BM/WW Celebrity Families with children

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by xoxo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

She's Korean.

2. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

alle le bleu alle le bleu

3. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

hmmm she seems latina , but how does that make her white? in a ww bm celebrity IR couples and families?

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Yea, she doesn't fit the description of the thread.

I'm not sure why XO poster her in here.

5. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

yep since even if she were Korean that would make her Asian not white

thanks

6. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

She's not Black, and if she was, she would not be shown unless she was the child of a Black man. She's a White latina, and according to a DNA test, 80% white. Her husband is half Black. There are a number of pics of Black men with their White latina/Hispanic wives. Why shouldn't Alba be included? She certainly seems to fit the criteria of what most Black men on here consider to be White.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  7. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Did you watch her on George Lopez? lol

8. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Yes, she seemed very ignorant about genetics, she's 87% european according to the DNA test and according to wikipedia Her mother is of Danish and French Canadian descent and her father is Mexican American. I see nothing about her being of Korean heritage.

9. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

She actually looked upset.

I actually read that the test George does inaccurate.

I was filling out the Census (I'm late turning it in) and we got into a discussion about her ethnicity/background etc. I'd love to discuss this with you. If you can and would like to, can you go here: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11386&page=6

10. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

None of those DNA tests are 100%, nor are they so inaccurate that there would be much deviation from a result of 87% European, 13% Native American.

Now whether Jessica Alba identifies as White is another story. I included her because men on this board claim many a Latina as "White". I may not, nor do I really consider Assyrians as White, which is why I haven't included Scottie Pippen's wife and kids. Others on here might consider her White and I would accept that. Thus goes racial definitions....I'm sure I could confine this thread to African Bushmen with their Nordic Wives and perfectly brown babies....but that thread would be mighty short....

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I thought being latin was a cultural thing like being Jewish. I had friend tear me a new one because of a documentary I did last year and said that here and her white bf were an ir couple. I got an earful about how hispanics were made up of people who were black white and of native american descent so they were all the things.

12. Espy

Espy New Member

I think it depends on the person babe. Most of the Mexican's I grew up around were adamant that they were NOT white, latino, or hispanic, they were Mexican. They were militant about it, and there was a big distinction in their mind, and they looked down on white people and the women in particular had very negative views on WW. My sister's father is Mexican and one considers herself latina, and the other considers herself white. So I think it's open to the individual's interpretation.

13. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

Hispanic/Latin = Ethnic group. So I'm considering her a White Hispanic unlike Orlando Hernández/Sammy Sosa who are Black Hispanics. Now most Hispanics are genetically mixed and their phenotypes show that like Alex Rodriguez. Since, Hypodescent doesn't exist really outside the U.S, most Hispanics don't claim to be one race or the other, and if they do, it's usually White (for obvious reasons especially when they are thrown in the US dynamic). Yes, some don't want to be seen as Black/African.

As far as this DNA science is concerned, there are four "racial tribes" (SSA, European, NA, Asian) depending on the results you can only be part of these. Hispanics/Latino's like some other groups tend to define themselves by national origin or ethnic group, not by these notions of "Race",

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  14. The Dark King

Thanks for the education xo I really appreciate it. Another lesson in how no one wants to be black if they can help it lol.

15. The Dark King

Thanks for the reply darling. I haven't seen you in a while definitely missed your comments.

16. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scottie Pippen with his wife and kids.

compare in "Whiteness" to Jessica Alba

17. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

that and "race" is subjective. Why should Hispanics or any group have to conform the the U.S notion of race. They see something, American's might see another (many times it's the absence of Whiteness). Take for instance O.J's daughter was arrested by Hispanic officers and they put her race as White

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0119051simpson1.html

She would not be considered visually White by most Americans.

18. Espy

Espy New Member

:smt008

19. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

This is so off topic, but when the OJ trial was going on, I went to the courthouse to pick up my friend and some guy asked me if I was his Jason Simpsons girlfriend...lol

20. xoxo

xoxo Well-Known Member

were you? :lol: and IB, your background sounds very interesting. :cool: