The Doctor Who/Torchwood Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Jul 16, 2011.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Personally I'm surprised but glad to see Mekhi Phifer in the Torchwood series.:eek:

2. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

In the first episode, I wasn't crazy about Rex, but I warmed up to him in the second episode. I think he's going to be a great foil for Gwen.

3. samwilson75

samwilson75 Active Member

Liz was such a beauty.

4. samwilson75

samwilson75 Active Member

Thanks for starting this thread.

My favorite Doctors are: #2, #3, #4, #10, & #11.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thread filler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Great pictures!!!

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have quite a few sitting in a folder on my laptop. I don't want to turn this into a picture thread just yet though. :D

8. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Just stay away from pictures of the tenth Doctor or you'll have me drooling over a white guy here. ;-)

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Who? Oh, you mean this skinny white dude here...

[​IMG]

:cool:

10. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Yeah, him. He's also a brilliant actor if you've seen him in other things. But I admit tall, slender Scotsman will always have a little corner of my libido ;-)

11. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

BTW, you know that stereotype about black men and penis size? They say the same thing about Scots. And IME, it's true ;-)

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah I give him props. He's a great actor.

Ummmm.......I am not into Scottish men, but thanks for the ....ummm.....yeah ..........:cool:

13. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

LOLOL!! I suppose if I could find a black Scot, I could have all the stereotypes covered, huh? ;-)

14. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

You know, you kid, but that sounds like a great idea. LOL

15. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

And I'd get that lovely accent too ;-)

16. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

::sniffle:::

I just watched "Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday" again.

Now I'm sniffling and weepy. :smt088

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So it's a safe bet that the Cybermen are your favorite Who "Monsters", correct?

18. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

No, it was the Rose/Ten parting. My favorites are probably the Ood. And the scariest to me are the Weeping Angels.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Too bad they decided to shed more light on them in the Time of Angels/Flesh & Stone episodes. If they would have just let them be one time only monsters their scary/mystique factor would have remained intact. The producers got too greedy in exposing them more due to their popularity.

20. TreePixie

TreePixie New Member

Yes and changed their modus operandi. In Blink, they would displace you in time. In Time of the Angels/Flesh & Stone, they broke people's necks, which was not nearly as scary at least to me.

The other ones I found a bit creepy were not the much vaunted Silents, but the Vashta Nerada from Silence in the Library and its follow up. "Every shadow" "No, but any shadow" was skeery. Plus, River Song was introduced in those episodes and I think she rocks. I know a lot of people find her annoying, but she's a badass and a smartass, and I find those endearing qualities.