Question? Why do ww women like black men when they get older

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by Rocket, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Are you sure you want to use the word "Humanity"?

I have to disagree with you. Whiks is very honed into "humanity". She may not be as knowledgeable about the subject of race relations in America, but a lot of outsiders aren't. If they happen to have any inkling of info, it's usually wrong and prejudiced and/or biased.

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I agree with this.
    Noone is saying that racism doesnt exist out side the US. That would be foolish.
    But The US has a very unique history that does not exist in the way it has here. The repercussions of that and how it is alive today is not anything you with your intelligence can grasp - unless you've been here for a while. And even so, if you only socialize with whites, you wont even graps the concept of the white privilege that exists.

3. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Exactly!

The history is very deep in this country. There are many components of racism. We don't have slavery anymore, but mental slavery and conditioning still exists on a daily.

So it's okay for an outsider to not know, but that doesn't mean they don't have a general idea.

4. raocha

raocha Active Member

It's ridiculous to claim that Whikle is lacking in "humanity." She's been upfront about her confusion regarding American race relations, and I don't think anything that she's written is particularly offensive if she's honestly unaware of how pervasive some of these stereotypes are in across racial lines in the US.

Frankly, I have to agree that some people here have an unhealthy obsession with the negative stereotypes regarding BM/WW relationships. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that some of these guys like Frederick are long-term trolls, but some aren't, and the repetitive BS and disrespect shown towards the women (and men) here by repeating that nonsense is tiresome.

5. Anten7

Anten7 New Member

I wanted to use the word "reality" instead - I was just being nice. Apparently, she's not very knowledgeable about race relations in Australia either - and it shows...

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Heck! Some of us are knowledgeable about american race relations and still are scratching our heads about some of the stupid stuff. There is so much nonsense in it that you can't help but scratch your head. Look at the president! The man is still scratching his head on how to handle it.

7. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

The apology to the stolen generation actually came before Obama became president. But that's beside the point. Please don't try and school me on Aboriginal history, I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you do.

I'd like you to expand on exactly what your point is, though. Everything I argue for is based in humanitarianism. I find the overt racism in America hard to swallow because of my own idealistic views of the world. I know it's not founded in reality, but I think people should live in a way that is true to themselves and fair to all others around them. End of story. How am I removed from humanity?

Cheers, babe.

8. FG

FG Well-Known Member

:smt038

9. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

You are holding whikle responsible for every wrong her country ever committed?? Can we put you down as responsible for all the wrong here?? That is absurd. Go back and read her posts. She is very open-minded.

10. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Well that's just straight up bullshit. We weren't even talking about Australia. You clearly have no idea about me and my life and what I know about my own country.

Co-sign the applause, Geeky! And thanks Raocha.

11. archangel

This comment is brutal. The lady is simply asking questions. You don't need to make such terrible comments about it. Either answer the question or move on.

12. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

I didn't see that using the word "humanity" (as opposed to reality) as being nice. I found your post to be a little insulting towards her. I think everyones entitled to have some naiveté, and like she mentioned, she has stated that American race relations is beyond her. She openly admitted that, but you came at her harshly and I felt that was unwarranted.

13. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jordan! Good to see I wasn't the only one confused by such a statement...

14. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL....I agree!

I think people love to hold onto idiotic ideologies to pacify whatever ignorance they have.

Right back atcha Chica! ;)

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You clearly dont know what she does in her life outside here.

That speaks for it self.
    She is VERY aware.

That a non American cant grasp the repercussions of the slavery here - is something I can speak of first hand. It was a shock to me even knowing the history. It was an eye-opener when I moved here.

Give her a break for not understaning the complicated racial relations we have here. No-one can graps it unless you been here for a while. Its impossible.

Now, if we could only expand this type of discussion beyond this board... Maybe we would get somewhere?

16. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

That would be great, wouldn't it? This board has a lot of asinine and absurd generalizations and stereotypes that need to be worked on too, but we know that won't happen. If someone were to ask me, what word do use the most? I'd have to say WTF? I find myself saying this so often.

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LOL, that is the word I use the most too... but it is an eyeopener. and maybe its healthy to see that. If it exists here, it exists in the real world.
    I just want to be able to DO something! You know what I mean???

18. Anten7

Anten7 New Member

I really want to continue this - but I have to go. Firstly, archangel, you are not in charge of anything. Next, the fact that you all have formed a clique in this community doesn't change the fact that you have no idea what it means to have to deal with people who believe they are better than you because of the color of their skin.

19. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Damn straight.

You know, this is really my point, I know I don't always articulate it very well..

Look, I'm not totally naiive, I know that there have been atrocities in the past (America and Australia alike) but I believe that on a personal level it's only destructive to dwell on the past and let things hold you back from moving forward. Acceptance, love, understanding, communication.. these are the keys to healing racial divides. Continually dwelling on the negative only perpetuates the negative.

20. archangel

The only fact that doesn't change is that you don't know if we do or don't know how to deal with those types of people. You continue to make wild allegations with no proof.