Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Tamstrong, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that he had to go through yet another surgery, but I'm glad to hear he's back home. I'll continue to pray & I'll pray extra hard that the PET scan results are good news. You're very welcome for the prayers & I appreciate the thoughts & prayers on my behalf.

2. Tamstrong

Huh? Clarification please.

Amen x 2. :smt023

3. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tam. :smt058

4. Tamstrong

You're welcome. Any time, GG. :smt058

5. GirlieGirl74

My dad's PET scan was clear so he will not have to do any more chemo at this time. He will go back every 6 weeks to be checked for a while. The doctor told us that there is a good chance that it will come back at some point, but we are celebrating in the here and now. We'll let tomorrow worry about itself. Thank you all so much for the support and prayers over the last year. You all made a difficult situation easier. Hugs and kisses to all. :smt058

6. Tamstrong

:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038

Congrats to your dad; that's awesome, wonderful news, GG! God is awesome isn't He? I am so happy for y'all! Hugs & kisses to you, too! :D

7. FG

FG Well-Known Member

This is good news!!
    I love it!
    In the mean time, may I suggest going to:
    clinicaltrials.gov
    to look at clinical trials that are on-going in your area if you need it. Have info up front, be proactive as Im sure you are.

Prayers and thoughts to you and your family!!!!

8. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

gg...that is such brilliant news...!!! i'm so happy for you all :smt058

9. GirlieGirl74

He's good all the time, Tam. :D

Thanks, FG. I looked into the clinical trials back when he first was diagnosed per your suggestion :)D) , and unfortunately, there wasn't any in our area. I'm glad that you mentioned it again though. I'll keep a look out for new ones. You never know when a new trial may pop up.

Thanks, Tarshi.

All of you have been a big help in keeping me optimistic during this process. Who knew that people that you've never met can be so important in your life. ;)

10. Tamstrong

I'd like to request the prayers for a few folks in need...

My friend who lost her husband a few months ago is not doing well. She's severely depressed to the point where she is fighting a complete break down, & she is having a difficult time finding the help she needs since she has no insurance & not enough income to get any treatment.

An employee lost her home in the crazy storm that passed through here last night & she & her husband don't know what they're going to do.

Another employee's mother has had a severe stroke & it doesn't look like she's going to make it.

I'd appreciate any prayers offered on their behalf.

11. z

z Well-Known Member

Tam, my sister in Christ, you got it.

12. Tamstrong

Thank you, my Christian brother. I appreciate you. :smt058

13. suprchic73

suprchic73 New Member

Prayers up, girl!

And this is such an awesome thread...I just stumbled upon it. I think it's great to be able to pray for one another - prayer is an awesome thing. God bless you!! :smt083

14. Tamstrong

Thank you, girl! I agree, prayer is an awesome, beautiful thing, & I believe it's the most powerful thing we can do for one another. God bless you, too!!! :D

15. suprchic73

suprchic73 New Member

Amen!! :smt045

16. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

You know you got them coming from me too Tam.....keep us informed please...

17. Tamstrong

Thank you so much, TC. My depressed friend called me a little bit ago to tell me she found a therapist who is going to help her out & who's willing to work with her financial situation. She sounded better than she has in weeks...she sounded like she has hope again & like some of the weight has been lifted off her shoulders. God & prayer are so awesome! Thank you Jesus!!! :D

18. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

That's great tam.

19. Tamstrong

Yes it is, JC...I'm so happy for her. :D

20. z

z Well-Known Member

Aint that some serious TRUTH.