Question? Why do ww women like black men when they get older

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by Rocket, Jun 11, 2008.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Whining about a stereotype and actually perpetuating one are two different things.

How do you figure they go hand-in-hand?

2. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Well if people were to ignore the stereotypes and dismiss them as the bullshit that they really are, they would cease to exist right? Or at least cease to have any sort of significance or credence. But it seems black people themselves are often the ones who keep bringing them up and getting mad about them. So they continue to circulate.

3. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Co sign the hell out of this. Levelheaded as usual.
    Im not even gonna bother responding to Fredericks usual garbage.

4. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

See, this is what I'm talking about. When you're confident, secure and intelligent you can see the truth in this. When you've got low self-worth and confidence issues, you blame stupid stereotypes for your own shortcomings.

5. Anten7

Anten7 New Member

lol@ "easy tiger"

6. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

:smt045

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

lol I love this theory that I call the kartman cycle. By talking about the subject at hand, you only make it known even further despite the fact that you want to decrease the popularity of the subject being known.

I have yet to see someone solve it. I agree by not talking about it that it will cease to exist but it has to be done by all. Just because black people stop talking about it does not mean it will fade away. It will simply fade away in the black community.

8. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Well that's a good thing, right?

9. archangel

People will continue to use the stereotype just behind your back. It would be like having an australian stereotype. If the aussies stop using it then it may fade away over there. This wouldn't stop it from existing here in the usa. This also wouldn't stop someone over here from using it on an aussie who doesn't know it is a sterotype. The aussie might think oh that is what they usually call me because it has faded away in australia.

yes, it is good for the group but it can also bring issues as well. It is best for everyone to simply stop using it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  10. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Obviously, that's the ultimate. But if the group who is most affected by the stereotype doesn't give a shit about it then why would it matter to anyone else?

11. archangel

because that group does not live alone on this planet. lol You can't just let people talk falsely about you. It brings your creditability down. We have stereotypes in America that affect how employers pick individuals or how customers buy thins from people.

12. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

Yeah, but my original statement was that black men seem to be the main group who goes on about these stereotypes regarding the type of white women they date... Maybe I'm wrong. I'm the first to admit that American race relations are beyond me.

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Heck, I lived here for 16 years and its still beyond me.

14. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Its all about entitlement, oppression, judgment and affiliation.

That's how our race relation work.

15. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

And on this board, include stereotypes and people running with them....

16. archangel

People usually try to go the opposite way of the stereotype in order to prove it wrong. Unfortunately for them to reason with others on why to go the opposite way, they must also spread the stereotype. You really have to know how to combat it or you will make it worse like many of the cases on the forum.

17. archangel

I have been here even longer. I understand it but how to fix it is a tough thing. It is mixed with ignorance. As we all know, ignorance is rampant even among the most intelligent of people.

18. archangel

lmao

I want to give you a rep but I haven't spread it around enough.

19. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

That's the key. And it's something I will never understand as long as I live.

20. Anten7

Anten7 New Member

Your comments always seem so removed from humanity - given Australia's history. Your own nation had a policy of kidnapping the children of black women in your country, and breeding them with whites in order to "produce a more viable race." Your nation's government didn't even apologize for it until Obama became POTUS. Perhaps your lack of humanity is to be expected - given your cultural background...