BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Schmigadoon! — Season 2 Official Trailer | Apple TV+

2. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

For anybody that watches The Flash Chester and Alegra
    became official in tonight's episode 9x5

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching the 11th episode of "East New York" & this show is 1 of the rare times an IR couple is depicted in a TV show or Film with the brotha, Bentley, being from a well-off upper middle class & up family, while the ww, Quinlan, grew up poor & homeless. In this episode Quinlan meets Bentley's family at his parent's house while she's on the job & in uniform, but Bentley doesn't seem eager to introduce Quninlan as his GF.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. ColiBreh1

IR couple that own a BBQ restaurant has it featured on a recent episode of Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives":

5. ColiBreh1

Watching last week's episode of "East New York" (Season 1, Episode 14) & I'm reminded the most ridiculous storyline on this show is the fact becuz the lead character/commanding officer of the East New York police precinct believes so much in her officers living in the community they serve, they got Quinlan & Bentley living in a crime-ridden section 8 projects.

Even though both Quinlan & Bentley volunteered for this program (Quinlan volunteered becuz she grew-up poor/homeless/orphan, so she feels living in the projects is a step-up from how she grew-up, Bentley later volunteered for a projects apartment becuz he was tired of living with his parents all the way in a nice upper-middle class suburb & wanted to get his own place in the city closer to his job.), But I find this ridiculous storyline so unrealistic.

EDIT:

This episode felt like they were trying to tease 2 different love triangles both involving Quinlan & Bentley. The first triangle involing a BW track coach that Bentley & the lead character help out and the 2nd triangle involing a tall divorced brotha that lives in the same projects that Quinlan & Bentley do.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Jeffrey Tripp

There is a show with Kerry Washington and Delroy Lindo called Unprisoned. Delroy's character is with a White woman played by Brenda Strong.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm ordering the Sky network. Lol

8. ColiBreh1

I watched the trailer for Hulu's "Unprisoned" last week. I didn't realize that Brenda Strong was playing the woman that seems to be Delroy Lindo's character's love interest. I guess I'm in.

Here's the trailer:

Here's the "What's to come this season" trailer that aired after the premiere:

Here's the "Inside the Series" featurette:

9. darkcurry

I hope they don't turn the IR into some kind punching bag for those that don't like bm/ww together; filling it with stereotypes and making the white woman the enemy and the black man weak. Because this looks really good. I notice that a few of these new black series that include bm/ww IR have done that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. ColiBreh1

Which new black shows did this?

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Victoria’s Fantasy About Nate From Y&R
    [​IMG]

12. Jeffrey Tripp

Damn they look good together, I can't wait until they really get it on.

13. darkcurry

The Proud Family episode is one I can think of right now.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I don't think I am being hyperbolic when stating that this singular episode was downright historic in terms of its presentation of black men and their sexuality.

The previous episode concluded when Victoria threw caution to the wind by telling Nate she was going to take a room in the hotel they were having a meeting in and she wanted him to join her there. She mentioned there was no pressure on him to do so and if he denied the offer she would understand.

The beginning of this episode saw her in that room looking things over and contemplating her actions (she knows Nate is in a relationship) before texting him her room number. Nate did eventually make it to the room but it did not go the way she wanted because he pointed out how he is already involved with someone else, blah, blah, blah.

That someone else is his girlfriend Elena who kept pressing him with questions, once he returned home, about what is going on with him and Victoria. He denied anything was happening between them blah, blah, blah.

But wait. There's more! Before Nate returned home to Elena he ran into his co-worker Audra whom he had personally hired and they shared a couple of scenes together before he split. When another character approached Audra she finally admitted that she wants Nate as well. She doesn't see Elena, his girlfriend, as her true competition. She claimed that Victoria, her boss, is the main competition and that she is going to do what she can to make sure Nate and Victoria don't hook up.

What this means is that THREE women are essentially fighting for the affections of a black male character. Having two women fight for a black guy is rare enough in movies and TV (especially soaps). But three ladies simultaneously pursuing any guy, regardless of race, is just unheard of. I don't know how long this story is going to last but it is damn interesting because of how complicated it is and how even messier it can get, especially considering Victoria, Nate and Audra all work for the same company. That company is owned by Victoria's family and she is the CEO. Nate works under her and Audra works under him. Its gonna get wild. And the very fact that the episode ended with Victoria, a woman with a rep of getting whatever she wants, having this fantasy moment of her and Nate in bed and with the last shot of her looking wistfully towards the direction of her empty bed? Wow. It was such a shock to the system to see any medium put up a platform of black male desirability. I can't get such a thing on a BET show for God's sakes.

Also for those who are not aware Elena is black and Audra is Latino. So Nate has three women of three different races pining for him. Can anyone think of something like this happening to a "brotha" before onscreen? And I have to say the actress who plays Audra is the sexiest chick I've seen on the show in years.

But that's not all. In the same episode Victoria's dad, Victor Newman, made a visit to Nate's cousin, Devon. He came by unexpectedly to talk business with Devon and while they were in a discussion, Victor's other daughter, Abby, walked down the stairs into the room not knowing anyone else was downstairs with Devon. The only thing she was wearing was Devon's T-shirt and considering Devon had to quickly make himself look appropriate before answering the door, it was clear they just had sex. And Victor wasn't aware that Devon and Abby were even seeing one another. It made him uncomfortable enough to leave prematurely and head back home. If only Victor knew what his OTHER daughter was up to. His head would totally spin.

Anyway black guys were winning in a manner I am unaccustomed to. There's a heck of a storyline going on with Nate and Victoria especially right now that should only get better UNLESS certain people of multiple races start making complaints.

• Like Like x 4
    • List
  15. Jeffrey Tripp

CBS soaps has been on one when it comes to IR romance in recent years. Abby is on her third Black man which has to be a record. Remember Nate smashed Abby too. Not if but when Nate smash Victoria he would have smashed both of Victor's daughters. And we know on Bold and the beautiful Carter has been with Quinn and now Katie back to back. Compared to ABC and NBC CBS has been downright revolutionary,

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. ColiBreh1

Just watched this week's season 3 premiere of "Superman & Lois". The trailer for this new season confirmed that Lana & her Husband, Kyle, are officially getting divorced and their divorce is a subplot in this episode. Lana & John Henry flirt again while at a party & Kyle feels some type of way about it & ends up hooking up Lois' colleague at the local Smallville newspaper. So Lana & John Henry is a potential 'ship to keep an eye out for.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

How bout some spoiler tags my dude?!? LOL :p I'm with you though, hopefully this actually happens.

18. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Has that Sheila character (played by Kim Brown) hooked up with a brother?

19. ColiBreh1

I also peeped that John Henry was the dude to cape for Lana when she confronted at the party over city government business:

20. Jeffrey Tripp

In the most recent episode of Yellowstone 5x8
    Teeter kissed Colby and told him she loved him.

• List