Kirstie Alley and her new boyfriend

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Ray9968, May 3, 2011.

1. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

It seems like ya'll take it out on the fat chics though. Well, the fat chics who are white and have the audacity to be with a BM.

2. z

z Well-Known Member

Yep, damn, Dre if you got the classy genteman Loki come out of hibernation and co-sign your stuff, you must be saying something valid. I guess I need to read your post more closer instead of skimming or skipin' it, lol.

3. z

z Well-Known Member

That sounds like a book title Dre will be writing, lol.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I tried whatever.
    Tam let me say this last thing and I'm done with you on this topic but between the two of us i'm more qualified to speak on what a strong black man is. And he's someone who ignores issues that involve his brothers just because he himself isn't currently going through it. He doesn't accept bare minimums and he sure as hell doesn't stay quiet when he sees racial inequality. Please don't respond because Im done.

5. The Dark King

Brit no one is taking anything out on fat chicks. Just making observations.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Thank you both for the kind words, this is a very complex issue, Tamstrong makes very good points as well. Glad to see differing viewpoints being discussed in a civil and intelligent manner.

7. The Dark King

Copyrighted lol

8. The Dark King

Old Switzerland in the house lol. Thanks for the rep attempt fam.

9. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

LOL, not quite Switzerland, just glad this topic has not degenerated to a flame war, like many controversial topics can around here.

10. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

That means she really liked your post. In other words...thumbs up.:smt023

11. Brittney

A couple that consists of a WW and a BM who are not equally attractive in the opinion of others is racial inequality? Unless it's the BM who is less attractive than the WW then it's fine.

12. The Dark King

I just want people to be honest. Actually you've pretty much just inspires me to say this. If we even used this board as example most of The US women posting are either overweight and/or past their best dating years(I won't name names because that's cruel) where as the more physically desirable women who like bm are from either Europe Canada or Austraila. So strictly using this board as a microcosm of country at large what would that suggest? To me it suggests that bm are not as valued here in the US as we are abroad which begs to ask why?

13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think that way. I expressed my opinion about what you said in the smaller text. More external hostility would surround the relationship because of the way other people around act.

14. The Dark King

Woman finding that combo is like finding a white tiger in Austrailia.

15. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I'm responding one last time anyway, Drae. My point was none of these things make a black man less valuable or desirable in the eyes of those of us who love him. It's obvious you don't think so, but I love & respect BM with all my heart & I never want to see anyone I love suffer. I do my best to give him credit where credit is due. I have no disrespect for your views or feelings on the topic, I just ask that you give your fellow black men more credit for their views & feelings. Peace.

16. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

promises promises8)

17. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

I see your point, but Empyrium, Kirstie Alley is beautiful. She is not unattractive by no means and her personality simply makes her even more attractive. I assure you that 99 out of 100 will not find this woman to be ugly.

18. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

When you dated her, did you worry about promoting the stereotype or did you not care what other people thought?

19. Brittney

Well, that's the impression I've always sensed whenever this topic is discussed. It reads like it's all the woman's fault and like "that ugly disgusting white bitch slob is making us black men look bad" heh. And the black man is just an innocent, helpless victim who has no control over who he chooses to be with and it's all the racists' fault for making the black man think he's undeserving and unworthy of what ALL black men and ALL of society agree is beautiful. Like all black men are super duper perfect and only deserve what EVERYONE agrees is the very very best and beyond. I'm not saying BM shouldn't get the best they can have. But it doesn't feel like we're talking about what is individually best for each individual BM. Just that they all deserve the best the world has to offer, no matter what he looks like, or what standard HE is. That's the impression I get. And I don't agree with that.

20. OpenHeart

OpenHeart New Member

LOL...When I read it, I said the same thing. Everything in me screamed no, but damn...the truth is the truth. Hell, I agreed with Flaming on the same day that he agreed with me on something on another thread. LOL...hell will freeze over before that ever happens again. But anyway, Karmacoma is right...on this point.;) You and I don't agree on everything but at least we don't hate each others guts.:smile: So save me a scoop of chocolate...don't give it all to that African sistah.