I haven't seen any ropes yet, but I do know we offer kettlebell classes. They look like 30 minutes of torture for the un-initiated.

6. Leksola

Leksola New Member

What are leg flutters fg?

Have recently added some plyometrics... something different I can do anywhere. I need to mix it up, my body is tired and used to the same old cardio and weights I've had for awhile.

Getting a bit too soft around the edges and my fitness needs an amp up.. Any tips to shock my body into submission? Good old skipping rope probably a nice idea.

May just copy your entire resistance routine there fg.. Ahem. Learn from an expert!

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thank you hun!
    The kettle-bell stuff really kicks ass, no joke!!!!!
    The ropes are just as bad:)
    Here is two:
    [YOUTUBE]6a__BQg6D1M[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]uDLQVXTJ5ow&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Here is what I man w leg flutters, there is another meaning for it (for pilates) but this is what I mean,
    [YOUTUBE]NNAa0_3VxSY[/YOUTUBE]

Check out Bodyrock.tv or check her out on youtube, she has fantastic work outs for tightening up anything. Her cardio is fantastic.

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Here is a nice kettle bell work out I do, kicks ass more than it looks like:
    [YOUTUBE]pt6NEz-HpDc[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]HKglwrWdis8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]ztTOn0rSMis[/YOUTUBE]

10. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Ah yes I know what you mean now by the leg flutters.. Good for the lower abs.

Have been thinking of getting a few sessions with a trainer when I get home but it's just sooo .. White .. Which I am :rolleyes:

I'll check out those vids, thanks. And maybe get outside with my guy more, he's such a nasty work out buddy!

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I just started traditional martial arts again. Always felt like I got a better workout, maybe because the sessions are 2 hrs instead of the usual 1 for mma.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I don't know

I used to think that bjj was too short for an hour, but I was wrong. After class, gis are soaked in sweat because your exerting yourself to the max, unlike traditional arts where you don't go full out to prevent ko's and shit. Carrying someone elses weight around you while trying to get them off at the same time is exhausting

13. The Dark King

Very true. I guess I also like not being able to injure myself as easily. I'm no spring chicken anymore lol

14. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I hope it's co-ed.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

co-ed sparring seems to be pre-determined before hand

they dont get randomly assigned to dudes to roll a few rounds with like the rest of us

they either roll with our coaches or someone they already know

makes sense tho...i think i wouldnt go as hard or grab certain areas, which would give them the advantage

but yeah i go to work after class, so that hour leaves me sore enough to know i been training hard but at the same time leaving me in good enough shape for work lol

16. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Forget Muay Thai! I think I found somewhere in my area that teaches sanshou/sanda. I'll be making a few calls.

17. The Dark King

How different is it from any other mixed martial art system? Theres a lot of acrobatics that are cool to watch but not practical in fights.

18. SmoothDaddy101

Sanshou/sanda (meaning free strikes) is the kickboxing/sparring aspect of kung fu that allows throws and grappling. No acrobatics there. I guess I'm pro-Chinese martial arts as there are so many bad schools and those that don't focus on sparring.

Here's a clip of Cung Le (the kung fu representative for MMA) - he's in the black trunks.

[YOUTUBE]OWjh4HTiDBk[/YOUTUBE]

M.F. here's a clip from a school in your neck of the woods...

[YOUTUBE]PzxJZ0LfBW4[/YOUTUBE]

19. The Dark King

Interesting. I just signed up for Oyama Karate but maybe I can work in a class or two. I want to train for the kumite but I need to reprove myself to my Shihan which might take two years.

20. SmoothDaddy101

Kyokushin-kai is brutal stuff! Good luck. Right now, I'm trying to get in shape so I'd be in decent conditioning to start. For what I'm trying to do, it would help a bit.