BM/WW Celebrity Families with children

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by xoxo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I think what he is asking how a recessive trait comes out when the father has the dominant hair color.

2. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

timmy is one of lippy's favorite nba players...gorgeous family:smt050

3. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

not an anomoly, basic bio, you have one in 4 chances to have features of one parent, 2 in 4 chances of having features of both(mixture) and 1 in 4 for the other parent.

4. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

it should be noted

Africans can also have recessive genes, just because it's not present in the phenotype, doesn't mean it's not latent. "Pure" Africans have different phenotypes (see those with the epicanthal folds) and genetic markers. Jan's dad is from Mozambique. Maybe East Africans share similar traits with the eastern Blonde Aboriginals shown below.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Invariably anytime there is discussion or even photographs of what we call "mixed" or "non monoracial" people these discussions come up; many times in referencing the perceived notion of what a "Black"/"White" mix looks like. Jan's father is an African from Mozambique, so again, the perception that a "full blood" African can't have a kid with "Blonde" hair or White skin is WRONG!! It happens so often that I don't know why folks call it an anomaly, especially with the Black and White twins. The press love these stories because it's so rare, yet despite it being rare they seem to have these stories every year. This being a BM/WW thread, I'm going to post this couple as example , even though there are WM/BW couples this happens to.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  5. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

his sister has blonde hair and this is his brother below.
    [​IMG]

^^^yep. This thread is perfect evidence of that. Lots of "Blondies" on here.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  6. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

photo request for Jaleel White and his daughter with his ex gf pictured on his left. He also has an IR webshow called Road to the altar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  7. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Tiny (TI's Girlfriend and from Tiny and Toya)

[​IMG]

Her parents (and I think that might be her sister)

[​IMG]

8. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

^^^nice one

9. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Thank you!

I think she has a brother as well and I think his wife is White.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because generally bi racial kids have more african features. Growing up I knew a lot of bi racial kids and non of them had blonde hair. Just a first for me I guess.

11. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

In the U.S, what people usually describe as “racial” features are in this order: skin color, hair texture, craniofacial elements.

I see a fairly equal distribution of features in children that result from both parents, if not in one child, certainly among a bunch. Mulatto and genetically mixed African Americans are no exception. While their features might show African ancestry (historically one of the factors that determined their racial classification) they also have craniofacial (especially) and other features that show European ancestry.

Again, In the U.S, the spectrum for “Whiteness” has been narrow, historically excluding the Whitest of the White (like the Irish) for ethnopoitical reasons, and other what is called “ethnic” Europeans like Jews, Slavs, Turks, certain mediterraneans. Even to this day, some are debating whether certain groups like Armenians or Albanians are White.

The spectrum for Blackness however has been very wide and all that's been required is known or suspected African ancestry. Thus, I feel the perception of what some Americans see as Black/African features or a predominance there of lie within this wide spectrum of what constitutes Blackness or non Whiteness.

The only thing that seems to be an "anomaly" about the Silva children is their "straightish" hair in combination with the color. Take a look at the other brother with short hair. If these kids had coiled/curly hair, I don't think there would be anything that would distinguish them from what people consider a Black/White mix to look like. How many of these biracial kids you know are Finnish/Mozambican? That mix could be a factor, there could be a few reasons why the kids look like they do.

Despite the Black power ideology, Black people can have recessive genes and they don't always take predominance in a mix with a "White" person or even a "Black" person with light skin. As tuckerreed stated you have one in 4 chances to have features of one parent, 2 in 4 chances of having features of both(mixture) and 1 in 4 for the other parent.

With regard to Blonde hair, I have seen many “Black mixed” kids with Blonde hair (my hair was dirty blonde as a kid and I'm not first-generationally-mixed,) granted many of those are from already mixed "Black" Fathers. But men like Seal and this man, who I suspect are 100% African, can have kids with Blonde or Blondish hair. They are a bunch of mixies on here with varying Blonde color and texture.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  12. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    April Roomet and Tyson Beckford have a son together.

13. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Somali reporter Rageh Omaar and his two kids, Rageh is married to Georgiana Rose "Nina" Montgomery-Cuninghame. she's Scottish nobility...still looking for a pic of her
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Wow that was a long and unneeded lecture. I admitted that my knowledge on interracial mixing was limited. I said in MY experience I've never seen it didn't mean I don't think it exists as it clearly does in the pictures shown before.

15. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Lecture? Since when am I lecturing? If am I gonna discuss something as complicated as "race", I wanna try to be thorough. I'm not an expert, nor am I trying to lecture, but race/ethnicity is the last thing I want to be flippant about, especially with regards to how children of IR turn out.

16. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Old School Pt.2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    all grown up

17. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

18. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I picked boy.

Funny how out of the 523 votes that have been made, 261 were for girl and 262 (including mine) were for boy. :)

19. GirlieGirl74

GirlieGirl74 Well-Known Member

This may not be the place for this photo, but I thought it was so cute and family-oriented that I wanted to post it. We can pretend they are celebrity hands if that will make everyone feel better. ;)

[​IMG]

20. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

latest pics of Heidi with her kids
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010